TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Just now, Cthulu said:

I am also having the same problem when trying to get a 2nd Yulebuck or 2nd SnowAngel.  I have gone through the dragons and hatchlings on my scroll, and I only have 1 (one) Caveborn of either of those.  I don’t know what to do.

...if you already have 1 CB of each of those, and you just caught a CB egg, you can't get anymore.

8 minutes ago, Cthulu said:

I am also having the same problem when trying to get a 2nd Yulebuck or 2nd SnowAngel.  I have gone through the dragons and hatchlings on my scroll, and I only have 1 (one) Caveborn of either of those.  I don’t know what to do.

are any of your hatchligns CB? The limits count frozen CB hatchlings

3 hours ago, PointOfOrigin said:

Thank you for the offer :D those lines seem to be the problem mainly because they are all female holly checkers, so finding mates for them is gonna be kinda hardish XD

A reverse checker mate would work, though. ^.^

1 minute ago, Sirithiliel said:

are any of your hatchligns CB? The limits count frozen CB hatchlings

No, I only have one Caveborn of each.  All of the other dragons and hatchlings all have a link to their lineages, so I assume that means they are not Caveborn.

Trying to snag just 1 CB Holly is like pulling teeth... I keep missing....

Edit: And as I check the XX:10 drop, I actually manage to snag one!!! 

Edited by Surreal SaDiablo

Looks like hunting is getting a little easier, good luck to everyone still out there searching for their Holidays!

There's  nothing like having a Holly or Yulebuck egg show up where you are clicking and it disappears before you can click!

Ah, first world problems.

Bur those snow dragons are looking like cave blockers, sadly.  

Snows would logically become the main blocker of the Holidays biome. The newest and most people have them, or just got them. If only blockers on the Holidays biome could recycle after a few seconds of not being picked up, lol.

4 minutes ago, Condorflight said:

Snows would logically become the main blocker of the Holidays biome. The newest and most people have them, or just got them. If only blockers on the Holidays biome could recycle after a few seconds of not being picked up, lol.

I've already noticed Snows starting to block, at least for a few minutes at a time. Makes me worry :c

Edited by TheDarkLatias

And locked. I'll be spending tomorrow breeding my holiday dragons and then it's back to hunting for a CB holly and second gen snows. Thanks to everyone who has gifted.

Good night, all!

@Laurelin

Those are Holly Dragons! They were the first Christmas dragons. In their original run, only 108 or so were taken from the cave...

They were, and are still, pretty dang rare. Most people don't even have a single CB Holly... so this year is a treat!

Now everyone has a chance to get two~

@TheDarkLatias

Yes, I know, its the only one I miss as a caveborn. In that time I wasn´t on DC. I arrived in 2008 but I was not online on christmas. I´m not sad, I have time to catch one. Its a gift that there is now a holiday biome. I´m pretty thankful. :-)

Edited by Laurelin

@Laurelin

Yup! And even if you're having trouble catching a Holly (like myself and @TheDarkLatias were, there are others here that'll gift eggs as well.

Just don't give up on them, and my best advise is go for the hour drops rather than the five minute ones.

@Cassie_Fenix

Thank you so much for your nice words. :-) I don´t give up. Promised. I whish you and TheDarkLatias good luck with hunting!

(by the way I don´t know why my letters are so big. )

Edited by Laurelin

@Laurelin

No problem! I myself am going to wait until closer to when the new dragon drops before I try again, since this old computer is getting set to die soon (thankfully, my new computer will be active on Thursday), so maybe I'll have better luck then. It worked when I got some CB Pumpkins earlier this year. :)

Also, be careful about when you put them in the hatcheries. I wouldn't put 'em in until they're at least one or two days old to prevent them from getting sick... At least, that's how my strategy has been, and it's worked pretty well so far.

@Cassie_Fenix

I whish you all the best luck with your new computer. I have an old one too (love my guy so I wait until he dies, my dear Mr C.) so I understand. :-)

I lost one egg with a nice lineage cause I didn´t figure out until it was too late. My native speech isn´t english and well, until I use my dictionary and translated it it was to late. I´m really sad and hope the other sick eggs will not die.

@Laurelin

Yea, what's wrong with mine is that its battery is dying, and I don't want to have to spend money to replace the battery because the rest of it's been freaking out as of lately (opening up pages on its own, freezing, and causing the typing to happen as if I was holding down control all the time, to name a few things), so I figured it was best to retire the old one soon.

As for the eggs, I'm sad to hear one died, but what I'd do for the other sick eggs is fog them or use the White Dragons' Ward command on them... or take your scroll off of the site until a bit later on. Because I was gifted a very special egg (the CB Holly), I want to keep it protected as best I can before I put it in a hatchery, even if it takes it longer to hatch and thus, might hold me back when the new eggs get released.

Still no luck on the CB Holly or Yulebuck, but I've managed to snag a Zyumorph I didn't have yet. Sadly, one of my hatchlings got sick and died without my knowledge. :(  I came close to crying when I saw that...I hate it when I lose dragons. Everyone's happily fogged now, and should be safe until it's time for them to hatch or grow up.