TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Hopefully people will keep their eggs and hatchies fogged till this is figured out. That is the best deterrent to viewbombing.

I had no idea I didn't have any CBs of the Ribbon Dancers... Guess those and Hollies are what I'll be searching for

Getting kind of stressed because I really want pretty Holiday checker lineages but I'm also missing all CB Holidays except Yulebucks. First world problems.

The ratios really need to be fixed.

There should be more cb hollies than any other given how few of them are, but it's factoring in all the bred ones. Instead, the most recent dragons are blocking the cave since there's 'less' of them due to not many having been bred.

As a result, the cave now sits with the same few eggs, and no one is even ABLE to get them to unblock the cave since we're restricted.

Is there some way to factor in the number of active accounts, double it, then subtract the total number of that breed? Maybe add about 50 in case people suddenly become active again? That should fix it.

Even if there was a formal post on the forum addressing the problem, not everyone has a forum account. So the best way right now is to spread the word ourselves, in IRC, Discord, tell your DC friends, etc. :)

PSA:

If you lose a CB Holiday egg through sickness, it will not count toward your scroll limit of 2 Holidays, nor are you required to wait 24hrs in order to re-attempt catching more.

Fog eggs, hide your scroll name or hide your scroll altogether before leaving for an extended time. It's sad that this needs to be done, but if it saves you hours trying to re-catch the eggs, it's worth trying.

1 minute ago, Feesh said:

Even if there was a formal post on the forum addressing the problem, not everyone has a forum account. So the best way right now is to spread the word ourselves, in IRC, Discord, tell your DC friends, etc. :)

You don't need a forum account to view a news post- and what makes you think the people would have Discord and IRC?

4 minutes ago, zaverxi said:

There should be more cb hollies than any other given how few of them are, but it's factoring in all the bred ones. Instead, the most recent dragons are blocking the cave since there's 'less' of them due to not many having been bred.

As a result, the cave now sits with the same few eggs, and no one is even ABLE to get them to unblock the cave since we're restricted.

Is there some way to factor in the number of active accounts, double it, then subtract the total number of that breed? Maybe add about 50 in case people suddenly become active again? That should fix it.

I think it's less about ratios and more about how people literally can't take recent eggs because they're at their limit. Whereas a lot of older players who have the older cb holidays have been dropping off. 

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

You don't need a forum account to view a news post- and what makes you think the people would have Discord and IRC?

I never said people had to have discord or irc, it was just examples of ways to spread the word. You could accomplish the same means by texting/messaging your dc friends through other mediums. Some people don't even know the forums exist. 

Edited by Feesh

Just now, Feesh said:

I never said people had to have discord or irc, it was just examples of ways to spread the word. You could accomplish the same means by texting/messaging your dc friends through other mediums. Some people don't even know the forums exist. 

I don't have friends who play DC- I'm talking about the people who only play on the main site- they can see news posts. They get plastered right up on the front page.

2 minutes ago, Feesh said:

It would at least go on the front page of Dragon Cave itself. I would think most people who play on this site at least pass through the main page once or twice a day.
(Ninja'd)

Edited by DorkJulian

Just now, DorkJulian said:

It would at least go on the front page of Dragon Cave itself. I would think most people who play on this site at least pass through the main page once or twice a day.

Well i personally don't look at the front page at all lol. I get most of my news from other people. It all depends on how you play though. 

Been offline overnight. I hid my eggs for safety and wanted to put them in Silvi's Lair this morning but the site is down. It was working last night. Does anyone know if it has been caught up in the whole mess that was happening with the viewbombing or is it just a glitch?

1 minute ago, Feesh said:

Well i personally don't look at the front page at all lol. I get most of my news from other people. It all depends on how you play though. 

How do you access the biomes if you don't go on the main page? It's impossible to not unless you type the urls manually.

@FullMoonDreams No idea. I know EATW is down, so maybe the bombers moved onto overloading others.

I rarely ever notice the News section of the front page of the site admittedly. I only really look over at it when a holiday is coming up. I'm so bad.

3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

How do you access the biomes if you don't go on the main page? It's impossible to not unless you type the urls manually.

@FullMoonDreams No idea. I know EATW is down, so maybe the bombers moved onto overloading others.

I access the biomes on the main page, I don't look at the news section because i go directly to the forums site for that. Just like Nyxity lol

Welp, I'm breaking a trade link so I can fog my CB Holly while I sleep. Sometimes I wish the human body didn't require sleep, lol. Good luck to everyone trying to keep their draggies safe!

6 minutes ago, Feesh said:

3 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

I rarely ever notice the News section of the front page of the site admittedly. I only really look over at it when a holiday is coming up. I'm so bad.

It'd still be something to let people know. But alternatively, could something be put at the top of a page? Maybe the scroll/dragons page? Or the color of the text in the link on the main page changed to red to show it's urgency? Just a thought. ^_^ 

Who knows. TJ seems to work in mysterious ways. I've questioned at times if he is a human. I figure he is...

Yep, Snow dragons inevitably would be the main blockers. *shrugs* Nothing we can do about it, unfortunately

Edited by Condorflight

15 minutes ago, zaverxi said:

Yes this! I only need hollies, but can't see them because the cave is blocked by snows.

Poor Snows. I get the feeling I'm going to be screwed when I try to get Yulebucks.

This makes me just hope I can get that one Snow Angel on Thursday, then I will be good on CB Christmas (especially since I don't like Hollies or Yulebuck's).

Snows blocking is another thing that's been coming up. Okay, I get why we have limits this year, but next year, those limits should probably be raised or very few people will be able to grab anything from the holiday biome.

Just now, Condorflight said:

This makes me just hope I can get that one Snow Angel on Thursday, then I will be good on CB Christmas (especially since I don't like Hollies or Yulebuck's).

I don't 'like' so much either, but completion purposes command me to.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock