TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

The biome's clearing in under a minute right now. If you're not there refreshing right at the five minute mark, you'll probably miss 'em! ;)

Might slow down later in the week, since the 2 CB limit is in effect for these breeds. 

Either my browser has hiccups or this thread got cleaned a bit - are people hiding posts ?

I NEED CB 09s.....

I HOPE they will get easier later, like the Hollies did at Christmas.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

11 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Either my browser has hiccups or this thread got cleaned a bit - are people hiding posts ?

I NEED CB 09s.....

I HOPE they will get easier later, like the Hollies did at Christmas.

It's calmed down a lot.  You and me both with the 09's! (and another Sweetling!)

I just keep staring at these two Fire Gem eggs, willing them to hatch sooner then they want to so I can resume the hunt for CBs.

Edited by Dorchet

I need two Valentine 09's.   I sincerely hope tomorrow brings longer drops.

Okay spam clicked the first hour drop and got my fill of Arsani and Radiant Angel. Now just trying to cherry pick out Heartseekers and Stealers. Not really concerned right now as I have an egg in the er that has to hatch first before I can get the last of the 4 I need. Not seeing many of the breeds I need in the biomes though?

If i can give my 2 cents about ALT sweetlings as well i would like to say how i would have personally handled it:

In my opinion creating "elites" of people having a sprite that nobody else could have in a game based on COLLECTING is unfair. Simply and honest thought.

Of course Spiters deserve recognition for their work, therefore i may still see the ALT holidays as a viable thing.

CB ALT Blacks, CB ALT vines and CB ALT Undines, and even the Black Sweetlings... no. simply no. I'm not saying i dislike the aesthetic of them (quite the opposite), but they truly create more bad than good.

If I would have an issue like that, aka a large number of users in my game that complains about not being able to collect a specific sprite, i would have found a solution to give a chance to everyone, which to me it is more fair. Here is my plan, feel free to comment it or not, it is just my 2 cents, as i said. I can honestly say to have seen how this game works for about 8 years by now and I even know in advance the names of the people who will dislike my plan. The user i'm interested this message arrives to it is not them, it is TJ, who has the rightful final word in anything concerning his own game.

1) People who had troubles in 2010 would have been rewarded with a special trophy icon that nobody else could have, like a different color sprite of this year valentine's event or even an extra permanent egg slot. Their restricted number wouldn't have caused so many overpower collecting issues.

2) Give Sweetling a BSA just like Aegis Dragon. This would allow people who want it pink to have it pink, black to have it black. You could even collect both as CB sprites. Free form of collecting and playing which truly hurts nobody. If you still want to keep ALT black sweetling as a rare thing you could even think about a failing rate of this BSA with a very long cooldown time just like Summon is.

3) On a final note: if everybody is free to turn their Sweetling to black, then black version loses value = less people want to turn them black = they still remain fairly uncommon. 

I am really curious to know how many enraged Aegis there are VS how many Pacified Aegis. I bet there is even number of both types. Because people like to collect BOTH sprites and create BOTH types of lineage, so they can have a CHOICE about how to play. This plan of mine allows everyone to continue their lineages, while the initial owners are still being mentioned and recognized for the very big and terrible tragedy that happened 8 YEARS AGO.

Just this.

12 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

1) People who had troubles in 2010 would have been rewarded with a special trophy icon that nobody else could have, like a different color sprite of this year valentine's event or even an extra permanent egg slot. Their restricted number wouldn't have caused so many overpower collecting issues.

2) Give Sweetling a BSA just like Aegis Dragon. This would allow people who want it pink to have it pink, black to have it black. You could even collect both as CB sprites. Free form of collecting and playing which truly hurts nobody. If you still want to keep ALT black sweetling as a rare thing you could even think about a failing rate of this BSA with a very long cooldown time just like Summon is.

3) On a final note: if everybody is free to turn their Sweetling to black, then black version loses value = less people want to turn them black = they still remain fairly uncommon. 

I am really curious to know how many enraged Aegis there are VS how many Pacified Aegis. I bet there is even number of both types. Because people like to collect BOTH sprites and create BOTH types of lineage, so they can have a CHOICE about how to play. This plan of mine allows everyone to continue their lineages, while the initial owners are still being mentioned and recognized for the very big and terrible tragedy that happened 8 YEARS AGO.

Personally.... I think that this sounds like a very good solution.

Thank you. I thought of the BSA idea because it wouldn't involve releasing eggs into the cave. I am glad someone understood my reasoning.

2 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I am really curious to know how many enraged Aegis there are VS how many Pacified Aegis. I bet there is even number of both types.

Oh, please, oh please, can we bet real money on this? Because I'm 99% sure that there are far less Enraged Aegises out there than Pacified.

1. Most of the userbase doesn't use the forum or doesn't use it much, meaning,

2. There's a large number of users out there who don't even know there is a BSA on a holiday dragon.

3. There's a distinct lack of people willing to trade/breed Enraged Ageises, both during and after the holiday.

Cold, hard cash. Let's do this! ;)

On the drama regarding the alt Sweets. I missed having my own by a few minutes. Black and red are more my thing than bright pink...and yet IDGAF that I cant have the alts? Does it really matter that much? You do realize that, fake as Galsreim may be, it is still populated and run by people who are from the real world...you know...the world where crap just aint fair? 

I mean is it fair that I won a bronze shimmer the FIRST monthly raffle? Maybe...after all I had the same chance as everyone. Is it fair that some people have won two (or maybe even more times) when I havent and when other people havent even won once? NO...but nun y'all complaining about THAT. No you just have to whine because of a few hundred or so "alt" sweetlings that you probably joined YEARS too late to have even had the chance to get. Yet here I am, someone who legit missed Alt Sweets by MINUTES, and IDGAF that I dont have them? Yeah they are cool, yeah I'd love to have them. Frankly? Im just happy I got 2 CB Sweetlings. 

If TJ was to ever implement a wider distribution I would hope that they would be a VERY RARE outcome from BRED Sweetlings...like a super rare alt black/vine/Undine. I wouldnt want new users to be able to get CB alt Sweets as having an alt Sweet CB would be the recognition  for having been hit by the glitch. Also by rare i mean like super rare...like if alt blacks were at a 1:5 ratio the alt sweets would be like 1:15. 

Anyways I got my fill of the 4 breeds I was missing from 2012-2015 :3 This last hour drop seemed to have more Heartstealers and Heartseekers in it thank heavens :D

So now just time to wait, then incubate and stick in the hatchery so they hatch in enough time for me to hunt a few bred guys/CB rares to hatch before Valentines day :3

33 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

1) Then others would be upset about not getting that trophy or upset about others having that extra egg slot

2) The BSA needs a dead egg on the scroll to be enraged then turns back I DO NOT want my Black Alt Sweetling  turning another color

Also then everyone should have a spriters alt, a prize dragon, etc to be fair to all. 

@Vampyre ..Good for you?

I also missed them by only a few minutes, and I am /not/ okay with it. There also are people complaining about people winning the raffle more than once. Not sure where you've been.

But point is, just because you are 'fine' with it doesn't mean most people are, nor does it mean their feelings should be disregarded.

@Merlot The Aegis doesn't turn back unless you use the BSA again (so I doubt the sweetling would with a similar BSA).

13 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

On the drama regarding the alt Sweets. I missed having my own by a few minutes. Black and red are more my thing than bright pink...and yet IDGAF that I cant have the alts? Does it really matter that much? You do realize that, fake as Galsreim may be, it is still populated and run by people who are from the real world...you know...the world where crap just aint fair? 

I mean is it fair that I won a bronze shimmer the FIRST monthly raffle? Maybe...after all I had the same chance as everyone. Is it fair that some people have won two (or maybe even more times) when I havent and when other people havent even won once? NO...but nun y'all complaining about THAT. No you just have to whine because of a few hundred or so "alt" sweetlings that you probably joined YEARS too late to have even had the chance to get. Yet here I am, someone who legit missed Alt Sweets by MINUTES, and IDGAF that I dont have them? Yeah they are cool, yeah I'd love to have them. Frankly? Im just happy I got 2 CB Sweetlings. 

If TJ was to ever implement a wider distribution I would hope that they would be a VERY RARE outcome from BRED Sweetlings...like a super rare alt black/vine/Undine. I wouldnt want new users to be able to get CB alt Sweets as having an alt Sweet CB would be the recognition  for having been hit by the glitch. Also by rare i mean like super rare...like if alt blacks were at a 1:5 ratio the alt sweets would be like 1:15. 

Anyways I got my fill of the 4 breeds I was missing from 2012-2015 :3 This last hour drop seemed to have more Heartstealers and Heartseekers in it thank heavens :D

So now just time to wait, then incubate and stick in the hatchery so they hatch in enough time for me to hunt a few bred guys/CB rares to hatch before Valentines day :3

I'm glad YDGAF about this. I personally do. Matters of opinions i guess.

Don't get me wrong, i'm super happy to have the chance even just to collect CB sweetlings and other old CBs. But we get through this because a reasonable admin was careful and open to listen to the 16236562 topics made about this thing.

I just don't see why this particular old glitch in 2010 had the drastic solution of giving out exclusive dragons. It never happened after that singular holiday,. even if i believe there were other occasions when the site was slow to run or had some weird glitches quite comparable to that. The all "recognition  for having been hit by the glitch" it is a justification that i can understand, and it is is not something i completely dismissed. I indeed proposed alternative ways of "recognition" that doesn't involve being advantaged with an unique spriter.

On a side note, I am glad you are happy to see unfair stuff in game if that satisfies you. Apparently I just have enough of the real life unfairness and just want to relax and challenge myself in more funny ways when i'm on the pc. I don't find it unreasonable.

1) Then others would be upset about not getting that trophy or upset about others having that extra egg slot

2) The BSA needs a dead egg on the scroll to be enraged then turns back I DO NOT want my Black Alt Sweetling  turning another color

Also then everyone should have a spriters alt, a prize dragon, etc to be fair to all. 

1) they would still be a minority, plus this wouldn't affect the game as having an UNIQUE sprite. it is a big change, a big advantage, but it is restricted and still gives values and importance to those "loosing" their privilege. That's why i find it fair.

2) the Aegis BSA was just an example. U don't need only a dead egg, you must also click on ENRAGE to make it turn... it would depends on what YOU want,, no forcing for anybody.

ehmmm... where did I said Spriters ALT should be given to anyone? don't read stuff wrong: I said it is right to recognize their work with something unique.

Prize dragon? yes. Everybody has a chance to win if they enter the monthly raffle. I'm fine with that, it IS equal and fair. Even if it will take 45 years to get all of them CB male and female I am fine with it because at least i have a chance.

Edited by Naruhina_94

7 minutes ago, Merlot said:

As a non alt Sweet owner I agree whole heartedly with this. People always want what they want under the guise of "fairness" but I bet if they have a CB prize and you suggested giving every user a CB Prize for "fairness" they'd whine and complain that their 2G prizes wouldnt be worth as much and that its not a good idea yada yada.

BTW, while we're talking about not liking pink all that much, when are we going to see a new "dark" Valentine dragon? This year? Next? Look how much everyone loves (and waaaaaants) the Black Sweetlings - clearly there's a large market out there for a new Black Valentine. Something to think about TJ and the Spriters(tm).

While I'm BTWing, I think it should be pointed out that the Dragon Cave and these Forums are not a democracy. TJ occasionally gives us the illusion of democracy, but the reality is that you can make your arguments and then the chips fall wherever TJ wants them to fall. It is a game, but games are played in real life. And there are many people on the internet who think the internet is the wild west where anything goes when, in reality, you are beholden to a site/provider/server's terms of service.

I think it's great that everyone is laying out their ideas about the things that bother them. But remember, if you want real control over the game, you need to go make your own version of it. The game is only as fair as the people running it want to be fair. Shouting into the wind over and over again isn't going to get you your way.

But that's just facts combined with almost 10 years of observation. Ta.

Edited by stardust13

3 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

As a non alt Sweet owner I agree whole heartedly with this. People always want what they want under the guise of "fairness" but I bet if they have a CB prize and you suggested giving every user a CB Prize for "fairness" they'd whine and complain that their 2G prizes wouldnt be worth as much and that its not a good idea yada yada.

You'd be surprised how many people who own a CB Prize want them available to everyone. Just let people have the choice what sprites they want on their scrolls. Slap a BSA on the Sweetlings to make them pink or black and let the people chose. Whoever doesn't want one version of the sprite doesn't have to have it, but everyone can have the sprite they prefer. Why is that so horrible? Why is fairness a bad thing?

Spriter's alts are a recognition for outstanding contribution to the site, that's something else than the black Sweetlings altogether. I am not thrilled they exist, but I think those at least are deserved.

8 minutes ago, stardust13 said:

But that's just facts combined with almost 10 years of observation. Ta.

Well after 10 years of observation a wise site owner listens to the fair and doable suggestions made. I don't see it as screaming to the wind since we HAD results which improved the game and were well received. We had clock time on cave, Precognition and Heal BSA, relasing of old holidays CB, returning of old pink and frilled dragons... 

It is not screaming to the wind if it produces results. I can honestly say this game is improving with the screaming so.... it is all about TJ deciding what to follow and what to ignore, but oh, I already said that. 4 posts ago.

You'd be surprised how many people who own a CB Prize want them available to everyone. Just let people have the choice what sprites they want on their scrolls. Slap a BSA on the Sweetlings to make them pink or black and let the people chose. Whoever doesn't want one version of the sprite doesn't have to have it, but everyone can have the sprite they prefer. Why is that so horrible? Why is fairness a bad thing?

Spriter's alts are a recognition for outstanding contribution to the site, that's something else than the black Sweetlings altogether. I am not thrilled they exist, but I think those at least are deserved.

Completely agree on this. Plus I think I read someone of Black Sweetling owners who wanted the Pink version aswell XD So I belive it would simply come as an advantage to both sides on the long run.

Edited by Naruhina_94

2 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

Completely agree on this. Plus I think I read someone of Black Sweetling owners who wanted the Pink version aswell XD So I belive it would simply come as an advantage to both sides on the long run.

Well, black Sweetling owners can now get pink Sweetlings on their scroll. Just those with pink Sweetlings can't get the black ones. 

1 minute ago, Shroomlet said:

Well, black Sweetling owners can now get pink Sweetlings on their scroll. Just those with pink Sweetlings can't get the black ones. 

Can they also have them CB?

More dark colored Valentines please. I’m quite tired of pink, pinkish-red, and red.

More variety please. At least Halloween dragons have some variety color wise.