TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

26 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

THE  TRUTH

Has been spoken.

In all seriousness, I couldn´t have put it better myself. 

Honestly I think DC does need some readjusting with rare ratios. In so many ways, DC is a pick-up-and-go game, a few minutes a day sort of game. For working stiffs like me, there's simply no reasonable way to justify spending a hundred plus hours staring at cave biomes hoping 1) a Gold will drop and 2) I will be the lucky kid to catch it. It's like watching paint dry! :E

I think Coppers and Xenos are much more reasonable an expectation, the right mix of hard but happening, but Golds and Silvers are just... absurd. 

That being said, I think the store will make a big difference for a lot of people, but I do think the drop ratios could stand some tweaking, too.

And THAT being said, new releases pretending to be rare and then becoming uber common in a few days is quite common, so I wouldn't hit the panic button on these guys just yet. XD 

8 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

-snip

And THAT being said, new releases pretending to be rare and then becoming uber common in a few days is quite common, so I wouldn't hit the panic button on these guys just yet. XD 

I just love seeing people trading high for new releases that turn out to be common blockers x)

9 hours ago, calenlass said:

First time in a looooong time I've actually managed to be around for these drops.

I hope the "windy" egg didn't 'bomb' the real drop and have to be removed for sneaking in...😨

Darn it!!! That dang egg did sneak in...

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I like that attitude! 

I guess some people don't like challenges or get frustrated if they can't get eggs right away, but I love it when it *is* an actual challenge to get eggs, instead of them basically just falling into my lap they are so plentiful. That's part of the fun of the game, to me, hunting and refreshing and maybe not getting them right away but it's sooo satisfying when you do!

Exactly. It's very satisfying and exciting when I manage to get one, not to mention refreshing the page to see what's there, and I have to put in some work!

It helps a lot that I have good internet and access. If I had bad internet I would understand being really frustrated. At the same time with trading and the marketplace available I hope that those with slow internet are able to collect CB eggs all the same! Just maybe not 8 today.

Has anyone experienced viewbombing lately? I haven't heard of any cases in the past 4 hours or so, and I have two regular eggs in hatcheries with no problems and two new release eggs unhidden on my scroll. Has it already died down?

14 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Honestly I think DC does need some readjusting with rare ratios. In so many ways, DC is a pick-up-and-go game, a few minutes a day sort of game. For working stiffs like me, there's simply no reasonable way to justify spending a hundred plus hours staring at cave biomes hoping 1) a Gold will drop and 2) I will be the lucky kid to catch it. It's like watching paint dry! :E

I think Coppers and Xenos are much more reasonable an expectation, the right mix of hard but happening, but Golds and Silvers are just... absurd. 

That being said, I think the store will make a big difference for a lot of people, but I do think the drop ratios could stand some tweaking, too.

Wouldn't it be funny if the glassy eggs became rare and the musky ones common?

Anyway yeah I guess I should add in that not everyone has the time to check every 5 minute drop. But there are many other ways of getting the eggs too which helps it a bit.

I also agree on the rarity balance; we need a good mix of uncommons and rares (not gold level but more elemental trio level).

@TJ09 A question... I saw people made gifs including the accidentally-released "gusty" egg sprite, will that affect their releaseability?

@High Lord November @HeatherMarie again, for me it's just... time. I work full time. I can't spend hours browsing an adoptables game in hopes of a very uncertain payoff. Marie, I believe you've said you spend several hours a day on the game, but unfortunately for me and a lot of folks that's impossible. ;___; That's why I feel most of the uncommons in the game are a nice balance. I can hunt down Xenos, Coppers, Zyus and the like because while scarce, they're around enough that I feel I can get one within a reasonable time frame. Golds and Silvers aren't like that and haven't been since a weird metal overabundance glitch nearly a decade ago. As I mentioned above I think the shop will be a nice change for many, but I still think the actual in-cave ratios could use some fiddling with. A game with... I believe 40,000 players is often quoted? Needs more than half a dozen CB Metals falling every day. (Could be a higher amount, but based on what I've seen in 10+ years of playing and from others, I don't believe it can be MUCH higher...)

@DuskOfTheStars the cat is already out of the (figurative) bag; I doubt TJ would withhold a great dragon just because it was seen and a few people saved the picture.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit more than a little angry that I dropped a prize dragon egg for a windy egg only for it to turn into a musty egg. I'm mostly angry at myself, but the feeling is still there. 😕

Edited by ShadowKunoichi13

13 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

Has anyone experienced viewbombing lately? I haven't heard of any cases in the past 4 hours or so, and I have two regular eggs in hatcheries with no problems and two new release eggs unhidden on my scroll. Has it already died down?

One of my eggs got sick within the past hour or two, not sure if there was a sudden increase in views or if the hatchery was just too much though since I wasn't paying close attention to my eggs. It does seem like they gave up.

7 minutes ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

@TJ09 A question... I saw people made gifs including the accidentally-released "gusty" egg sprite, will that affect their releaseability?

I really hope not, as this was a mistake made by the game, not the spriter or creator so I hope it does not damage the dragon's chance at getting a release. I love them, okay??

18 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

It looks like it has slowed a bit. I just unfogged my glitchy eggs and I had others that definitely were bombed earlier, but they seem to be gaining a normal number of views now. Still be careful though. Mine are nearing the 5 day mark, so they can stand having a little extra.

Wow the Coast was the place to be at 8:50 (cave time) a paper, a xeno, and a new musk egg.  of course I didn't get any of them.  /sigh.  

I don't dare hunt in the cave when I'm locked. Kind of wishing those bombers would come hit my ER eggs lol

editing for: okay I went and pretend-hunted at x:05. I would have grabbed one of those muskies if not locked, so they can't be thaaat bad right now. 

--- make that 3

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

i don't mind a challenge but i also don't like near-imposssible odds. I work. Many of us work. ANd when a drop starts at 11pm my time, and then i work during the day, by that evening new eggs are mixed in with old already and there is no 'fun challenge' about seeing the same cave blockers sitting there that are always sitting there, knowing that being a responsible adult and working has potentially cost me ever getting any of these new eggs, if they turn out to be uncommons or rares that i can never find in cave or trade for

i don't mind a challenge. I do mind never getting a specific egg because i cannot afford the steep trading costs people demand for them, and not having hte hours of free time necessary to camp a biome in the hopes of finally getting one.

Maybe don't go saying people just want things easy without considering the fact not everyone has hours to pour over dragon cave lol. It's not MY fault I have a job and have to work during the peak drop hours of a new drop, and now cannot find any new eggs during that release or afford the trades asked for them. 

This time I got lucky. I was here for the start of the drop and got all my eggs within the hour before I had to go to bed. BUt other times I miss entire drops and have to try and bargain a trade with people for eggs, or rely on generosity from forum members because i just don't have the time to dedicate to it myself

I like DC for the collecting and breeding, but i can't devote 6+ hours camping biomes for uncommon and rare eggs that i happen to miss the initial flood for becuase the drop time is so freakin low before old eggs mix in. If you live in the wrong time zone, and it drops in the middle of the night, that's 8 hours you sleep and 8 hours of work, leaving you with 16 hours AFTER the drop started to try and get eggs. And because people don't want long drops, we get screwed over when old eggs start mixing in, and people that already got their full slots of eggs go back to hunt more of them.

Sorry though. I just find it a bit pretentious of you to just assume everyone getting frustrated just wants easy and fast eggs handed to them. I don't mind hunting. I DO mind hunting when new eggs are gone by the time i get home from work because i'm not lucky to live in a 'chosen' time zone

I didn't say anything about people just wanting things easy, please reread my post. I said some people don't like challenges or not getting their eggs right away, and that's just a fact that is very evident among the posts here. I said I prefer when it's a challenge rather then the eggs basically falling into my lap... That's a personal statement, about what I like, not a statement about anyone else. I'm not judging, I'm not saying those people are wrong, I'm simply saying that some people feel that way while I don't. That's it.

Also, just because you don't get your fill of eggs the *very first day* in no way means you will never get them at all. These are permanent. They will always be here. And even if people do try to charge ridiculous things for them in trading, the numbers will most likely even out after all the hype goes down and they will be easier to find, and easier to trade for. I personally don't understand the idea that if someone doesn't get them the first day it will be totally impossible for them to ever get one, because that's actually *never* been true in this game (among normal non-holiday releases)... Even Coppers, which basically vanished for a long while after their release, eventually evened out and became easier to get. Sure, it might be frustrating or annoying to have to wait longer, but this idea that they'll just be completely unobtainable after the initial release is simply not true at all, with *any* breed we have ever had.

edit: @angelicdragonpuppy Oh I completely agree about the true-rare ratios. I've mentioned before that I've only *seen* two CB Golds in the biomes the entire time I've been playing... That's a bit ridiculous. I'm hoping the new Market will help people who simply don't have the time or ability to catch that kind of thing. However, we have absolutely no idea if these new releases will be rare, or uncommon, or even common... It seems like almost every release we have comes with people worrying that they might be super-rare later. It seems kind of presumptuous to try to figure out rarity when an egg has been dropping for less then 24 hours.

Edited by HeatherMarie

So i'm confused. I understand that there was a glitch that dropped eggs that weren't supposed to be released yet and that they were swapped for the currently being released eggs from the biome that people got them from.

I have 4 each of the glassy volcano eggs and every biome musty eggs. Am I right in thinking I was not affected by the glitch? Because I don't remember any eggs having "gusty" or "windy" in its description.

1 minute ago, Vampyre said:

So i'm confused. I understand that there was a glitch that dropped eggs that weren't supposed to be released yet and that they were swapped for the currently being released eggs from the biome that people got them from.

I have 4 each of the glassy volcano eggs and every biome musty eggs. Am I right in thinking I was not affected by the glitch? Because I don't remember any eggs having "gusty" or "windy" in its description.

If you never got a blue egg from the Alpine area, then you're fine.

2 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

If you never got a blue egg from the Alpine area, then you're fine.

Thanks I think I'm safe lol. I never hunt new releases in Alpine unless that's their only biome due to EVERYONE camping that biome.

@angelicdragonpuppy To be honest, reason I'm concerned is I know about the new releases must be secret thing and have no idea how TJ'll apply it here. That, and we've seen an artist's sprites be unusable because even if they weren't tracing, sketches were public. And now people have put a gif with the glitch-released egg in their sigs....

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

Despite all my sick eggs being hidden, they still died... Including 2 of my 3 red dragon eggs and 2 new eggs...

6 minutes ago, Motoko said:

Despite all my sick eggs being hidden, they still died... Including 2 of my 3 red dragon eggs and 2 new eggs...

Sorry about your eggs. :(  You have to be careful about when you first put your eggs in click sites, especially during a new release.  I've learned to wait until my eggs are a minimum of 12 hours old, longer for a new release, before I put them in the click sites.  Seeing the notice about view bombing, I put the eggs I caught during the first hour or two of the release in the click sites only a couple of hours ago when they were at 6 days, 5-6 hours to hatch and I'll monitor them closely for sickness.  And I can always use the White dragon's "ward" BSA if I think they are close to getting sick.

11 minutes ago, Motoko said:

Yeah, that's a *lot* of views for a brand-new egg. Brand-new eggs can get sick with 200-300 views sometimes, so with those stats it's not surprising yours died. I hope you can replace them!

11 minutes ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

@angelicdragonpuppy To be honest, reason I'm concerned is I know about the new releases must be secret thing and have no idea how TJ'll apply it here. That, and we've seen an artist's sprites be unusable because even if they weren't tracing, sketches were public. And now people have put a gif with the glitch-released egg in their sigs....

I don't think TJ would do that for this one, it's just and egg, no contract was likely breached, and everyone liked the egg so why waste a perfectly good release that already struck a chord with the site?

And I for one honestly don't care if the surprise is ruined, surprise is a one time thing and most of the time is not worth much (certainly not worth throwing away perfectly good content), it's like sprinkles on ice cream: a little bit fun but not at all necessary.

I wouldn't even mind if they showed the adults right away instead of the hatching and growing and let us decide if we actually want any before we grab them.