Kaityn

Cleaning up AP from Halloween

Still a lot of eggs in the AP from Halloween, and I know there are non-Halloween eggs behind all these Holidays that are dying in droves at this point. To speed things up, now that I'm done collecting for the most part, I'm hatching messies or PBs and tossing them back as hatchlings.

This is also to ensure those Halloweens that still have a bit of time to influence can be influenced.

Anyone care to join me? :)

I was going to try that yesterday, but it took me more than 5 hours to hatch my 3-days-something eggs. (I had to go to bed eventually.) If they hatched a bit - okay, a LOT - faster, I'd be all for it. But, considering that there's only a very limited amount of time to grab holidays, I'm out. Sorry.

What she said. I am locked with ones I picked up to hatch for myself :)

2 minutes ago, olympe said:

I was going to try that yesterday, but it took me more than 5 hours to hatch my 3-days-something eggs. (I had to go to bed eventually.) If they hatched a bit - okay, a LOT - faster, I'd be all for it. But, considering that there's only a very limited amount of time to grab holidays, I'm out. Sorry.

I understand, no worries :)

It is going a bit faster than it was yesterday, I think, but then I changed up my hatcheries a bit for the ones I don't intend to keep.

I've been doing this, and dropping teleport links on the notice board when I have a magi ready. I only have 3 eggs I want for myself, so I'm using the other 2 slots to grab these ER eggs and hatch them.

I've been doing this ever since my Omen eggs hatched.
I hatch 8 AP eggs at a time and send them as hatchlings back to the AP; usually hatchlings are picked up more likely.

Edited by Solanatsea

You can also grab eggs, put them in hatcheries, and then dump them back in the AP so you don't have to lock up your scroll while they are hatching. They'll still get views and all that.

Would, but I'm hatchie locked. While scouring the AP yesterday, I'd add almost all the eggs I examined into the ERs. (Almost because after a while I'd forget due to fatigue.) I like to try to give them a fighting chance.

Edited by Nyxity

I've given away some quick-hatched hatchlings in the departure thread today (and currently I am trying to quick hatch two more that I plan to offer there). I have to admit I do that more for the fun of gifting hatchies than because I want to clean up the AP. I enjoy all these low time halloween eggs and I think a lot of other players do that too.

^ Yeah, I don't really care about the "clean up" concept either.

Oh, yeah... if you know some of the right hatcheries, you only need to know the code to an AP egg to add it to the ER... They don't have to be on someone's scroll. Save the eggies!!!

Very true. I put some of my own autoabandoned halloween eggs into these hatcheries yesterday and they all hatched. Now I worry they'll end up as wild dragons instead of getting a chance of being adopted. Lol - Apparently I don't know what I want.

If I was luckier I'd say grab a bunch and then earthquake. Suppose I could bite, but I've only got one slot left at the moment.

Now that the AP is down to uninfluenceable, dropping them into hatcheries without keeping them on a scroll makes sense. Earlier today I tried to influence, hatch + reabandon as many nicely-lineaged ones as I could so they would be the right gender, but with two slots and mostly slow-ish hatcheries, I could only hatch a handful. Now I am completely locked with hatchies I want to keep, so no more AP for me today.

(I hope there'll still be Halloweens by the time I get a slot back tomorrow morning... But if they're gone, I guess the AP will still be full of  interesting low-time eggs tomorrow.)

I would...but I end up wanting to keep everything I pick up. XD Even if it's messy/inbred, 'cuz I need frozens too. (I use frozen hatchies to mark bounderies b/n CB and bred dragons of various generations)

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

I was going to drop them into hatcheries then I found those lines that I couldn't not keep.

/fail

I bred my dragons later in the day so I've been watching the timer on their eggs to get an idea where the AP stands. It's still at least 6 hours behind my 2Gs.

I'm also itching to get after the low-time eggs behind the wall for possible neglected experiments. But it will be touchy to see if I can get any with my scroll so full. And well, they might be too hard to hatch with the hatcheries so overflowing. I do have every hatchery open for viewing though. Silvi's is down from 500+ ERs this morning to 200 now.

There are just so many. 

I usually keep the ones I raise to give on the departure thread later when they are older, but it seems I have to dump them now. 

With the way the walls are now, they may end up growing up though.

So many eggs are going to die.

Any one check the Graveyard recently?

As a note, hatchlings usually grow up in the AP when it's this low. If you want them to be picked up as hatchlings, either take them out of hatcheries beforehand (although they'll probably still get caught in the purge before they get low enough to appear) or only "dump" them with teleports.

Edited by Guillotine

So catching, hatching, and releasing  back is not a good idea?! Oh no. :blink:

I have been shoving then into 6-7 sites and they hatch in 30 min.

I wonder if I will get any accidental neglecteds if this keeps up.

I don't know how I would feel if the wall of Halloweens leads to a boom of Neglecteds.

I probably shouldn't breed next year.

I'm in. For now, anyway. If so many users are hatchling-locked, I'm not sure how much good it'll do to hatch them and toss them, but it's worth a try.

As soon as I saw that old Halloweens would be rereleased I decided not to breed mine, except for a very few whose babies I wanted to keep. Now I think I made a wise decision.

9 minutes ago, Nathair said:

So catching, hatching, and releasing  back is not a good idea?! Oh no. :blink:

I have been shoving then into 6-7 sites and they hatch in 30 min.

That's strange. I just had a 2d 22h Shadow Walker hatch in about 10 minutes after being added to 5 sites (allure of NDs, draghatch, eatw, silvi's and Valley Sherwood.)

Either way, I wish I saw this earlier before locking myself with another 4 or 5 hatchlings. :( I have 7 hatchies growing up tomorrow so i'll try my best to dump hatchlings then.

@lovecats99 Wow, that is odd. I have used all what you have, and dragonbreederscave as well as dcmansion. Lurkers are stubborn I guess??

I am leaving myself unlocked to stop this madness. Its a pity I cant do this in my sleep.

Note: Its been a good 25 mins since i picked up the lurkers and only half have a big hole in them.

Edited by Nathair
typos -_-

I'm locked completely atm, but I have 15 hatchlings growing up within the next 24 hours, so I would be happy to help out by hatching and releasing hatchlings to the AP :) If the wall is still there, anyway.

Granted, I might end up locking myself again if I find things I like XD