TJ09

2018-02-08 - Valentine's Event Schedule

2 minutes ago, Shroomlet said:

Oh, it was not to mean the Sweetling you wish to turn has to have a refusal, but any pair on your scroll, and that a refual in a certain time-window would unlock a specific BSA for all Sweetling allowing you to turn them Black, just like with the Aegis.

And well, plenty of people don't want to kill to turn their Aegis - and that's their choice and that's fine.

In such case it's ok. As long as it's not the Sweetling that has to refuse/get refused directly it should be a very neat mechanic then.

4 minutes ago, PieMaster said:

Ah, yes, because taking away something people have had for eight years is obviously the most fair thing to do.

The Sweetling-problem has built up so much frustration over the years, it's understandable that people are up in arms about it by now, but we should try and keep this calm.

That being said, no, just taking them away now with everything people have built involving them would be just as wrong. We should really try and focus on solutions allowing everyone to get access to all sprites on the site - apart from Spriter's Alts maybe, who are a deserved trophy for exceptional contributions to the game. Black Sweetlings are pretty and they should stay around.

Edited by Shroomlet

Just now, MhKhu said:

In such case it's ok. As long as it's not the Sweetling that has to refuse/get refused directly it should be a very neat mechanic then.

Yes, I am sorry if my original explanation caused any confusion about that! I just meant that the Sweetling would be heartbroken for the other two unlucky lovers :) But of course if the Sweetling gets refused then it should be able to use the BSA as well

I didn't even know about the Sweetling Drama up until now ... maybe because I entered the cave in 2011 and wasn't present during their release.

Frankly? I don't really care if I can't have a black Sweetling. I also can't have a Snow Angel with pure gold or white-and-gold wings, bohoo, big deal.

What would annoy me much more would be making black Sweetlings tradeable. I would never ever get one because I am not one of the lucky (or skilled in terms of spriting and havon spriter's alts) DC members with anything to offer ...

So just keep it the way that I can't get them so I don't have to worry about trading for one ...

Edited by Gluria

3 minutes ago, ArielGrint said:

Yes, I am sorry if my original explanation caused any confusion about that! I just meant that the Sweetling would be heartbroken for the other two unlucky lovers :) But of course if the Sweetling gets refused then it should be able to use the BSA as well

I would actually really, REALLY like the idea of being able to change them back and forth? Much like Aegis?

At way, if someone WANTS the alt sweets they can have em and if not then... not!

19 minutes ago, Shroomlet said:

Oh, it was not to mean the Sweetling you wish to turn has to have a refusal, but any pair on your scroll, and that a refual in a certain time-window would unlock a specific BSA for all Sweetling allowing you to turn them Black, just like with the Aegis.

And well, plenty of people don't want to kill to turn their Aegis - and that's their choice and that's fine.

I actually like this idea. Whether Sweetlings breed true, a BSA is introduced, or we are all allowed to grab a CB set of the color we don't have, something needs to happen. I do agree that alt owners should be able to keep their Sweetlings, but they were a mistake in the first place. Don't make that mistake even worse than it already is. There is no reason why certain users should have two sets of sprites just for being in the right place at the right time. Just the alts I can understand. But both? And refusing to treat the other side equally, so their lineages also survive? Come on. I'm sorry, but it doesn't seem like this decision was really thought out. I'm kind of disappointed in this community right now.

And this isn't a "waaaaa I want it" situation, like some people have put it. It's forming another exclusive group. Why can't both groups just have equal access to the sprites? It's not fair to punish the rest of us with pink Sweets for doing nothing. Personally, I wish the alts had just never existed. It was so foolish to introduce them in the first place, just like every other exclusive sprite this site has seen.

I think I'm going to step away from this for now. This discussion is approaching a toxic point.

Edited by The Dragoness

2 hours ago, ArielGrint said:

However, I do feel like it is unfair to punish people for not being on DC long enough.

Not being able to have everything that those who came before you have is not punishment.  It's life.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This thread needs splittingl It would be nice to talk about THIS year's event and the sweetling thing could go in the thread where it has already been being discussed to death. I realise the change was announced as part of this year's event, but even so - it is leaving this thread with nothing but negativity.

Agreed, splitting the thread would be very helpful. 

14 minutes ago, Gluria said:

I didn't even know about the Sweetling Drama up until now ... maybe because I entered the cave in 2011 and wasn't present during their release.

Frankly? I don't really care if I can't have a black Sweetling. I also can't have a Snow Angel with pure gold or white-and-gold wings, bohoo, big deal.

What would annoy me much more would be making black Sweetlings tradeable. I would never ever get one because I am not one of the lucky (or skilled in terms of spriting and havon spriter's alts) DC members with anything to offer ...

So just keep it the way that I can't get them so I don't have to worry about trading for one ...

I wasn't present during the release, either. And since I live in a different time-zone and releases start at the dead of night for me, I never ever would have even had the chance to get the alt version, even if I had been present.

I prefer the black Sprite, always have. Will I die without it? No. But I don't see the point why a small group of random users gets to have both versions now and the rest only one.

Would it be so bad if we all could choose what versions of the sprite we want each of our Sweetlings to have?

And if they breed true and thus are tradeable as black or pink, you could still just pick them up from the AP and not have to trade for them. Nothing to lose here, really.

Not gonna lie, I love the black ones myself. And I have few pink ones with the alt's in the line. If anything I'd love to be able to try to breed an alt myself from the ones that have the blacks within the line.

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

Still think the event part (the game) should start when breeding starts. I didn't play 2017 Christmas event because I lacked the interest in it, and I'm guessing the same will apply here. I will partake in the evnt long enough to get the badge but after that, not really interested.

A bit curious why Halloween doesn't go with the new trend of Valentines and Christmas, since it seems to be insisted that those two have to have their events start when the new CB breeds drop. I much prefer what Halloween does, event wise.

I hesitate to jump into the Alt Sweetling debate, but it appears that TJ has just royally screwed up in an attempt to "fix" something that was not really broken in the first place. If it needed fixed it should have been done 7 years ago, not now!

I wish the hourly drops would last longer than 30 seconds, still no luck with getting any of the CB Valentines I need. I know I have all week to get them but it would be easier to get them now because I'll be working all week.

Does anyone have any predictions about this year's event? I'm personally hoping for puzzle game like Mana Alchemy or the 2017 Christmas event.

4 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Does anyone have any predictions about this year's event? I'm personally hoping for puzzle game like Mana Alchemy or the 2017 Christmas event.

EXCELLENT Question!

I wonder, too.

Ona lighter note... anybody ELSE notice how PROLIFIC the Arsani seem to have been this year?

Their ggs seem to be totally DOMINATING the AP. XD

Edited by JavaTigress

4 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Since Halloween 2017, I've been wanting a Valentines and Christmas event as easy, cute and fun as that one.

10 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

Ona lighter note... anybody ELSE notice how PROLIFIC the Arsani seem to have been this year?

Their ggs seem to be totally DOMINATING the AP. XD

Oh my goodness right? The silly little snoots mess with my eyes when they're all Arsani XD 

What is up with all the AP Arsanis? When I went to bed they were dominating the AP, and now nine hours later they still are. Are there that many more Arsanis around to breed then others? ..... Aaaand I just completely missed the :20 drop while typing that, dang.

4 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Aaaand I just completely missed the :20 drop while typing that, dang.

I wouldn't worry.  Impossible to catch anything.

2 minutes ago, quinney said:

I wouldn't worry.  Impossible to catch anything.

Glad to know I am not the only one having no luck. 

So many Arsanis, lol. But that seems to be the most common breed every Valentines, so no surprises there.

1 hour ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Not being able to have everything that those who came before you have is not punishment.  It's life.

This is a game. Not life.

We know life is unfair. We're reminded every day in the news, the stories around us, the disparities of income and circumstance and health. Most of us play games to ESCAPE the bitter realities of the world, not embrace them.

There is a big difference between handing out things on a silver platter (which obviously ruins games) and making things available. "Lol it's life, deal with it" is a very poor argument against. If it's possible to make games fairer than the harshness of life, why not do so?

Anyhoo, my own thoughts on the Alt Sweetling thing are that unless the spriter is deadset against it for some reason, I'd like to see them available to everyone. Quoting myself from the cave feedback thread:

I'm glad that the Alt Sweetling owners can finally enjoy Pinks, but it does feel kinda... shorthanded to let them now have 4 CB Sweetlings while everyone else goes without. I understand Alt Sweetlings were a thing that happened way, way back in DC's history that TJ would probably rather move on from, but just like Prizes they happened, they're there, and they're here to stay. If Kila was dead set on not letting them spread further than I could grudgingly understand (though I'd beg reconsidering), but otherwise... why? What's the harm in passing more around? Again, trying not to sound like a greedy child, but it really does seem normal Pink owners are getting the short end of the stick here. >___<

Edit: Looks like I was in error; alt sweet owners can't get four sweets. Would still like to see alt sweets brought back for everyone, though.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy