TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

4 minutes ago, KiraLwolf said:

Thank you! I came back in a panic thinking I missed out and skimmed his post thinking I missed out. 

For the people who caught them, does it mean they get to keep them?

No, they got turned into one of the new eggs.

13 minutes ago, KiraLwolf said:

Thank you! I came back in a panic thinking I missed out and skimmed his post thinking I missed out. 

For the people who caught them, does it mean they get to keep them?

Nope if you reread my intial reply to you (that you quoted) I said: " TJ caught it and all of the eggs of this breed that were caught are now Musty eggs (the dark ones from this release) as they were the only eggs that should have been dropping in alpine, the biome the glitched eggs were dropping in." (pertinent info is in red this time :P)

Does anybody know why nobody has updated the dragon cave wiki currently being released page?

29 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

thats pretty much what I see except my eggs are all fogged and I have no hatchies lol.

Exactly, that's what I'm seeing. I just wondered if I was the only one.

9 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Nope if you reread my intial reply to you (that you quoted) I said: " TJ caught it and all of the eggs of this breed that were caught are now Musty eggs (the dark ones from this release) as they were the only eggs that should have been dropping in alpine, the biome the glitched eggs were dropping in." (pertinent info is in red this time :P)

oh!! Apologies! Thanks for highlighting it for me hehe 😝

10 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Reserved Muuuusk In The Wiiiiind and All We Are Is Musk In The Wind for my two. 

Edit: I like the accents on the baby musky.

😍 love those names!! 

Edited by priscel

3 minutes ago, IloveDragons said:

There's no mor musty eggs? T-T I hate when I miss the release! 

I want musky eggs too! Except I can’t seem to find them right now...

And these eggs remind me of a meme...

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Yeah, that's a *lot* of views for a brand-new egg. Brand-new eggs can get sick with 200-300 views sometimes, so with those stats it's not surprising yours died. I hope you can replace them!

Yeah, replacing them was no problem.

4 minutes ago, SyntheticSiivally said:

I want musky eggs too! Except I can’t seem to find them right now...

And these eggs remind me of a meme...

I saw one in the volcano, but of course, I wasn't able to catch it. It's too hard!! 

I managed to grab 5 from the Volcano before locking, good luck to those still hunting!

I'm curiosity-hunting (ie, refreshing the biomes even though I'm locked just to see how they are dropping now) and I do see a few mustys every so often. They are definitely still dropping, just not nearly as much as the glassys.

People in the Trading Hub are asking for new release hatchlings, guess they don't realize no one can possibly have hatchlings yet? Unless you try Earthquake, I guess...

Huh, I wonder if the m:f ratios for the new dragons will be weighed one way over the other. Usually (as far as I’m aware) the dragons displayed on the front page of a release have at least one male and one female, but I noticed for this release, both musky’s are female and both glassy’s are male; and with the dragons I caught, both musky’s precogged female (they were originally gusty’s if that changes anything) and then of the three glassy’s, two precogged male. It’s possible I’ve just got a small sample size, and I’m trying to catch a third musty, but in the meantime, I thought I’d share. 

Edit: so the site just went down for maintenance, but right before that, I caught a musky egg in the volcano biome??? Are they dropping there now too? 

Edit edit: Site is back up, new musky is also precogged female. So 3/3 on that one, and 2/3 on the glassy’s

Edited by aeyria

18 minutes ago, aeyria said:

Huh, I wonder if the m:f ratios for the new dragons will be weighed one way over the other. Usually (as far as I’m aware) the dragons displayed on the front page of a release have at least one male and one female, but I noticed for this release, both musky’s are female and both glassy’s are male; and with the dragons I caught, both musky’s precogged female (they were originally gusty’s if that changes anything) and then of the three glassy’s, two precogged male. It’s possible I’ve just got a small sample size, and I’m trying to catch a third musty, but in the meantime, I thought I’d share. 

Edit: so the site just went down for maintenance, but right before that, I caught a musky egg in the volcano biome??? Are they dropping there now too? 

Edit edit: Site is back up, new musky is also precogged female. So 3/3 on that one, and 2/3 on the glassy’s

It could just be RNG, but as for TJ's dragons' genders, since they are not dimorphic the gender of each hatchling doesn't matter.

22 minutes ago, aeyria said:

My muskies precogged as a pair, so they are definitely not one gender only.

Also, I love how the glassy hatchies complement the colours of the Yellow-Crowned.

2 hours ago, attackfish said:

Does anybody know why nobody has updated the dragon cave wiki currently being released page?

I know someone already replied to this, but the page has been updated :) (Edit: for any reading, please don't forget anyone can edit the wiki, it's a collaborative project!)

Edited by bluesonic1

Can someone give me a full description of the 'musky' ones? I missed the drop. I managed to get the volcano ones within minutes but I already have a misclick looking for the other.

Edit: Thank you @jostensminyard

Edited by Wiz

2 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Can someone give me a full description of the 'musky' ones? I missed the drop. I managed to get the volcano ones within minutes but I already have a misclick looking for the other.

This egg has a pleasant, musky smell.

New eggs! 😍

Always fun to see new breeds growing up.

Both hatchlings are really cute and I can't wait to have a bit more space on my scroll so I can grab some more! ^_^ I always end up locking myself with eggs before a release, even when I'm hoping one will come. I just can't seem to help myself. 

Announcement

If anyone is still having trouble catching the musky eggs, we will be opening up the New Release Gifting Force later today! Do keep in mind that we can only do so much