Kaityn

Cleaning up AP from Halloween

I did see it happen, but then I missed halfway of it since I had to sleep...

I did catch some, very pretty ones, too!

It feels weird seeing the regular dragons back in the AP haha;

I managed to grab a CB Xeno and a 3rd gen tinsel from the AP, and then a spesartine from the coast. what is this luck, I don't even...

Too bad I'm currently going to bed at reasonable times - the hatchie wall was in the middle of the night for me so I missed it.

Low-time commons are still cool, and I even found a nice Z-coded Silver! ^^

@Confused Cat It didnt last very long anyway tbh! I missed it myself. I literally grabbed halloween eggs to hatch and throw, and an hour or so later, i saw the posted images with the common eggs showing up. The hatchlings got picked up super fast.

1 hour ago, Confused Cat said:

Too bad I'm currently going to bed at reasonable times - the hatchie wall was in the middle of the night for me so I missed it.

Low-time commons are still cool, and I even found a nice Z-coded Silver! ^^

I ended up staying up until ~2:30am to see the end of it!  :lol:  With the re-release of CBs I really held back this year on breeding my Halloweens - I literally just bred the lines I knew I wanted to keep, plus a couple of others for trade.  I feel a lil sad that most of my 'Weenies never got to have babies this year but.... I just checked and without counting bred dragons or any new CBs I added this year, I have over 200 CB Halloweens - that could potentially have been a massive addition to the wall if I had bred even half of them.

ETA:  I imagine quite a number of the messy-lined Shadow Walkers that I hatched and re-abandoned will have gone Wild...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

45 minutes ago, Nathair said:

It didnt last very long anyway tbh!

I watched about one and a half hours of it (starting ~6pm cavetime according to the first freeze in my log XD). By the time I went to sleep, hatchies were at almost 6 days left. If I calculate timezones correctly, according to Amazon_warrior, the rest of it lasted about 2 hours longer :lol:

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I watched about one and a half hours of it (starting ~6pm cavetime according to the first freeze in my log XD). By the time I went to sleep, hatchies were at almost 6 days left. If I calculate timezones correctly, according to Amazon_warrior, the rest of it lasted about 2 hours longer :lol:

I think it ended shortly before 2am my time, but I was up longer watching to see if my random Tinsel eggie would behave and become a Neglected.  :)

Man... I was there for the moment when Halloween eggs went to hatchies. So happy that I was. Caught a bunch of new CBs. :D

This Halloween has been so good to me in catching up from my long hiatus (4 years, not to mention replacing my bred Marrows and Pumpkins with CBs). Made a MASSIVE dent in it. I think I ended up with ~50 CBs over the course of it all, not counting Omens (which I got my scroll goals' fill of!).

Edited by Azure

Common eggs started appearing  at about 8:40pm EST if you need a reference point  :P

The wall lasted almost three hours, but it was literally a Lurker/SW takeover by the end of it..again. Still, I think I saw maybe 20 or so Omens go by, it was pretty good while it lasted haha

@Ruby Eyes LAWL, my sense of time is screwed up, just like my sleep schedule! XD

About 3 or so hours then? Still way way shorter than the time all those eggs were there.

I missed most of it as I get together with friends on Sunday evenings and play WoW. Unfortunately it overlapped pretty perfectly. But I snagged a few low-time dragons for freezing.

Currently on the West coast so I was lucky enough that I both had service and was looking at my phone when it rolled around. Definitely didn't happen to me last Halloween, but I was happy to grab a bunch of Hallloween Hatchies and low time red eggs.

Missed the hatchie wall, too, as it was night for me. However, I'm just glad the Halloween wall is over and there are brightly coloured eggs in the AP again :lol:

My action log is full with Halloween eggs...

Rexsaurus that is indeed a pretty lineage, but let me know once you have space for another gold. I'll be happy to breed you a second gold.

I haven't breed my messy halloweens this year and I am not going to do that next year either. Plus I noticed a lot less messy lineages while picking up eggs from the AP. I think other people have made a smilar decision and it's a good one.

9 minutes ago, Laura-Lana said:

I haven't breed my messy halloweens this year and I am not going to do that next year either. Plus I noticed a lot less messy lineages while picking up eggs from the AP. I think other people have made a smilar decision and it's a good one.

While I definitely found (and hastily re-abandoned) my fair share of messy-lined Halloweens, it must be said that AP hunting this year felt, in general, more fun.  So.... yay for that?

Edited by Amazon_warrior

18 hours ago, Karobb said:

Anything that was bred that was not a halloween egg is dead, i can show you several from my scroll

I have proof that several older eggs had their bred on dates changed to not die in my action log. I don't know where the protection line is, admittedly, but it sounds odd that that happened.

e: Actually, could you take a look at when they died? 

Edited by Guillotine

Its a shame I missed the hatchling wall but some Halloweens are still popping up. I missed a couple but caught a 12h Desipis just a few minutes ago.

14 hours ago, Nyxity said:

Yay... the wall is down. It kind of made me feel like that Christmas story, "Christmas Everyday" only this was "Halloween Everyday" in the AP. O.o... I like my Holidays to stay just within their expect limits. (The longer,t he higher chance of them killing me. O.o...)

I hope christmas is the same way. Unlike halloween, I usually miss christmas on DC so I'd love the chance to fill out my scroll with missing christmas dragons.

3 hours ago, Rexsaurus said:

Just got my first ever gold dragon egg from the AP! I was refreshing the page for codes when I saw it and almost didn't click it from shock and it's lineage is amazing. It took me 6 years to get my first gold and now I have one.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/33eY0

Ooh that lineage tho! :wub: congrats!!

I caught many eggs to hatch and throw back as hatchlings, but had to stop when the hatchling wall came, it was the first time for me to see the start of the hatchling wall, I caught a ER misgendered 2nd gen Grave and a pair of ER CB Caligenes (I dropped a CB Witchlight back) and I caught 2 or 3 more hatchlings before being locked again *laugh*

6 hours ago, Lady Artemis said:

I hope christmas is the same way. Unlike halloween, I usually miss christmas on DC so I'd love the chance to fill out my scroll with missing christmas dragons.

I can only feel half on that. If we can catch past CBs from a Christmas Biome - even if it remains a two CB limit, that would be freaking awesome. I missed some Christmas drops as well. The Abandoned Page, however...

I'm guessing it was due to the last minute Mass-Breed of Halloween eggs that made the AP the way it was this year, but I cannot say I completely rejoiced with how it took so long for the holiday wall to clear. I mean, look at this thread! It made enough members concerned for the offspring they and other released that we were scrambling to incubate all the eggs we possibly could and do hatchling drops. Nope... I don't want that happening again... I'm a pretty fragile person (in a health-wise sort of way) so while these events are probably nothing to most people in regards to health and/or stress... I admit the first day the Halloween festivities began on here were already hard on me. 'Helped where I could with the "Cleanup" but most of that time I had to sleep almost all day long. I'm still recovering actually. OCD is a b***h during these times.

@Amberfly see, here's the funny thing. I love shadow walkers in looks and concept (gentle ghosties that snatch pumpkin pies off window sills! What's NOT to love?), but due to their sheer whiteness I've always struggled to find pairings that I think look good with them. In contrast, Lurker looks and concept are just ok to me (I remember actually being disappointed when they were released, since they're basically plain colored, unadorned dragons that live in caves... aka typical dragons... aka why halloween dragons, again? Although I was rather salty that year as well due to the first of many, many failed attempts at submitting a Halloween concept :P ), but man, the lineages! Male Black Tea and Purple Nebula x Lurker are two of my all time favorite pairings, and I've found they look great with lots of other things as well (Crimsons, Heartseekers, Spirit Wards, other Nebulas), and working with them so much turned to love. Plus those adorable salamander looking S1s! Wish the adults had kept that lankiness. XD ...Although now having said my reasons for liking them, it is ironic that I find a pure dark dragon so appealing to work with and a pure white dragon so hard. Hm. :P 

@Empererpenguin could be. I know that I always instinctively lunge for what's rarest. If you put a wall of Desipis and one Lurker I'd go for the Lurker, haha. Funny how the mind works! :P 

@Yhme *whistles* 20 SWs, dang, good for you! :D I remember seeing stories about someone who got an insane number of SWs that year, although I think it was someone other than you with an even higher total! I'd be jelly but I managed to get 11 original release Marrows, so can't be too jelly XD (no idea how I pulled that off, just that I feel insanely in love the second I saw the adults and started trading and AP hunting like mad! Still one of my favorite breeds to this day, both looks and lore <3)

@Guillotine ...Whaaaaaaaat? Eggs don't gain time from going to the AP anymore, do they? I wonder what the heck happened, then! That's so weird. D:

@Guillotine ...Whaaaaaaaat? Eggs don't gain time from going to the AP anymore, do they? I wonder what the heck happened, then! That's so weird. D:

It gained something like a week (it was bred either very shortly before or after the breeding season began); its current laid date is November 1st, but, well... bred before the holiday switch was turned on. Again, between this and other ancedata, I'm forced to conclude that there is a period where standard eggs are "credited" so that they don't die in the AP.

@Guillotine Ok. I am now curious of what has happened to you. Are you sure you got the dates right? (Because I've bred ill-timed eggs on Oct 24th, and the one that went to AP died like usual, while the one that I kept long enough to be put into hatcheries before ultimately making the decision to abandon hatched and grew up wild.) Definitely nothing got credited anything, soooooo wha?

@angelicdragonpuppyUhhh I might have exaggerated a little with the 20 CB SWs, that was suppose to be an "about" in front of that 20 in that post there XD I actually only have 18   I'll shut up now haha

Edited by Yhme