TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

5 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I figure only Hollies and maybe Yules should have been limited. Anything else shouldn't be in as high demand to still make it fair. Oh well, next year is only 364 days away.

Eh, I guess with me limits are just part of the tradition. (Y'know, Halloween doesn't have limits because the holiday kind of supports being 'greedy' while the other holidays are more about giving.) If given the chance, I would probably hoard snows, they're gorgeous. 

But hey, if we're gonna continue the holiday biome thing, maybe the old traditions have to be re-evaluated. I have room for a snow hoard.

Edited by DorkJulian
grammar

DC didn't have as much blood back then either, though. With the passing of years, new blood comes along.

1 minute ago, pikammd said:

It appears the site is down. I wonder for how long? 

useually 5-10min, not long.

6 minutes ago, Feesh said:

That's only speaking from a current perspective. Hollies and yules weren't that rare when they were the only xmas dragons around. 

Of course they weren't, but the number of users has grown a lot from then, and old users have left, so now they are rare. After this year, almost everyone will end up on equal footing, and the CBs of each breed should almost be in proportion.

Then, next year, all gloves should be off, with no limits (I can dream).

@DorkJulian I would probably horde Solstice, but Valentines Sweetlings would be my overall limit-removed goal.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Will try Silvi's Lair again later.

Still after my last Holly. Dread to think how hard it would be with no limits and the fast catchers grabbing them all. Hoping I can try again on my phone today. Had better luck on that than on the PC.

yes! finally got my 2 angels, yulebucks, and hollies. i am out of the hunting game. till the newest egg arrives. =]

Just now, Laurelin said:

All of my grabbed and  eggs are died of overviews. I´m too frustrated to try today again. Perhaps tomorrow.

as soon as you catch them, hide them. i wont be unhideing mine till they reach the 3 day mark to hatch. then put them immediately back into hiding till they can turn into adults.

Edited by reddof-f6

^ Congrats. I still await until I must return to the cruel swarm that infects the Holiday Biome...

2 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

yes! finally got my 2 angels, yulebucks, and hollies. i am out of the hunting game. till the newest egg arrives. =]

as soon as you catch them, hide them. i wont be unhideing mine till they reach the 3 day mark to hatch. then put them immediately back into hiding till they can turn into adults.

Yeah. I think I will do it so in the next days. For today I´m way too sad to try again. Thank for your nice answer.

ayyy got my 2 CB hollies~ Albeit, over 27 hours later since I completely forgot about Dragcave, lel.

8 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Of course they weren't, but the number of users has grown a lot from then, and old users have left, so now they are rare. After this year, almost everyone will end up on equal footing, and the CBs of each breed should almost be in proportion.

Then, next year, all gloves should be off, with no limits (I can dream).

It would be nice to have no limits, but wouldn't that make it harder to catch certain things as more and more people hoard? Also, I doubt limits will change because they're rooted in the seasons' spirits of giving and taking, which seems as important as DC lore.

@Feesh The Halloween rerelease went pretty well, despite no limits. Ultimately, no limits makes things like lineages easier, and gifting, ironically, easier too. When you can only get two, well.. you can't exactly help anyone else.

I'm not sure what to say about the 'lore' aspect, but as far as my real life Christmas situation goes, it's not that deep and spirited.

Just now, Feesh said:

It would be nice to have no limits, but wouldn't that make it harder to catch certain things as more and more people hoard? Also, I doubt limits will change because they're rooted in the seasons' spirits of giving and taking, which seems as important as DC lore.

depends how big the limit. even then, the holloween biome showed it handled fine with no limits.

i feel having 4 CB is the perfect limit. makes a breeding pair set and keeps the limit still pretty low.

also, mite make it easier for people to gift a pair. catch 2 for themselves and then people can give 2 extra eggs away. instead of only grabbing for themselves or gifting and making a mad grab scramble for last minute.

Just now, reddof-f6 said:

depends how big the limit. even then, the holloween biome showed it handled fine with no limits.

i feel having 4 CB is the perfect limit. makes a breeding pair set and keeps the limit still pretty low.

also, mite make it easier for people to gift a pair. catch 2 for themselves and then people can give 2 extra eggs away. instead of only grabbing for themselves or gifting and making a mad grab scramble for last minute.

If we must have limits, 4 would be lovely. At least then I could also have a set of 2, and my old frozens as well.

^ Yeah, that'd be cool. That would actually be a perfect number for a holiday family for sprite collectors. Two same sex parents with a child and a baby.

Well, 4 would be nice to have a set of both pacified and enraged Aegises as well.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

2 minutes ago, Nyxity said:

^ Yeah, that'd be cool. That would actually be a perfect number for a holiday family for sprite collectors. Two same sex parents with a child and a baby.

well you can have 4 CB adults, then have bred frozen hatchlings/ unlimited bred adult holidays's.

I´m thankful for the holiday biome to get a chance to get the dragon I missed in 2008 but honestly, the special feeling is away. To catch a dragon that is unique and never come back.

But perhaps these are thoughts of an old DC user who is a lil bit crazy. ;-.)

Edited by Laurelin

8 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

Well, halloween dragons were unlimited from the start. No one ever wished for a CB pumpkin as a prize, IIRC, so we can't compare them to a CB Holly. Hence all the craziness for Hollies.

I am so thankful that past Christmas dragons are available as caveborn. I for one like that there are limits to Christmas and Valentines eggs. That makes them more special to me, and it makes the Halloween ones special because they are unlimited, if that makes sense. I like that no one can hoard Christmas and Valentines dragons (as cb).

As for the whole viewbombing garbage, how utterly awful! I cannot imagine someone being that miserable as to hurt people you don't even know. I hope that everyone that was affected by viewbombing is able to get new eggs.

Merry Christmas to you all <3