TJ09

2017-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

4 minutes ago, Loki.Dottir said:

Okay, three things...

1. I am so so sorry for everyone who has lost their eggs to the viewbombers. This is absolutely terrible. D= 

2. I am excited for this year's event!

3. Would anyone mind, if it's not too much trouble, telling me what I should do with my eggs? I fogged all my CBs, but I added them to Evina's Draghatch just before that, and I'm not done catching CBs yet because I'd like to have at least one of each if not two. I have to either wait until some of my bred eggs to hatch or abandon a couple before I can catch more. So... Should I leave them fogged in the hatchery and unfog after four or however many days and add them to how many and/or which ones? I'm sorry, and I'm sorry if this is a complicated question. I'm just confused and have never dealt with a viewbombing spree. 

The normal way I raise dragons might be a good idea here. I wait until they reach ER range, put them in hatcheries, and watched them. As soon as they hatch, I fog them again immediately. Repeat when hatchies reach ER to grow. Just watch a lot more closely since things are gaining views extremely fast, and only add to one hatchery at a time and see how fast they go. That'd be my advice.

And since eggs are being bombed, keep them fogged until they are ready for a hatching attempt.

Edited by adrak

3 minutes ago, Loki.Dottir said:

Okay, three things...

1. I am so so sorry for everyone who has lost their eggs to the viewbombers. This is absolutely terrible. D= I'll be willing to help people if possible once I'm not egg-locked.

2. I am excited for this year's event!

3. Would anyone mind, if it's not too much trouble, telling me what I should do with my eggs? I fogged all my CBs, but I added them to Evina's Draghatch just before that, and I'm not done catching CBs yet because I'd like to have at least one of each if not two. I have to either wait until some of my bred eggs to hatch or abandon a couple before I can catch more. So... Should I leave them fogged in the hatchery and unfog after four or however many days and add them to how many and/or which ones? I'm sorry, and I'm sorry if this is a complicated question. I'm just confused and have never dealt with a viewbombing spree. 

I would just leave them fogged for now until further updates are posted. I heard you can't take fogged things out of eatw anyways. But if it's fogged, it should stay safe. 

I would keep ALL eggs and hatchies fogged overnight, since people are being hit who did not even have stuff in EATW (unless you have something growing up really soon.  Then give it til tomorrow and see if it is resolved

4 minutes ago, Feesh said:

The mods have informed him multiple time already, like Star has said. 

Nobody really wants to hear that the mods know and told him. They want some form of acknowledgment from the owner of the site.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Due to the unfortunate events of eggs being killed at an alarming rate, I'll continue to gift and hand out eggs to those that are unable to catch them fast enough and to those that have had their eggs die. 

Can't always get around to everyone but at least some people will have what they once lost returned to them. It is the season of giving after all.:) 

About the priority thing... it could be more the case of, "Oh, that is small and I can fix that easily." I'll do that while I continue to try to find a way to resolve this major problem. He was probably just showing a kind of multitasking there. 

5 minutes ago, Feesh said:

The mods have informed him multiple time already, like Star has said. 

Good to know!

Sorry if I came off as harsh.

DarknessDragon197 may deserve some special award as DC Holiday Spirit.

He doesn't have to fix it right away, but it would be nice to hear anything from him- and if he makes a statement, more people will notice it than you or I warning people.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Its unfortunate that there's a whole viewbombing fiasco taking place. I lost my shallow water egg a bit before the holiday event started. 

Also, I'm sad I still can't get any yules and hollies yet. I'm about give up :Its so hard to get.  <

Thank you so much to everyone for letting me know how to deal with this! <3 I wish the best for everyone here.

3 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Nobody really wants to hear that the mods know and told him. They want some form of acknowledgment from the owner of the site.

We actually can be his voice when he is otherwise engaged. Sorry is that is a problem for you. As we are also your voice and bring things up to his attention when he is otherwise engaged.

Edited by Starscream

^ Yeah. I'm kind of wary of having to jump back into the Holiday Biome Pool once I'm unlocked. I still feel wonderfully crappity. 

I know it's not as good as hearing from the owner of the site, but what we can tell you is the best we can do for now.

this is my first holiday event that i'm actually hunting, and lucky enough i got my first viewbombing experience. i only got around 100 views total before i fogged them. i'm glad i caught the problem before it got worse!!

i haven't used EATW and i only use allure of nds, so i'm pretty sure this isn't only an issue for EATW. my scroll was hidden too. someone's probably gathering up random usernames and posting them on click sites without permission?

@Starscream You do not have the power to make a new News thread that will show up both here and on the front page of the main site so people are informed about what's going on, do you? That's what I want, and I haven't even personally lost something to sickness. People deserve to know, so they can defend themselves.

But we can continue to poke in and give information in the meantime until such post can be made -  so it's not a complete and utter blackout.

Yeah but.. most people here only found out the hard way. Come in here asking why everything sick and dying.. It's an unfortunate situation.

There is a thing at top of your scroll if something is sick.  That is all they need to know!  

Just now, 49ER said:

There is a thing at top of your scroll if something is sick.  That is all they need to know!  

Actually, by then it could be too late- or you do what people here have done; go to bed, wake up, and everything is already dead.

This isn't player error. This is a targeted attack.

5 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Yeah but.. most people here only found out the hard way. Come in here asking why everything sick and dying.. It's an unfortunate situation.

that it is. Since it was not just an occasional one, and I speak for myself, I got in contact with TJ and let him know that there seemed to be an issue. I was fortunate myself, and I get upset when people mess with the userbase -  its mean spirited.

Actually, by then it could be too late- or you do what people here have done; go to bed, wake up, and everything is already dead.

This isn't player error. This is a targeted attack.

I agree, if I hadn't come here and searched through the replies I wouldn't have known to save my eggs before they got hit. I think some form of letting people know what's going on would be a good idea.

Edited by Loki.Dottir

I'm glad I actually decided to join the forum after five years of playing. I would have been completely in the dark otherwise.