TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

@Naruhina_94 Yes, they can, as long as they don't already have 2 CB, black and pink together.

Edited by Fiona

Just now, Naruhina_94 said:

Can they also have them CB?

Yes, if they release their CBs (or one of them, so they have one of each). They, too, have a limit of two CBs total.

5 minutes ago, Fiona said:

Yes, they can, as long as they don't already have 2 CB, black and pink together.

Yes, if they release their CBs (or one of them, so they have one of each). They, too, have a limit of two CBs total.

OH WOW. Thank you for clearing it up for me. Talking about fairness... coff coff

Can I repeat my thoughts about it? I would still like to hear more about other's opinion and my previous post was quite on the bottom. Sorry, if this causes any trouble I will remove it.

That's what I would have done:

1) People who had troubles in 2010 would have been rewarded with a special trophy icon that nobody else could have, like a different color sprite of this year valentine's event or even an extra permanent egg slot. Their restricted number wouldn't have caused so many overpower collecting issues.

2) Give Sweetling a BSA just like Aegis Dragon. This would allow people who want it pink to have it pink, black to have it black. You could even collect both as CB sprites. Free form of collecting and playing which truly hurts nobody. If you still want to keep ALT black sweetling as a rare thing you could even think about a failing rate of this BSA with a very long cooldown time just like Summon is.

3) On a final note: if everybody is free to turn their Sweetling to black, then black version loses value = less people want to turn them black = they still remain fairly uncommon. 

I think it would be cute if the BSA would have been called something like: "Swap" and it would have been available only after succesfully breeding an egg, as opposite to the Aegis' Enrage of killing one XD

Edited by Naruhina_94

I'm already seeing sick and *dead* eggs in the hatcheries. People, be careful with new eggs! Watch for sickness!

Just got home and am scrambling to figure out what I need to do at the moment.

People just add them the minute they are breed. I still don’t know why people do that. Got be your eggs a day at least before adding to hatcheries, lol.

At this point I'll back almost any solution, but it we get a BSA, I'd liked to see the CB limit raised to 4. I have chosen to keep both of my Aegis's pacified so I can create gen 3 checkers. Having only one of a kind of CB holiday is rather limiting, I say as someone who's had only one of a lot of the ones that were released before breed limits were lifted *looks at poor frozens*. There's also the concern that a bunch of people will turn Sweetlings that are part of long lineages, ruining them.

I would have liked to see Sweets and Alts be a separate breed, much like the Luminas and Dark Luminas, so they count separate for limits.. but they can still breed each other.

@Naruhina_94 I absolutely disagree with your number 1 "solution". Giving an extra egg slot is a huge advantage and would be totally out of proportion to the injury sustained. Giving a trophy that no one else can have makes no sense. Trophies then weren't really used that way. I would say that what would have made the most sense back then was simply refunding the eggs lost to the glitch. No special sprite as an apology was needed. However, that ship sailed 8 years ago.

2. solution is not a bad idea. Someone suggested it triggers if there's a recent refusal on your scroll. That would probably work ok. Getting the option to swap simply from breeding an egg is too little work for too much reward. You might as well in that case just make it free.

12 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

OH WOW. Thank you for clearing it up for me. Talking about fairness... coff coff

Can I repeat my thoughts about it? I would still like to hear more about other's opinion nad my previous post was quite on the bottom. Sorry if this causes any trouble.

1) People who had troubles in 2010 would have been rewarded with a special trophy icon that nobody else could have, like a different color sprite of this year valentine's event or even an extra permanent egg slot. Their restricted number wouldn't have caused so many overpower collecting issues.

2) Give Sweetling a BSA just like Aegis Dragon. This would allow people who want it pink to have it pink, black to have it black. You could even collect both as CB sprites. Free form of collecting and playing which truly hurts nobody. If you still want to keep ALT black sweetling as a rare thing you could even think about a failing rate of this BSA with a very long cooldown time just like Summon is.

3) On a final note: if everybody is free to turn their Sweetling to black, then black version loses value = less people want to turn them black = they still remain fairly uncommon. 

I think it would be cute if the BSA would have been called something like: "Swap" and it would have been available only after succesfully breeding an egg, as opposite to the Aegis' Enrage of killing one XD

1) I personally feel like an extra egg slot is maybe too much of an advantage... But I do like the idea of a special trophy icon, it doesn't have to be this year's, it could even be an extra one

Edit: but actually now that I think about it, is there really a need for compensation overall? Please do not get me wrong, I understand that it was horrible to have lost the eggs during the original event, but it was a real while ago at this point... And the people affected did have an advantage of being able to make unique lineages for 8 years now. It is the same as with Hollies - those who were lucky enough to catch them during the original release(and I heard that was all sorts of glitching as well) didn't really get anything special or extra with the re-release. They had a pretty major advantage for a while and now they just have their CB Hollies same as everyone else and that's not that big of a deal for them as far as I am aware(or perhaps I was lucky enough to not see that). But if something is needed, I guess a trophy icon is the way to go as it doesn't give anyone actual in-game advantage(which is the whole point of fairness here ;) )

2) Again, I really really am for this idea. Though I don't really think it is necessary for the BSA to have a failing rate, but it does depend on what the BSA is related to of course. Kind of skipping a bit ahead here - I loved the Honeymoon&Heartbreak names and I think it made a lot of sense if you just consider the dragons and what the in-game reasoning for the BSA could be. I was the one who offered it to be related to refusal(to Alt) and successful breeding(to turn it back to pink) so I am a bit biased here hehe. 

3) That is true. I also think less people might want to turn them black in general, especially if the 2 CBs limit stays around for a while... There seem to be far less Enraged Aegides out there than the normal version(for a lot of reasons) and I haven't seen the 2g from Enraged ones being worth more than the ones from the "normal" ones. 

In general I am not really sure if Alt Sweetlings really need to continue to be rare at all... I mean there is a lot of talk on how to make that a thing, but does it actually need to be true? 

Edited by ArielGrint

I'd be happy if a bred Black Sweetling would STAY black (& breed true) on my Pink scroll :) ... but that would probably cause trading DRAMA! Don't need a CB Black Sweetling (wouldn't want to lose either of my CB Pink Sweetlings!).

27 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

There's also the concern that a bunch of people will turn Sweetlings that are part of long lineages, ruining them.

This would probably be my main concern about implementing the BSA “swap” solution as a potential solution for getting both sprites.

Edited by Kigyptnee

5 minutes ago, JaneMcAsh said:

I'd be happy if a bred Black Sweetling would STAY black (& breed true) on my Pink scroll :) ... but that would probably cause trading DRAMA! Don't need a CB Black Sweetling (wouldn't want to lose either of my CB Pink Sweetlings!).

LOL yeah Hubby has Pink and I have Black and we love ours just the way they are

25 minutes ago, Naruhina_94 said:

I definitely think it's a fantastic idea. I'd love even more for them to be treated as separate but related breeds like the Luminas, but you know what? We talked earlier in the thread about Sweetlings sharing the Aegis' mechanic and I think it would work just dandy. 

Sidenote: Why are other users always so quick to accuse parties who want to see certain equitable changes made of being "selfish" or "entitled" or any number of things? Is it seriously the worst thing ever for me to wish I could catch or breed an Alt of my own? Is it so horrific that I have concerns about the dwindling CB Alt population and wanted to see even random players get alts in the same vein as Snow Angels, even if I don't? Is it not just as "selfish" and "entitled" (neither of which are appropriate terms for either side, by the way) to demand that the status quo remain and get angry at those who argue for a fair game?

And at the end of the day, who would it hurt if Alt Sweetlings got a widespread release? Absolutely no one.

3 minutes ago, JaneMcAsh said:

I'd likely get behind htat idea -  but then the likely hood -  well what sort of chance is there for them to get an unobtainable value? they breed only once a year, and they produce between 1 - 4 but people migth consider them as money  makers. I retired my pair about two years ago, but its possible.

11 minutes ago, LibbyLishly said:

And at the end of the day, who would it hurt if Alt Sweetlings got a widespread release? Absolutely no one.

It 'hurts' the current users who have alt sweets because some of them consider them special and unique and don't want them to be available to everyone because then they lose value. Not that I agree with that view, just answering the question.

edit: Yeeessss found a beautifully messy Arsani in the AP! I'm now locked for the next 5 hours.

Edited by HeatherMarie

13 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It 'hurts' the current users who have alt sweets because some of them consider them special and unique and don't want them to be available to everyone because then they lose value. Not that I agree with that view, just answering the question.

My PERSONAL opinion is that that isn't really a "hurt" because it doesn't take away their actual dragons or breeding ability, just gives other people a chance to have what they've enjoyed for years, but I recognize that not everyone holds the same opinion.

Personally I’m just grateful TJ gave us a chance to catch CBs from the past. He didn’t have to do that and it’s awesome of him to do so. I think we shouldn’t be complaining or nitpicking. 

2 minutes ago, Mak0 said:

Personally I’m just grateful TJ gave us a chance to catch CBs from the past. He didn’t have to do that and it’s awesome of him to do so. I think we shouldn’t be complaining or nitpicking. 

I can't really applaud that, because that's something that should have happened years ago when the overall breed limit was lifted.

I appreciate it now, but it's way late.

I'm absolutely so, so grateful for the return of the old CBs as well, despite personally not caring about CBs. I love it because it gives me the chance to get something valuable so that I can trade for the things I do want. And I love seeing others excited about getting ones they missed.

My personal view is that TJ doesn't owe us anything at all. This is his game, he's the one that puts so much time and effort and money into making it available for us. I definitely have strong opinions about certain things being unfair (ie, Prizes), and I really really hope some day those things change. But TJ can do whatever he wants with this site, honestly, and I'm just very thankful for the stuff he *has* done. In general there are a *lot* of things that users have wanted over the years that he has listened to and obliged (Teleport, Ward, returning CB holidays, returning raffles, groups, etc etc etc).

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I can't really applaud that, because that's something that should have happened years ago when the overall breed limit was lifted.

I appreciate it now, but it's way late.

I’m sure you don’t mean it this way but when you say ‘should’ it sounds like we’re all entitled to receive certain things from this game or that TJ is obligated to make certain changes. I just don’t feel this way.

Now this next part isn’t directed to you, just an add on. I’ve been playing since 2009 with brakes in between so I missed some holiday dragons. And I was fine with that, I was more than content to hunt in the AP for 2nd gens. So the fact that TJ did this kindness for us is not something that I will complain about in any way for risk of it not happening in the future. I can’t and won’t speak for TJ, of course, but I, myself, would become rather annoyed by all this. It just comes off to me as ungrateful. But that’s my opinion and I’m sure many won’t agree with it but you can’t please everyone, as this all so clearly demonstrates.

This is straight up prioritizing alt-owners over the userbase as a whole, though. Either nobody gets to have both, or everyone does. The current set up is unfair to anyone who doesn't have black Sweetlings.

@HeatherMarie and @Mak0 I think the idea that he doesn't owe us anything goes out the window when he can charge people money for ad-removal subscriptions, and accept donations. And if the merchandise sales are still a thing. I think the least that could be done is consulting the users on their thoughts before making reckless actions.

Also I am not a fan of exclusivity or 'seniority' bonuses where certain users will permanently be above others for being in the right place at the right time. Not giving everyone access to the same things is showing special treatment to the 'old' members.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

But there is absolutely no obligation to pay or donate in any way. The only way I would see those things as leading to TJ 'owing' us something would be if we *had* to pay in order to play. If we had to give money in order to play the game, then sure I'd expect to get things out of it. But that's not how it is. No one is forced to pay anything at all. Some users donate because they love the site and want to help it grow. Some users pay for ad removal because it's a convenience that they can afford. They choose to do it, it really has nothing to do with game-play itself, so I certainly don't see those things as meaning TJ 'owes' those people anything. 

@Dragon_Arbock even with donations and ad-removal subscriptions he still doesn't owe us anything. You pay for ad removal and you get it, you pay for a donation and you do that knowing you are to get nothing in return. There's nothing to be 'owed' to a player in either circumstance other than removal of advertisements if they paid for it.

I don't think alt owners should be able to have a CB of each color. Bred Pink Sweetlings...okay, still not fair to the other side, but that isn't quite as bad. CB Sweetlings should alt on those scrolls automatically, because that's how they were initially coded. Those players are given an advantage over everyone else...for what? Being in the right place almost a decade ago? I'm not so much upset about not having access to the alt Sweets myself, but the fact that I can already tell this is going to end horribly. Just look at the other exclusive dragons: CB Prizes (utter chaos, burned scrolls, discrimination) and upside down Mints (threw the trade market off balance for weeks and led to hostility).  There are already so few alt owners remaining.

I'm happy that the alt owners can continue to breed their original Sweetlings. I would never want to take that away from them, not after all of these years. But it isn't okay to just ignore those of us with pink Sweetlings and say "but apology dragon." I have seen several alt owners say that they want the Sweetlings to breed true on all scrolls, instead of being exclusive to them along with those owning the regular sprite. This is just repeating the mistake that happened in 2010.