TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

10 minutes ago, HPhaeton said:

I'm another user who found dead eggs on my scroll this morning. They were pretty AP finds and not my CB Hollies, because I was paranoid enought to fog those, but I'm still sad about it. I hadn't entered my eggs into any hatcheries yet, so it wasn't EATWs fault as people keep suggesting.

:( My entire first batch are dead. Another THREE eggs just died on me. I've hidden them all but somehow they just keep dying.... They were at the last stage of hatching even...

I didn't hide all of my eggs because I had trade and transfer links set up for them. Anything that wasn't locked up like that was hidden and survived.

Oh wow, that's so sad and so strange with all these eggs who have suddenly died. :( I've hidden my eggs, I hope that helps... I got here so happy to finally have got a Holly, but now I'm kinda scared it'll die.

Just now, Caileh said:

Oh wow, that's so sad and so strange with all these eggs who have suddenly died. :( I've hidden my eggs, I hope that helps... I got here so happy to finally have got a Holly, but now I'm kinda scared it'll die.

if their not sick and as long as you keep them hidden till 3 days on both hatching and to adult stages they should be perfectly fine. :)

1 minute ago, reddof-f6 said:

if their not sick and as long as you keep them hidden till 3 days on both hatching and to adult stages they should be perfectly fine. :)

Thanks, that's a relief! :)

Just grabbed more eggs. Hoping these won't die. 
I never thought I could be so stressed and upset about this. 
I've even hidden my scroll.

Just now, KiraLwolf said:

Just grabbed more eggs. Hoping these won't die. 
I never thought I could be so stressed and upset about this. 
I've even hidden my scroll.

make sure to hide the eggs just in case.

Just now, reddof-f6 said:

make sure to hide the eggs just in case.

All done. Still worried though. :(

Just now, KiraLwolf said:

All done. Still worried though. :(

they should be perfectly safe then. once 3 days rolls around you only unhide, submit them to hatchery's, JUST until they hatch then rehide. rinse and repeat till they can turn into adults at next day 3. :D

I've hidden my eggs/hatchie and my scroll but I'm still freaking out something is gonna happen when I finally go to bed.

Just now, Fabula said:

I've hidden my eggs/hatchie and my scroll but I'm still freaking out something is gonna happen when I finally go to bed.

they'll be fine if hidden. =]

as long as they're not sick, or on something like the final minute of egg life.

Don't just hide your eggs. Hide your scroll as well.

@reddof-f6

Thankfully they're not sick, I hid them immediately after catching them, though my Tetra hatchling had been sick earlier it's recovered now.

@Riverwillows

My scroll is hidden right now, through this whole thing anyway.

I just caught my second CB Holly, which means I am all done and happy. Now I just need to safely hatch this current batch and then I still have time to maybe look for some nice lineages before this year's new release.  :)

Edited by Gluria
Typos

Im so sad. With my crapnet on mobile and the stupid snows blocking cave every 5 seconds im never ever going to get a holly. 

First my first batch of eggs die and now this! Im so frustrated I literally just made a fist so tight that my finger nails cut my palm. 

I legit had BETTER luck hunting the freaking original yulebuck drop then I'm having now!?!? That was lag, lag,lag and more lag. My phone is FASTER than the computer I had back then...my internet MORE reliable...and yet the yulepocalypse was easier!?! 

Just wish TJ would set the damn Hollies to flood for even just 2 hours!

While obviously the immediate solution is to hide our scrolls/eggs, what does it mean for us long term? It's ridiculous to have to keep all eggs and hatchlings hidden unless they're hatching, especially when half of the fun (for me anyway) is from viewing our dragons' growth process. If dragon sickness itself can't be fixed or taken away, perhaps we could change the spriting so we can at least see our own fogged eggs and hatchlings. i.e. a small fog symbol in a corner or above the actual dragon's sprite. The fogged eggs/hatchlings could still appear the same way on our scrolls when viewed by others. 

Edited by QueenErica

2 minutes ago, QueenErica said:

While obviously the immediate solution is to hide our scrolls/eggs, what does it mean for us long term? It's ridiculous to have to keep all eggs and hatchlings hidden unless they're hatching, especially when half of the fun (for me anyway) is from viewing our dragons growth process. If dragon sickness itself can't be fixed or taken away, perhaps we could change the spriting so we can at least see our own fogged eggs and hatchlings. I.e. a small fog symbol in a corner or above the actual dragon's sprite. The fogged eggs/hatchlings could still appear the same way on our scrolls when viewed by others. 

It's pretty normal to have a rise in sickness during holiday season, with increased traffic on the site and holiday dragons in general being super fussy about sickness.

I had mine hidden overnight and now they're in one hatchery while I am checking in on them constantly so I can take them down or hide them when necessary.

Everything should return to normal after christmas.

Edited by Gluria

1 minute ago, QueenErica said:

While obviously the immediate solution is to hide our scrolls/eggs, what does it mean for us long term? It's ridiculous to have to keep all eggs and hatchlings hidden unless they're hatching, especially when half of the fun (for me anyway) is from viewing our dragons growth process. If dragon sickness itself can't be fixed or taken away, perhaps we could change the spriting so we can at least see our own fogged eggs and hatchlings. I.e. a small fog symbol in a corner or above the actual dragon's sprite. The fogged eggs/hatchlings could still appear the same way on our scrolls when viewed by others. 

it only happens during the holidays, so its rarely a problem. sickness can be taken away through hiding in time and BSA like ward (prevents sickness and or sickness death for 6 hours).

a nice thing mite be a transparent fog over the egg/ hatch sprite. you can see it, but also shows its well hidden.

23 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Yeah, same =(

Holidays are when we have some of the prettiest eggs and hatchlings, though. So it honestly doesn't matter if it only happens a few times a year; not getting to view some of the site's very best artwork is a waste from any way you look at it. If anything, it happening mainly at holidays is even worse. 

I think it's sad your dragons can even die because of the actions of another person. Especially since people typically are busy at holidays, it's silly to expect everyone to have time to babysit because someone feels like ruining a game. Transparent fog would be an excellent solution if sickness is really necessary to playing. 

Sidenote: I've had EATW almost kill one egg and one hatchling in the past few months, so I don't think this was something accidental. Seems very calculated, like someone was practicing for the holidays.

Edited by QueenErica

3 minutes ago, QueenErica said:

Holidays are when we have some of the prettiest eggs and hatchlings, though. So it honestly doesn't matter if it only happens a few times a year; not getting to view some of the site's very best artwork is a waste from any way you look at it. If anything, it happening mainly at holidays is even worse. 

I think it's sad your dragons can even die because of the actions of another person. 

its not like you never see the art. you get to keep the adults without hideing and can eventually freeze hatchlings to see them the entire time. i get you want to stare at them while growing, but theres not much you can do beside BSA ward them or hide.

slightly transparent fog mite help. every other solution is basically fog in a different vision.

31 minutes ago, Vampyre said:

Yeo, same there. I wish I could grab at least ONE CB Holly. It was my the biggest wish since I has came to DC. I've seen about 10 Hollies for today, but I couldn't catch them. :(( We need more Holly drop.

6 minutes ago, reddof-f6 said:

its not like you never see the art. you get to keep the adults without hideing and can eventually freeze hatchlings to see them the entire time. i get you want to stare at them while growing, but theres not much you can do beside BSA ward them or hide.

slightly transparent fog mite help. every other solution is basically fog in a different vision.

That's what I want though, lol. Literally anything other than just throwing a blanket over eggs and hatchlings as they grow would be a better option. Not wasting a BSA that really only stalls death would be cool too. You shouldn't have to freeze a hatchling to be able to see artwork, especially when chances of having time for all of that is slim.

Looking at the artwork after or on others pages isn't the same, imho. Especially with eggs, which can't be frozen. I get that it doesn't matter to some people, but for me my growing dragons are what I view 90% of the time on the actual website. Adults are permanently available to view and can't die from views so it doesn't really help that I can see them whenever. 

Edited by QueenErica

Someone mentioned it a few posts back, and I actually tried it...

Using an incognito window is actually faster!

I managed to get one of the first Hollies I saw, and I've missed over 20 today.