TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

I wonder what the gusty ones looked like before they were removed. In other news, i'm having abhorrent luck with these muskies so here's hoping i'll be able to catch at least one before the day ends.

A zoom in of the glassy hatchies makes me wonder if they'll go nicely with Yellow-Crownes! If not, Ices might work as well as Blue Fire Gems.

Edit: Added Crownes for comparison.

image.png.a625995b78150450e5e435840b3d893f.png image.png.e7b4445f4b17f3a258bec3eef2090086.png  image.png.36cdfeaa41ee2e29f5fc15277cc8d0e0.png

Edited by lovecats99

The posture reminds me of the Frostbites. Even if they change it, I might give it a try with them.

8 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

A zoom in of the glassy hatchies makes me wonder if they'll go nicely with Yellow-Crownes! If not, Ices might work as well as Blue Fire Gems.

Yeeeeessss!! I knew those specific colors looked familiar but I couldn't place it. Yellow Crowneds, yes! Very very similar colors, just more yellow then blue on the new one. If they keep the same basic coloring as adults I'd bet that will make very pretty lineages.

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Unfortunately, an extra breed that is definitely not yet ready to release appears to have snuck into this one. Because it's not ready yet and couldn't just be left as-is, I've converted all of the eggs to the new breed that is available from the same biome.

Sorry for any weirdness this is going to cause.

As opposed to the general weirdness of DC?  Nope, though the gusty eggs are really pretty, and I hope that whatever hatches out of them when they are ready fulfills the promise of the egg.   In the meantime, thanks for the two extra musky eggs.  Those are hard to come by.  

9 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

I could have sworn Yellow-Crowneds also had a glass theme, apparently I was mistaken. They just look glassy and come from a sandy place. xP Well, it should be an apt pairing regardless.

Woo! The gusty glitch gave me musky eggs! Which is good because...I've yet to see a single one in the cave. Just got three glassies easily but no muskies beyond what TJ09 gave me.

3 minutes ago, blackdragon71 said:

As opposed to the general weirdness of DC? 

This made me giggle way more then it should've. It's true, DC is full of weirdness! One of the things that makes it so exciting sometimes. 

1 minute ago, Loveless3173 said:

Is it just me or are these Musky eggs just NOT dropping at all? 

I noticed this too. I've seen plenty of glassy eggs and not many musky one. IIRC new releases are supposed to flood the cave for the first day or so and then start dropping at their normal levels. Glassy eggs seem to be flooding as usual but the musky eggs don't seem to be dropping much. 

woo! Finally saw and caught a musky egg! Unfortunately, I also accidentally grabbed a Misfit pygmy. Normal eggs filtering in, guuh! Guess I'll have to hope I can snag another musky in four hours when I can drop the pygmy egg.

5 minutes ago, blackdragon71 said:

As opposed to the general weirdness of DC?  Nope, though the gusty eggs are really pretty, and I hope that whatever hatches out of them when they are ready fulfills the promise of the egg.   In the meantime, thanks for the two extra musky eggs.  Those are hard to come by.  

And one must never forget to take into account the fact that drama and panic will always be with us.  The general population of DC can panic at the drop of a hat...any hat.

3 minutes ago, crazyflower said:

I noticed this too. I've seen plenty of glassy eggs and not many musky one. IIRC new releases are supposed to flood the cave for the first day or so and then start dropping at their normal levels. Glassy eggs seem to be flooding as usual but the musky eggs don't seem to be dropping much. 

The actual flood, ie no other eggs mixed in, never lasts a whole day. Usually about 8-10 hours, shorter if they are supposed to be rare, which it looks like the muskies might be. IF they are 'true rares', it's completely normal that there aren't many around 15 hours after their release.

Thanks Spriters, and TJ for this release!

Got 4 glassy, and 3 mustys for now.

I've got 1 egg there is no way I'm abandoning, so I'll get that 4th musty later.

Seems I missed out on the gusty shenanigans. I'm good with that. :)

Got some names for the Gusty glitch eggs reserved--

The Musky My Friend

Is Blowing in the Wind

The Musky is Blowing in the Wind

1 minute ago, 49ER said:

Got some names for the Gusty glitch eggs reserved--

The Musky My Friend

Is Blowing in the Wind

The Musky is Blowing in the Wind

Daaaaaaang now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all day! We sang that as a class in grade school and now every time it's mentioned I can't get it out of my head. 😛

I have an egg that won't hatch for 20-ish hours that was a gift, but then I'll be able to grab one more new one (if that's still possible in 20 hours with how hard they seem to be to get now...)

More Lyrics:

How many Gusts must

The Alpine Drop Down

Before TJ Changes them to Musks

Great! I actually noticed the new eggs while I still had scroll space available this time.

The Gustys are not dropping anymore and they were changed to Musk eggs

I'm having so much trouble with finding the musky eggs but I'll get there sometime. :D As always, I'm looking forward to seeing the adults.