Kaityn

Cleaning up AP from Halloween

I've been doing this for the past few days, it doesn't seem to make any difference, there are still so many eggs in the AP. I want the regular eggs back :rolleyes:

I'm definitely not going to breed anymore Holiday dragons if it's going to end up like this^^

I'm glad you like the game idea. We have a whole year to work on it. Hopefully, more people want to join.

Thank you for your ideas, @Kaityn!

2 hours ago, Kaityn said:
  • IF people want to track how many eggs they've hatched for the game, it would be via reporting the codes (no lineage or view links, as the dragons that are hatched are ultimately on someone else's scroll.

That is a problem because you could also merely observe the AP and note codes. We would need some way to prove that the participant has really hatched the egg (themselves). I think that is the most tricky part.

51 minutes ago, Chococat0815 said:

I've been doing this for the past few days, it doesn't seem to make any difference, there are still so many eggs in the AP. I want the regular eggs back :rolleyes:

I'm definitely not going to breed anymore Holiday dragons if it's going to end up like this^^

Yeeaaah I'm feeling you there. And I've been able to have a pretty fast turnaround for sets of 8 eggs.

Honestly once I heard about the CB Halloweens I decided not to breed mine. If DC does the same for other holidays, then I'm not breeding. While this was fun, if they want to do this for future holidays, between the lag and the AP problems, TJ's gotta really consider the input piling up in the Suggestions forum to iron the kinks out with this new idea.

I've just started doing this to try and get past the wall. I don't have any Aeon's so I'm hoping the ones that I've decided to keep do gender right (as they are so pretty!). I only bred one of my Halloweens this year, but right at the start. I'm locked until this next batch of 5 hatch, will toss some back and collect some more. 

59 minutes ago, Solanatsea said:

That is a problem because you could also merely observe the AP and note codes. We would need some way to prove that the participant has really hatched the egg (themselves). I think that is the most tricky part.

See, I think this would only be a problem if it turns into a contest, so it's why I'm making sure to think of it as a game. The idea is to have fun while encouraging eggs to get picked up and hatched. I personally find it fun to hatch eggs just to give them away as hatchlings, but I know others will find eggs that they want to keep and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Heck, I know there were certain eggs that if I'd happened across them in my hatching efforts, I would have kept them, and reduced the number of eggs I could hatch at once.

All I know is I am so tired of Halloween eggs :)  At this point any even gen lineages are in jeopardy because they can not be influenced, personally I would prefer my eggs to die than to end up in the wild, so I don't know, I have done a few rounds of stuffing eggs in an er and sending back myself

We may just be creating further problems, because eventually we will have a hatchie wall to clear, not sure you can save the non holiday eggs!

I just want to see normal eggs again!

Edited by Karobb

That tsunami of halloween eggs don't seem to be getting any younger. Have any of the CB Omens a couple of people dumped in the AP on the 31st popped up, yet? 

If they haven't, i'd feel a bit worried that they might be in jeopardy as well as the halloween lines. With so many people losing their Omens this year, it would be a shame to lose more.

Edited by lovecats99

Some of them have, I grabbed two and missed several more. But people were dumping them somewhat close to midnight too, so there may be some still in there.

Currently egg-locked, will resume grabbing AP eggs when my oldest egg hatches later tonight.

18 minutes ago, lovecats99 said:

That tsunami of halloween eggs don't seem to be getting any younger. Have any of the CB Omens a couple of people dumped in the AP on the 31st popped up, yet? 

If they haven't, i'd feel a bit worried that they might be in jeopardy as well as the halloween lines. With so many people losing their Omens this year, it would be a shame to lose more.

Yes, CB Omens have been showing up. The eggs I've been hatching most of yesterday and all today, all have a laid date of October 31st. 

Won't TJ just purge the AP at some point?   Or do we have 2 more days of these eggs to look forward to?

I don't know, I just figured that is how it always clears up??  I mean I have no proof was just wondering.   I mean obviously there are more eggs than scrolls to hold them at this point or we would not be under 3 days!

Edited by Karobb

I know from past experience that the eggs will stay up until around 2 days left, and then hatchlings should appear (correct me if I'm wrong lol) and then our Everyday Eggs will just nyoom in once the hatchlings are gone.

4 minutes ago, Bison said:

Why would TJ purge the AP?

He's done it in the past, to remove Holidays (not just Halloweens!) from the AP and let people get standard breeds again, usually at about this point in the cycle. It's kind of necessary.

I'm on my third batch of egg-hatching this morning.  The first ones I mostly dumped, but this group has some I'm going to hold onto and hope some of them gender right.

Edited by Gryphonic

21 minutes ago, Kaityn said:

Yes, CB Omens have been showing up. The eggs I've been hatching most of yesterday and all today, all have a laid date of October 31st. 

That's good to hear. :) 

Either way, I haven't seen/haven't paid attention to holidays stagnating in the AP for this long, ever, especially 5 days after the end of the event. I wonder if that's a new record?

Edited by lovecats99

4 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

He's done it in the past, to remove Holidays (not just Halloweens!) from the AP and let people get standard breeds again, usually at about this point in the cycle. It's kind of necessary.

The highest time Halloween eggs are roughly an hour above the AP right now. Last year, the Halloween wall stayed a week. I don't think purgings necessary.. We can totally dig through the wall.

I'm popping all the eggs I can get my hands on into Valley Sherwood. XD

I've been picking up some eggs, hatching them, then throwing them back for a while now. I have 6 free slots to do it.

5 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

IIRC, that was christmas and valentine back when scroll limits counted both CB and lineaged. Now that limits are only for CBs, those holidays barely wall up anymore now.

I don't think I've ever heard of a Halloween purge, and as @EscapistLore said, we really are almost through!!

6 minutes ago, EscapistLore said:

The highest time Halloween eggs are roughly an hour above the AP right now. Last year, the Halloween wall stayed a week. I don't think purgings necessary.. We can totally dig through the wall.

I'm popping all the eggs I can get my hands on into Valley Sherwood. XD

It doesn't matter how old the Halloweens are: as long as there's enough to form a wall, you will not see a normal egg. And the Halloween wall last year was only removed when it was due to the purge. Not to mention the resentment of AP hunters who don't care about holidays...

Again, I feel that it is quite necessary considering that the number of dragons being bred is exponential. Part of me wonders if the hammer should come down sooner, really.

e: That is not the case, Kaityn. As recently as last year, purges were required for AP walls.

Edited by Guillotine

Just now, Guillotine said:

It doesn't matter how old the Halloweens are: as long as there's enough to form a wall, you will not see a normal egg. And the Halloween wall last year was only removed when it was due to the purge. Not to mention the resentment of AP hunters who don't care about holidays...

Again, I feel that it is quite necessary considering that the number of dragons being bred is exponential. Part of me wonders if the hammer should come down sooner, really.

Last year... with the witchlights. The one that I watched the end of the wall happen......? o.o

And yes, hon, I've been through enough holidays to know they take priority XD *hands over a cookie*

I -really- really hope there's no purge, Ive never heard of one for a Halloween and oh boy, that'd be sad as I'm still hunting and many of my friends are looking through them and hatching them as well.

1 minute ago, Guillotine said:

I know, I think this entire multiple egg thing needs rethinking lol!   Personally I think all this ERing is just going to lead to a mess of wild hatchlings

Just now, EscapistLore said:

Last year... with the witchlights. The one that I watched the end of the wall happen......? o.o

And yes, hon, I've been through enough holidays to know they take priority XD *hands over a cookie*

I -really- really hope there's no purge, Ive never heard of one for a Halloween and oh boy, that'd be sad as I'm still hunting and many of my friends are looking through them and hatching them as well.

Eh, I acknowledge that my memory can be flaky at best, particularly since this has been a really bad year for stress. Still, the problem is going to increase if things stay the same, and I doubt the userbase will be able to keep up.

Was there really a purge?

Last year, it took 5 days for the Halloween eggs to clear off. So aaaany time now...hopefully. Getting a bit tired of seeing them too