TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Of course, as an old member of the site, the only thing I need is Hollies and that's the only thing I can't manage to grab. We need a separate biome just for Hollies lol. I'm amazed the other eggs continue to disappear so rapidly. Did not realize how many other members did not have CB xmas dragons from the non-holly years.

EDIT:

Of course, the second I finally "whine" on the forums about it, is when I finally catch my two CB hollie eggs in the very next drop!! XD YAY!!!

Edited by Arwen17

Just now, Arwen17 said:

Of course, as an old member of the site, the only thing I need is Hollies and that's the only thing I can't manage to grab. We need a separate biome just for Hollies lol. I'm amazed the other eggs continue to disappear so rapidly. Did not realize how many other members did not have CB xmas dragons from the non-holly years.

I've been here since December '08, but I was younger then...

So I'm actually missing 2 pairs of 2 other dragons! Yulebucks and Snow Angels, along with 2 Hollies.

Thankfully, someone very sweet and helpful just gifted me 1 Yulebuck/Snow Angel, so now I only need to get one more of each!

Then I can focus on getting those 2 Hollies... I agree, they should have their own biome! Haha!

...does anyone feel bad for the people who asked for CB Hollies in the past as prizes?

I've been here since '08 also, but I didn't join the forums til much later, so I didn't realize/recognize the first few years of holiday eggs. Once my egg slots clear up, I'll still need 2 Hollies, 2 Yulebucks, and 1 Ribbon Dancer from the cave.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkLatias said:

...does anyone feel bad for the people who asked for CB Hollies in the past as prizes?

Only for the ones who picked males, since CB females seem to be special to them

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Only for the ones who picked males, since CB females seem to be special to them

If someone has 2 CB Hollies from this year, can't each be influenced male/female?

i cant grab any egg :(

I see the page show me the following message

You are already at the limit (2) for this breed of dragon!!! 

Error.png

Well darn... that's a bummer! :c

Female Hollies sound really neat... I try to get male/female of everything, like the Mistletoe's.

Shame we can only have 1 CB pair of those, considering males... but I guess that's a bred thing only.

Finally! I have ONE CB of each past Christmas dragons before I joined! Of course that doesn't include a CB Holly, but..not even gonna hold my breath for that one lol Now my babies are safely hidden while I wait until they can go in the hatcheries. ^.^ To which I'm glad I've been following this thread to know about EATW. I wondered why my Tetra hatchie got sick.. -_-

Happy egg hunting everyone! <3

@TheDarkLatias
I've always used EATW, Allure of the Neglected, and DragHatch for hatching my eggs. Aside from occasional downtime I've never had problems like what's going on with EATW right now. But recently I found Silvi's Lair, The Hatching Club and Valley Sherwood as well. Not sure if there's any problems with any of the other hatcheries besides EATW. Just going to have to be super vigilant this season. ;)

@Fabula

I use Silvi's Lair + Allure to make things go faster. Silvi's doesn't get as much traffic as a lot of the bigger hatcheries...

So it + a big one like Allure is usually the perfect amount for me when I get impatient XD

Egg Drop Soup is another good one, I've heard.

I don't always use Silvi's Lair because it loads slowly for me but when I'm impatient I'll run over there with my eggs lol

@Dragon_Arbock Usually I place my eggs in once they're over 24 hours old. Gonna have to be careful this season though I think...especially using incubation.

I have all my Holidays eggs fogged away and incubated already, once they become ER I will toss them in AoND/Solivis/Valley/DragHatch/HatchingClub...once they hatch I will remove them from everywhere and fog them away again

I've gotten paranoid over the years, I've never been deliberately viewbombed (that I've noticed) and the only eggs I routinely have get sick are Zyus and Prizes, but I'm always so worried about the possibility. I never put any of my eggs in any hatcheries until below 5 days, usually below 4 days 12 hours, and any ones that I actually really like/want I'll just wait until they're ER-timed to add them anywhere (and then stay online until they hatch just in case). With any holidays I keep them fogged until ER-status unless I'm trading/gifting. That's probably extreme and not totally needed, but better safe then sorry.

I keep peeking into the AP out of curiosity and then regretting it because I'm locked, lol.

I find I've never had a Prize not get sick right after it hatches (or even when it's in the process of hatching), temperamental things.

Anyway, I've nearly filled up my quota of missed holidays! Just need one CB Yulebuck, one CB Holly, and 2 CB Snow Angels!

No! 
4 of my eggs died from sickness.... I hid them all but somehow they all died! The ones I warded are all safe at least...
Must've been my stupidness for adding them all to many click sites. My day just got worse. :(

6 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

I keep peeking into the AP out of curiosity and then regretting it because I'm locked, lol.

Same. I want to hunt...

I don't think I'll be getting hollies this year, but with any luck I'll collect all the other breeds I need. Already got a pair of Ribbon Dancers, Solstices, and Wrapping Wings, so I'm off to a good start. ^_^ 

While it is really nice to get the chance for Winter Magis, Ribbon Dancers, and Snow Angels as CBs, I can't get into the holiday spirit due to the loss of a Fire Gem hatchie from sickness when she was 4 days old. Sometimes really wish sickness would bug off. :/

Edited by Condorflight

Everytime I see a Holly egg and miss it, a small part of me dies...

10+ have slipped past my fingers ;v;

When I get home it should be better!

How's everyone else's Holly Hunt going?

Still chasing those elusive CB Hollies over here.... At least one, since I'm being gifted one.

And lol, there's a frost wall in the Holidays biome now. :P

Is it just me, or are the Hollies the rarest of the Holiday Dragons in the Holidays biome?

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

1 hour ago, cieloazul said:

i cant grab any egg :(

I see the page show me the following message

You are already at the limit (2) for this breed of dragon!!! 

Error.png

I am also having the same problem when trying to get a 2nd Yulebuck or 2nd SnowAngel.  I have gone through the dragons and hatchlings on my scroll, and I only have 1 (one) Caveborn of either of those.  I don’t know what to do.