TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

Just got back home after more than a week long vacation and managed to snag 3 of the new blue eggs.

Edited by casprrr
typo

Well even with the glitch (surprised me when mine flipped) this was one of my better hunts. Thank you TJ and Spriters for an awesome release. I really appreciate ya'll doing this for us

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Honestly I think DC does need some readjusting with rare ratios. In so many ways, DC is a pick-up-and-go game, a few minutes a day sort of game. For working stiffs like me, there's simply no reasonable way to justify spending a hundred plus hours staring at cave biomes hoping 1) a Gold will drop and 2) I will be the lucky kid to catch it. It's like watching paint dry! :E 

At least you know the paint WILL dry.  I've never seen a CB gold or silver in the cave.  I have seen coppers but never fast enough to snap them.  😅

57 minutes ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

@angelicdragonpuppy To be honest, reason I'm concerned is I know about the new releases must be secret thing and have no idea how TJ'll apply it here. That, and we've seen an artist's sprites be unusable because even if they weren't tracing, sketches were public. And now people have put a gif with the glitch-released egg in their sigs....

Only special releases are truly secret. This sprite was already public on the Completed List in the past. I really doubt a dragon would be scrapped because of a silly mishap like this.

Yeah, we've had releases in the past where people knew about them and or recognized them from the completed list.  The alt nebula adults were spoiled before they were even supposed to be out.  I remember the creators being really put out about it.  But it has never stoped the release of a dragon.

1 hour ago, DuskOfTheStars said:

@angelicdragonpuppy To be honest, reason I'm concerned is I know about the new releases must be secret thing and have no idea how TJ'll apply it here. That, and we've seen an artist's sprites be unusable because even if they weren't tracing, sketches were public. And now people have put a gif with the glitch-released egg in their sigs....

While the secrecy thing is still true of holiday releases, quite a few released dragons have come from the completed list and already been known about. The Blusangs were really well known and generated a lot of excitement at release, and I recognized a few that came out myself, the gorgeous Freckles most recent. So shouldn’t be a problem for non-holidays. :) (and for the release you mentioned, one of the artists had also stolen artwork before, including right here in dragon requests, so unfortunately there were other issues going on with that debacle... >___< )

@HeatherMarie oh yah haha, most new release fears are overrated. Still I understand why some are nervous every release, since presumably SOMEDAY we’ll get more rares and then we hit the aforementioned issues XD)

@cbussiere wait wait, these new releases have been recognized as from DR? I don’t recognize them, bah XD

@teresadurfin point, haha! Honestly I often think seeing a gold and missing is worse than not seeing... XD

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

3 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@cbussiere wait wait, these new releases have been recognized as from DR? I don’t recognize them, bah XD

Not sure about the official two, but several people mentioned recognizing the "gust" egg.

19 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

At least you know the paint WILL dry.  I've never seen a CB gold or silver in the cave.  I have seen coppers but never fast enough to snap them.  😅

Got a CB silver a few months ago. it was sitting in a biome for a whole MINUTE and no one snatched it. Guess they must be so rare, no one remembered what the description said, hah! (Not kidding lol)

I think the release today and in general are fine. It really doesn't take much to check on a site every 5 minutes and snatch an egg. 

Got three of the Glassy Eggs and just nabbed my first Musky in the 11:00 PM drop in the Jungle... Gonna take some time to get that second Musky, sadly.

Edit: Ugh... I looked at my Glassy Eggs and got one with a TERRIBLE CODE that has "cumy" in it. XP Anyone want to trade for it once I can trade it?

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

i wasn't home when the drop started all the way up until about an hour ago.  I'm somewhat glad I missed the kerfuffle. 

BUT, it has made the musty egg impossible irritatingly difficult to find in the cave tonight. Oh well.

Edited by Grandmother_cathie

Yea, I got one, though I feel that the hour ones have a better shot at you getting a Musky than the five minute drops.

...And scratch that because I just got my SECOND Musky Egg from a five minute drop from the Jungle! I actually clicked on the biome, saw the egg, and went on before realizing what it was, clicking back, and managing to grab the egg! Tried for a second one there, but denied! XD Still, I'm happy SOMEONE else got them a Musky egg, and now, I have breeding pairs (as well as one extra of the Glassy Eggs for trading/gifting and another Glassy Egg for freezing later) for both of the new eggs, I'm gonna fill up my remaining two slots with other eggs I want!

Happy hunting for everyone else!

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

Of course lucky me was working an 11hr shift when the new release happened! The glassy eggs aren't too bad, but the muskies... Urg, PITA to find!

14 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Awww.  No more Gusties?  :(

Now I have an extra musty egg that I don't know what to do with.

enough people are looking for one (including me lol) that you could probably get a trade for it easy. 

5 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

enough people are looking for one (including me lol) that you could probably get a trade for it easy. 

Yes, that's true.  But my teleport BSA is on cooldown for a few days, so it'll be a while before I can transfer it to someone else.  And there aren't any eggs I'd be interested in getting in exchange.

5 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

Is anyone else seeing nothing but eggs on their scroll..?

Uh, no? You mean like hatchlings and adults are showing as eggs? Nope, mine are showing normally.

4 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

Is anyone else seeing nothing but eggs on their scroll..?

If you mean that my fogged eggs are the only "images" loading then yes? My adults are all just their codes and when I click on the adult to go to the page its a broken image. My badges also won't load.

Just now, Natevaelle said:

@PaintdGryphon This is what I see: 

Reveal hidden contents

479849974_ScreenShot2018-07-02at12_13_42PM.png.bc30182e8a53b01e160b144834f791fe.png

629496030_ScreenShot2018-07-02at12_14_04PM.png.6f7f3f108207bb7341ba490579bc3c2e.png

thats pretty much what I see except my eggs are all fogged and I have no hatchies lol.

What is this about wind eggs? Is it the new breed everyone has been talking about? Still available? What's it description?! Any pictures of the egg? 

Edit: Wind or gusty eggs?

Edited by KiraLwolf

1 minute ago, KiraLwolf said:

What is this about wind eggs? Is it the new breed everyone has been talking about? Still available? What's it description?! Any pictures of the egg? 

They were a mistake, not supposed to be released, no longer available. TJ's post about it is pinned at the top of this thread.

1 minute ago, KiraLwolf said:

It is supposedly a breed that wasn't ready to be released yet that somehow got glitched into the release. TJ caught it and all of the eggs of this breed that were caught are now Musty eggs (the dark ones from this release) as they were the only eggs that should have been dropping in alpine, the biome the glitched eggs were dropping in. No need to panic trying to catch one. They'll probably come out in a later release :3

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

They were a mistake, not supposed to be released, no longer available. TJ's post about it is pinned at the top of this thread.

1 minute ago, Vampyre said:

It is supposedly a breed that wasn't ready to be released yet that somehow got glitched into the release. TJ caught it and all of the eggs of this breed that were caught are now Musty eggs (the dark ones from this release) as they were the only eggs that should have been dropping in alpine, the biome the glitched eggs were dropping in. No need to panic trying to catch one. They'll probably come out in a later release :3

Thank you! I came back in a panic thinking I missed out and skimmed his post thinking I missed out. 

For the people who caught them, does it mean they get to keep them?