Jump to content
Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Recommended Posts

I went out yesterday for the CD but yet, despite being out for long enough, not a single raid showed up at any of the six gyms I hovered around. I did catch plenty of Cyndaquil at least, including my first two shinies :v Been slowly getting back into this game after discovering the loading error was patched up.

Share this post


Link to post

WEll, for CD I only ended up with Two Shinys, but one was good enough to make a nice Typhlosion. I evolved two others into strong final guys too which was nice. I know two is better than none, but It's the first time I didn't meet my goal of one shiny per each stage. :(

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Kaini said:

I did manage to get a Buizel while I was out, so that was nice, but sad about no shiny :( They still pop up (I caught a shiny eevee outside community day) so maybe someday.

 

Be persistent and it will come your way eventually. :wub: I never thought I'd reach the point of thinking that it's a success to find and catch a Pidgey, but ever since the "Evolve 2 Pidgey" field research task popped up those are near exterminated and so hard to find. :lol: Can't wait to find another Caterpie task because I now have three Pidgeys so I'll be able to do at least one. I could also use a couple more Nincada tasks by the time November ends.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, *Silver Fox* said:

 

Be persistent and it will come your way eventually. :wub: I never thought I'd reach the point of thinking that it's a success to find and catch a Pidgey, but ever since the "Evolve 2 Pidgey" field research task popped up those are near exterminated and so hard to find. :lol: Can't wait to find another Caterpie task because I now have three Pidgeys so I'll be able to do at least one. I could also use a couple more Nincada tasks by the time November ends.

 

 

I know what you mean with the pidgeys.  I have I think five stored up in case I get the caterpie task again.  It is one of the few times I have been wishing for a partly cloudy day.

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler

 

Bah. I'm bummed. I don't really get to play much anymore, but I really want to because of Let's Go coming out. And apparently there was a shiny Ponyta event going on and I never had the chance to go out and play to catch one :( Rapidash is my favorite pokemon and I really wanted to transfer a shiny ponyta to my Let's Go game when it comes out. 

Sigh. Even when I do end up going places that I can play the game at (like at Disneyland, where I'm going tomorrow) my gf gets mad at me for playing it because then I don't pay as much attention to her. So then I don't get to play it. 

And I will always lament that the Community Days are just Community Hours! D:< 

 

Don't mind me, just some Go related whining :D 

I really want an Alolan Vulpix already, but all I hatch are Alolan grimers x) And luckily during the Pinsir event was the day that I went on a fundraiser walk (it was supposed to be 5km, but PoGo only registered 4.8....) and got myself a shiny Pinsir :D 

Share this post


Link to post

There are wildfires a few hours north, so Community Day had a smaller turnout than usual. And several people had face masks and bandannas. I like to think all the Cyndaquil are somehow responsible.

 

What's the Caterpie task? Is it a special Caterpie?

Share this post


Link to post

I managed to catch two shiny Cyndaquils on the community day! There was also a very good turnout of other starters, so I got some more Turtwigs and Chimchars. 

Share this post


Link to post

 

4 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

There are wildfires a few hours north, so Community Day had a smaller turnout than usual. And several people had face masks and bandannas. I like to think all the Cyndaquil are somehow responsible.

  

What's the Caterpie task? Is it a special Caterpie?

 

The "evolve two pidgeys" task.  Caterpie now has a chance of being shiny, and a shiny from a research task has a good chance of having good IVs.

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

 

The "evolve two pidgeys" task.  Caterpie now has a chance of being shiny, and a shiny from a research task has a good chance of having good IVs.

Way cool. I'll have to remember to keep some Pidgey around in case I find the task.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm really happy that I connected my Go game to my phone's activity feature because I've hatched two eggs today just by walking around at work without having to drain my phone's battery or give up my Pandora music. This is pretty neat :v But I can't figure out what app my phone is using to track my step count...

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ValidEmotions said:

I'm really happy that I connected my Go game to my phone's activity feature because I've hatched two eggs today just by walking around at work without having to drain my phone's battery or give up my Pandora music. This is pretty neat :v But I can't figure out what app my phone is using to track my step count...

Either Google Fit or Apple Health. You should be able to find them in your settings?

I'm also thankful for that feature, but for whatever reason, this week it counts only the distance without counting any steps or calories XD 

Share this post


Link to post

Hm. Go prompted me to do the activity sync feature and I activated it, but it doesn't appear to be counting my steps? I don't have the app active since it drains my battery all to hell. Halp? ;-;

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hazeh said:

Hm. Go prompted me to do the activity sync feature and I activated it, but it doesn't appear to be counting my steps? I don't have the app active since it drains my battery all to hell. Halp? ;-;

 

At this point in time you have to use either Google Fit or Apple Health for it to count steps. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

 

At this point in time you have to use either Google Fit or Apple Health for it to count steps. 

Huh. I guess I assumed it would only "sync" if it was connecting to the proper app and would have told me otherwise x) Time to go download more things. 

Thank you!

Edited by hazeh

Share this post


Link to post

That's odd. Because Go counts my steps *without* Google Fit. I only recently installed it, after I was already counting steps. But I haven't opened the app yet and it's still counting.

Share this post


Link to post

Google Fit is apparently already on your phone, not as an app, but as a function. So it can count your steps and sync them to Pogo without having the actual app installed. That's how it works for me right now.

 

Also, hype for the new Gen4 evolutions? I'm bummed though that you can only get the evolution stone from research breakthrough. It will take ages to evolve all of them and now I have to decide which ones to choose first...

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

Google Fit is apparently already on your phone, not as an app, but as a function. So it can count your steps and sync them to Pogo without having the actual app installed. That's how it works for me right now.

 

Also, hype for the new Gen4 evolutions? I'm bummed though that you can only get the evolution stone from research breakthrough. It will take ages to evolve all of them and now I have to decide which ones to choose first... 

 

 

Really?  That means I have wait until next week to get an evolution.  Bummer.  It doesn't hurt too much though because I never cared that much for gen4s evolutions, with the exception of honchkrow.

Share this post


Link to post

I got a research breakthrough a mere two hours before the evolution announcement went out. 😢

 

It seems they didn't release ALL the Sinnoh evolutions. No Ambipom, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Yanmega, Mamoswine, Gallade, Probopass, Froslass. What are the plans for them? Surely we don't need to go to a special magnetic field to evolve Magneton and Nosepass.

Share this post


Link to post

True, they only released the ones that required an evo-item in the main games. Luckily, I got my Sinnoh stone today and I decided to get a Togekiss :wub: 

Not sure how they'll handle the rest of the evolutions though, seeing how they (not) treated Shedinja and Clamperl...

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently the new special research for Meltan is out now.  Already into the second task.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Apparently the new special research for Meltan is out now.  Already into the second task.

 

Me too!

 

It apparently gets rather grueling toward the end, ugh. But I want the little cutie!

Share this post


Link to post

FINALLY got up the courage and got past the trading task for celebi.  And I just need one more candy to move on from the second Meltan task. 

 

Edit: 

 

On to the third task. 

Edited by Nectaris

Share this post


Link to post

Those Curveball tasks always make me cry.... v.v Do you have any tricks to complete those? Only one throw away from Celebi.... (Mew was a lucky shot)

 

 

Edited by Belisar
Found an ebil typo xD

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Belisar said:

Those Curveball tasks always male me cry.... v.v Do you have any tricks to complete those? Only one throw away from Celebi.... (Mew was a lucky shot)

 

The only advice I have is practice and try mons with big target areas, like ponyta and wailmer.  I would keep up the practice even after the task, it only helps with the catch rate and there are several field research tasks that have good rewards that require curve ball throws.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.