TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

Freckleds were released and LOTS of people remembered them - their name was even floating around during the release.

TJ didn't change them - and they had gone through the appropriate wait time, too. I doubt TJ will delay them, especially because he's already "given," them to us. They'll probably be August or September. 

3 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

ah sorry to be like a Downer or anything but I'm wondering if someone could explain the anatomy of the gendered musty hatchling to me..?

The first two wing fingers look like they're missing their shading? I can't quite tell why they look like that; could someone explain?

Looks like our view of the wing is of it curved forward. Like this:

NMTV7UZ.png

The lighter color would be either because the back of the wing is gray instead of black, or there's strong light cast onto the back of the wing. The lighting thing doesn't make a ton of sense though since the light is coming from above on the sprite so the part of the wing tilted downward would be in shadow, and nowhere else is there such a bright highlight on the dragon.

I hope these guys turn out to be more shiny and iridescent. For supposedly oily dragons, they kind of just look like chubby Cavern Lurkers...

Personally I wish the five hour wait time on the mistakenly released eggs would be waived. I had several of the mistake eggs and am now locked for a few hours.

Whew I went to sleep and missed an epic! All caught up now, nothing changed for me. I just caught the original two and went to bed ^^;;

55 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

fwJqOmy.png

These are the two names I have reserved, still have to come up with something for the other two. If any other Homestuck fans are in this thread, the gusty dragons made me think of John since they're blue and windy... And lo and behold, they were turned into oil dragons, and his land was covered in oil! How perfect. These are special LOWAS dragons. :'D

Ohh! This is clever! I like this!

Also, gendered hatchlings!

Knowing the ~Whatever name of breed~ doesn't really change anything. People who saw it in DR already know about it obviously so there is nothing to spoil. For people like me who had no idea, the name means absolutely nothing. They weren't around long enough to hatch and grow up, so it was just egg sprites. (and don't go digging back through the thread if you don't want to see those, there were plenty of screenshots posted)

Edited by Yhme

The hatchlings have gendered! Both look really interesting to me and I am curious to see how they look like as adults! (Countdown: 2 Days and 18 Hours) 😁

Edited by Natevaelle

7 minutes ago, Sextonator said:

No spoilers is an appropriate request for this situation with the glitch eggs.

This for all released CLs. Please.

I dumped a bunch of eggs to get these, but fortunately they were commons I was just using to unlock the Encyclopedia.

9 minutes ago, Yhme said:

Knowing the ~Whatever name of breed~ doesn't really change anything. People who saw it in DR already know about it obviously so there is nothing to spoil. For people like me who had no idea, the name means absolutely nothing. They weren't around long enough to hatch and grow up, so it was just egg sprites. (and don't go digging back through the thread if you don't want to see those, there were plenty of screenshots posted)

But not everyone saw it, so spoiling the name when someone could have fun trying to guess it based on descriptions and sprites is unfair. And as a frequenter of DR I probably saw it, but I don't remember it based on just the egg. I still don't want to be spoiled.

9 minutes ago, Sextonator said:

But not everyone saw it, so spoiling the name when someone could have fun trying to guess it based on descriptions and sprites is unfair. And as a frequenter of DR I probably saw it, but I don't remember it based on just the egg. I still don't want to be spoiled.

Exactly. Those of us who know the wind egg need to keep quiet, for the sake of those who want the fun of guessing name/etc. It isn't hard to keep quiet or have common courtesy for the concept's release and the people who don't know it.

This is frustrating... The musky egg drop didn't event last 10 seconds... how will I be able to get one? :(

Edit:

I give up.

"No eggs to be found", it hits xx:x5  or xx:x0,  I refresh and THERE IS ALREADY ONLY 1 EGG LEFT. Which is not even a musky.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

Just grabbed three glassy eggs from the Volcano (and promptly hid them). I can't wait to unlock and keep hunting!

Fortunately I hadn't managed to catch any of the new eggs before this morning, so nothing's spoiled for me.

Can someone tell me what biomes the  gusty winds dropped so I know what to ask for in trade?

1 minute ago, Fortune86 said:

Where are you other eggs I don't have yet?

There are only the “musky” eggs which are everywhere and the “glassy” eggs which are only in Volcano. There were some eggs in Alpine, but they were a glitch and were changed to musky eggs.

3 minutes ago, almne said:

There are only the “musky” eggs which are everywhere and the “glassy” eggs which are only in Volcano. There were some eggs in Alpine, but they were a glitch and were changed to musky eggs.

Thanks. I don't have musky eggs yet. Luck is not with me.

What, the windy eggs are gone? I had caught two, wish I had made a screen shot. :(

And I just caught my first musky egg in the forest.

8 minutes ago, 49ER said:

Can someone tell me what biomes the  gusty winds dropped so I know what to ask for in trade?

They were dropping in the alpine. All of them were converted to musty eggs though.

7 minutes ago, 49ER said:

They were a glitch, not meant to be released yet, and changed to the "must" eggs later one.