TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

Um can someone explain what all of that means to me, as someone with an alt sweetling who doesn't want pinks? What do I do to avoid getting pinks?

3 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

Um can someone explain what all of that means to me, as someone with an alt sweetling who doesn't want pinks? What do I do to avoid getting pinks?

Don't collect new CBs (after releasing any CB of yours) and don't grab eggs from pink Sweetling father.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

4 minutes ago, BlueSkyy said:

look for sweetlings with alt parents. It can be any gen, providing the sweetling that produced the egg is alt - I spoke to TJ about that last night.

Edited by Starscream

8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I assume they were. But I have not seen 6 at one time. I WISH !

Well, as I said, I've seen about that many drop with that many seconds to catch them.  As in near impossible.  Taken me six hours to catch one Sweetling.

So since I froze one of my Sweets as a baby back when they first came out, thinking there would only ever be 2 per scroll, I'm still stuck with a non-productive alt sweet?

Thank you for bringing back the old Valentines.  I missed the Arsani one entirely and released a one of my sweetlings and '09 Valentines when the limits were changed so I am eager to replace those and get the missing one. 

Looking forward to the event and the new dragon!

For the time being, I'll be hunting in the Valentine biome, there are so many Valentines I've missed.

Boy, but do they go fast! :blink:

dang do I wish unfreezing, could be a thing for those holiday eggs grabbed and frozen for scroll completeness in the days of "Only Two Ever," particularly with this new Alt Sweetling behavior.

Like, wasn't a way made available to reset rejections after Rare/Rare rejections were done away with? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Also, trying to understand the cases for the new sweetling behavior... is it:

Alt owner who grabs new sweetling from cave - Pink

Alt owner who grabs new sweetling from pink father - Pink

Alt owner who grabs new sweetling from alt father - Alt

Anyone else who grabs any kind of sweetling - Pink

Does the old rule of 'Alts that leave an alt-coded scroll stop being alts' also remain in effect? ETA: I'm assuming TJ's note of "no wider distribution" means this is the case.

Alternately, will sweetlings from alt fathers hatched on non-alt scrolls stay pink if returned to an alt scroll?

Edited by Stromboli

*does lot of reading to catch up again*

While I'd rather have them be two separate species, I could get behind an aegis-like BSA for changing their colors.

Something needs to be done, and what was done last night is the opposite of what anyone really wanted.

3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

*does lot of reading to catch up again*

While I'd rather have them be two separate species, I could get behind an aegis-like BSA for changing their colors.

Something needs to be done, and what was done last night is the opposite of what anyone really wanted.

@TJ09 did state wider distribution will not happen.

2 minutes ago, Starscream said:

That does not matter to me. If there is enough push-back, then one day it will. People need to realize that and make their voices heard.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

2 minutes ago, Starscream said:

TJ has been known to change his mind. It is my hope that this will be the case again.

I caught my first Sweetling! *snuggles egg*  One more, and I'll be done hunting and can focus on breeding stuff!

It doesn't help that most users don't even use the forums. It's hard to get a general consensus on the matter.

Got one CB Val 09. Still need another, and forgot I need an Aransi too (would need more, but I'm not releasing my old frozens).

Thank you for giving me a chance to get the older CB Valentines I missed TJ! <3

As for the drama surrounding the alt sweets. Meh. :P I'm far too laid back these days to care about something so simple as a differently colored dragon being rare because only certain folks got it. I didn't win a CB Prize when they first came out, and just cause they're available now as monthly chances doesn't mean I'll win one anyway.

Its just a game and folks really need to mellow out and stop stressing over pixels. You're not doing yourselves or your bodies any favors by stressing out over the small things. XD

ok 2 questions cause maybe not enough coffee for the brain cells yet lol

1) My ALT sweetlings cb's that I have will stay black correct?

2) If I breed my Alt Sweetling will the egg stay pink or change to black?

1 minute ago, Merlot said:

ok 2 questions cause maybe not enough coffee for the brain cells yet lol

1) My ALT sweetlings cb's that I have will stay black correct?

2) If I breed my Alt Sweetling will the egg stay pink or change to black?

Yes, and if you breed them, depends on the scroll they land on. If you breed an alt, and it lands on another alt scroll, it says black, if it lands on a pink scroll, it's pink (like before).

If you pick up an egg from a pink parent, they will now become pink.

Years ago when I first started, I wondered if TJ was actually a sociologist, and this whole place was just an experiment about human behavior.  I still wonder sometimes... :D 

10 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Yes, and if you breed them, depends on the scroll they land on. If you breed an alt, and it lands on another alt scroll, it says black, if it lands on a pink scroll, it's pink (like before).

If you pick up an egg from a pink parent, they will now become pink.

Thank you so much lol not enough coffee so you helped a great deal

That's what I get for being egglocked all the time..

It's basically me wishing any of my eggs would hatch so I can get a Val egg, but my only Red is on cooldown and the other hatchie is growing, so it's me just sitting there with a Radiant egg and wishing they'd hatch.

Excited for this year's Valentine! :D

12 minutes ago, Brekke said:

Years ago when I first started, I wondered if TJ was actually a sociologist, and this whole place was just an experiment about human behavior.  I still wonder sometimes... :D 

Oh my goodness, I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING all day.

Illuminati confirmed?

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Brekke said:

It would be a highly unethical one, considering that a lot of the userbase are minors and none gave consent to be in an experiment. I don't know why people think this would reflect well on the person they're talking about.

1 minute ago, Guillotine said:

I don't know why people think this would reflect well on the person they're talking about.

I know--it's just a funny thought.

Edited by Brekke

I havent seen a single egg in the Valentines biome? Must be my luck XD