TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Has anyone actually bought an egg from the Market yet? I know some of the super-commons are cheap enough to already be affordable... I'm curious if there is a confirmation pop-up or something? I'd hate to accidentally click the wrong 'buy' button!

Yes there is a confirmation page before you complete the purchase. One miss-click won't accidentally waste your money. :) 

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Has anyone actually bought an egg from the Market yet? I know some of the super-commons are cheap enough to already be affordable... I'm curious if there is a confirmation pop-up or something? I'd hate to accidentally click the wrong 'buy' button!

If you click 'buy', you get a confirmation page, with the egg and the cost on it, and another 'buy' button. If you click that, you buy the egg. :)

Edit: the egg's location is listed as 'Market', in case you're curious. :)

Edited by MessengerDragon

26 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Copper isn't in the market because it has different sprites based on the biome.  (all dragons with biome based sprites are currently not in the market.)  Ie: zues 

I'd noticed that some dragons that have different sprites are listed, such as the gemshards and the lunar heralds, but I hadn't realized that it was specifically the biome-based ones that are missing. Except...the two-headed lindwyrm is one of the eggs in the Market, and that's biome-based. I don't know if you get a random color or get a choice between the two for that.

In any case, I'm hoping that the Market will soon include Coppers and the other biome-based eggs - otherwise that's going to make them even harder to get!

Also TJ has said in the past that it’s either an all or nothing deal, so when he decides it’s time to update a sprite, that’s kind of it.

1 minute ago, Peregryn said:

I'd noticed that some dragons that have different sprites are listed, such as the gemshards and the lunar heralds, but I hadn't realized that it was specifically the biome-based ones that are missing. Except...the two-headed lindwyrm is one of the eggs in the Market, and that's biome-based. I don't know if you get a random color or get a choice between the two for that.

In any case, I'm hoping that the Market will soon include Coppers and the other biome-based eggs - otherwise that's going to make them even harder to get!

PLEASE let Zyumorphs be added. Those are so hard to come by. 😧

Oh man I really shouldn't be looking at that new trading page when I'm egglocked! Found something I want soooo much, and have what's asked for, but I'm locked with the new releases... Uggghhh. 

(Thanks @Stromboli and @MessengerDragon for the quick answers!)

edit: Okay I've hit my 'need bed now' time. Night everyone, THANK YOU to everyone who made these updates possible!

Edited by HeatherMarie

I am so excited for the yellow & black egg (Forest). I'm hoping, with fingers crossed & bated breath, that it will look fabulous with the Caligenes :D

I like all the other eggs, too, but the yellow & black one is giving me hope!

the new seasonals are absolutely gorgeous! since i currently have 0 on my scroll, i guess i know one of my goals over the next year. :D

18 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

When did you view them? Anything caught or viewed before the Encyclopedia was implemented doesn't count. Also it's not enough to just see them on the scroll, you have to click on them and go to their view page (and actually sometimes it doesn't 'take' unless you go to their lineage page and then click them from there).

edit: @Orchi'dea I don't think that's true, I know I've unlocked a few adults before unlocking their hatchie sprites.

I'm pretty sure that those dinos predate the Encyclopedia. But the only way I've ever been able to unlock anything is by catching and hatching it myself; I've checked the Encyclopedia helpers thread, and it didn't help me unlock anything new.

For instance, this chicken egg here: https://dragcave.net/view/ugMjD

...definitely not too old, since it's still egg. But clicking on it does nothing for me, it's still marked as 'breed not unlocked' on the market, and not clickable in my Encyclopedia either. Ah well, this is getting off-topic, I should probably ask about it elsewhere.

To get back on track... Redesigns? Never been a fan of those; but except for the hatchlings, these don't look  too different.

Though something about the adult red rubs me the wrong way. ...the tiny lower jaw, I think?

Edited by Genjar

17 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

edit: @Orchi'dea I don't think that's true, I know I've unlocked a few adults before unlocking their hatchie sprites.

Perhaps. It never worked for me the other way, I could click all the adults in the world and nothing would progress. *shrugs*

4 minutes ago, Orchi'dea said:

Perhaps. It never worked for me the other way, I could click all the adults in the world and nothing would progress. *shrugs*

I don't care too much about unlocking all of my entries, so I have no idea how exactly this happened, but this is what my AoD entry looks like:

pT2DQrl.png

It's definitely possible to unlock them out of order. I know I have more like this but I've been relatively inactive for the longest time so they would take a while to find.

Actually, it probably happened because I clicked on my one adult all the time to check if his description had been approved yet.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

By the way, is anyone else missing Copper Dragon in the market? I can't seem to find it there.

Edited by Genjar

Just now, Genjar said:

By the way, is anyone else missing Copper Dragon in the market? I definitely have it unlocked in the Encyclopedia, but can't see it there.

Apparently biome-specific eggs aren't in the market, and that includes coppers.

oh wow wow wow !! The market is here, amazing update on seasonals and reds, in game currency, notifications... This is so great!

I've been playing dragon cave for 8 years already and I don't feel them!
Happy Birthday DC and THANK YOU to all people involved in keeping it alive.

Wow, what an exciting release! Really looking forward to all these new dragons, especially the coast and alpine. I bet they'll all be awesome. Haven't seen any of the updated sprites except for adult Red, so I'll definitely have to go check out the rest.

Super hopeful for the new market and trading system! I'm one of those that likes to try and complete my collection without much trading, so this will hopefully help me out. Came back from a years long hiatus last year, so some of the new dragons are definitely difficult xD Aeon wyverns and golds, here I come!

Haven't had a chance to catch any newbies yet, but can I just say, EVERYTHING about this post is wonderful ❤️ I cannot put into words how much I love the concept of the market - especially for people who play routinely but have bad connections/catching luck. Saving for a rare under this system is just pure hard work, and while it might still take forever, at least the reward at the end is guaranteed. Five stars all round. (I vaguely prefer the original seasonals, but that's probably because I'm resistant to change. The new ones are lovely, and I'll get used to their sharper, brighter colours.)

Someone mentioned that the weekly limit doesn't seem to work.

Seems true. My son bred all of his dragons, and he now has total of 523g, with 423g earned out of 100g weekly limit.

...either the cap isn't working, or we have some kind of backlog of extra points to be gained from the weeks that we've already played.

I do hope that biome-based variants might one day make themselves available on the marketplace, but in the meantime I am thrilled that I can potentially get female Hellfires to continue that Hellfire x Green Copper lineage I wanted. ^_^ Also, love the new sprite updates. Reds weren't too bad before, but the seasonals definitely weren't to my liking before now. Looking forward to playing around with the pretty new sprites in the near future~ 

I had a wishlist of things I was hoping would be implemented for DC's 12th birthday and they were all added to the site! I'm so excited! :D These changes are amazing and I can't wait to start poking around in a bit more detail. Happy birthday DC and thank you TJ!