TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Everyone's best option is fogging their dragons, be it eggs or hatchies, just fog them.

My hunt for a second Holly is now 12 hours into the hunt. I've clicked hundreds of Holly eggs but I miss every time. I immediately fogged the one I caught earlier in the day, I've been reading lots of posts about viewbombing eggs and I'm NOT risking it.

Please keep yr eggs safe!  There's lots of viewbombing going on!  Ward them, hide them, and don't use hatcheries for a few days.

Don't use Eggs Around the World--it's glitchy, and you may lose eggs.

Dang, I didn't realize there was someone(s) purposefully being jerks and viewbombing the hatcheries. Thanks to seeing the recent posts, I've fogged all my eggies, because I'll be fluffed if I lose these eggs. I missed the last 2 years of Holiday dragons because I was sick, so I got 2 of each, plus managed to snag a very very lucky and precious egg. 

Catching on mobile is easier.  Left thumb on holiday biome link and spam to refresh it. Right thumb to catch eggs. :) But I guess it depends on your data/wifi connection. 

Just now, anetofstars said:

Don't use Eggs Around the World--it's glitchy, and you may lose eggs.

Not glitchy, "just" under attack. Some 500-1000 additional fake users on the auto viewer turning into an mass view bomb.

EATW is diisabled for now, but it's quite possible that now other hatcheries will take the hit instead.

Just keep everything you have fogged, and only unfogg at the 4 day mark. No other chance for now.

are leetle trees available in the holiday section? or are they only in the forest.

are they even obtainable right now?

2 minutes ago, Ext3h said:

Not glitchy, "just" under attack. Some 500-1000 additional fake users on the auto viewer turning into an mass view bomb.

EATW is diisabled for now, but it's quite possible that now other hatcheries will take the hit instead.

Just keep everything you have fogged, and only unfogg at the 4 day mark. No other chance for now.

thanks for keeping us apprised.

I'll probably catch flack for this, but..

A bunch of holiday eggs dying for malicious viewbombing?: No response from the boss

Remove Formatting button not working?: Response from the boss.

I kinda think one is more important than the other right now.

Never heard of a view-bombing attack, but I definitely will take the advice of fogging.  Even though I now see the Winter Magi I found isn't as "special" and rare as I initially thought, I came across a Silver Dragon in the forest; it took me years just to find my first CB silver, and I'm not going to lose my only second CB silver I've ever had, to some digital dragon flu going around.

Thank you for posting @Ext3h, glad to know you are aware of things and it's disabled for now.

I always keep my holiday eggs fogged until ER-time, but I'm a little annoyed that there seems to be actual viewbombing going on (separate from the eatw stuff) because I have a trade pending. I'll have to break the teleport in order to fog the egg before I go to bed in a half hour, that sucks.

My eggs started rapidly accumulating a whole bunch of views as well with an almost 1:1 OV:UV ratio. They also weren't added anywhere. 

Edited by DarkEternity

3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I'll probably catch flack for this, but..

A bunch of holiday eggs dying for malicious viewbombing?: No response from the boss

Remove Formatting button not working?: Response from the boss.

I kinda think one is more important than the other right now.

@TJ09

We can't expect TJ to come rushing immediately whenever there's a problem. He has a life too like the rest of us lol.

He is busy, he has been informed, he will speak up if he feels the need to. do not consider his lack of response as a lack of activity or concern.

Just now, Feesh said:

We can't expect TJ to come rushing immediately whenever there's a problem. He has a life too like the rest of us lol.

Life, yes.. but priorities, please. A minor bug that may exist in the forum software is more important than posting a news post so people know what's going on and to protect themselves?

Just now, Feesh said:

He made a post on another topic 10 minutes ago. Even if he's too busy to try to do something about it (if there is something he can do about it), it would be nice to hear the he's aware of what's going on.

2 minutes ago, Feesh said:

But I posted a minor thing that he was not tagged in, and he posted immediately. People have reason to feel like his priorities are a bit off given that.

e: It wasn't even it's own topic, I was just commiserating over how bad this forum software is.

Edited by Guillotine

1 minute ago, Crystals said:

He made a post on another topic 10 minutes ago. Even if he's too busy to try to do something about it (if there is something he can do about it), it would be nice to hear the he's aware of what's going on.

The mods have informed him multiple time already, like Star has said. 

Okay, three things...

1. I am so so sorry for everyone who has lost their eggs to the viewbombers. This is absolutely terrible. D= I'll be willing to help people if possible once I'm not egg-locked.

2. I am excited for this year's event!

3. Would anyone mind, if it's not too much trouble, telling me what I should do with my eggs? I fogged all my CBs, but I added them to Evina's Draghatch just before that, and I'm not done catching CBs yet because I'd like to have at least one of each if not two. I have to either wait until some of my bred eggs to hatch or abandon a couple before I can catch more. So... Should I leave them fogged in the hatchery and unfog after four or however many days and add them to how many and/or which ones? I'm sorry, and I'm sorry if this is a complicated question. I'm just confused and have never dealt with a viewbombing spree. 

Edited by Loki.Dottir

12 minutes ago, Ext3h said:

EATW is diisabled for now,

Too bad there's no other solution. I always find it difficult to hatch things without EATW. But preventing more things from dying definitely has priority right now, especially since many users probably aren't aware of what's going on.