Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Got to evolve my kricketot to kricketune today.  Also more than halfway to getting a torterra and empoleon, my ridiculous pile of pinap berries has been a great help(I had few when gen3 was released, so it is a big contrast).  I have actually gone from 120 to about 50 without discarding any, which I was a hair's breath from needing to get rid of a chunk. 

In general, gen4 isn't my favorite either(I honestly don't like any gen4 legendary except shaymin), but I like gen5 a lot, and the release of gen4 moves gen5 a lot closer. 

Edited by Nectaris

On 10/17/2018 at 10:37 PM, Jet Raptor said:

Quick question: does changing your walking buddy erase your total distance walked with them? I think evolving it does...right?

As far as I can tell, Corsola is still the only regional here. Considering I'll probably never be able to get off this rock, let alone outside the US, eggs are my only hope.  :'D

At least I got to catch a few of the available Sinnoh Pokemon today...but I am 100% out of Pokeballs of any kind.

It doesn't erase what's you've walked completely. Just any progress you've made for that current candy you're trying to earn. :)

Ok, good, that's what I thought. Just every time I go to change my walking buddy, it asks if I'm sure and I start second guessing myself.  |D

So the research tasks that have potential to give a shiny...is it the same odds as one in the wild? I have yet to get a shiny from a research task.

Wohooo GEN 4 HYPE :lol: 

Caught every currently available Gen 4 pokemon that's in the wild and got a Shinx from a raid as well! Now only Riolu's missing :wub: Of course, I still have to evolve all of them as well.

Oh, and I got a lucky Piplup and a lucky Bidoof!

@Jet Raptor yes, you can get a shiny from research tasks and from raids. It was said that those have higher shiny rates but recently that seems to have been proven untrue.

was in the city on Wednesday and my last 7k egg also got me a kangaskhan!! so later that night I found a mewtwo raid and was able to catch it! So now once I get my Mew I'll have a full kanto pokedex :D

Caught some piplups, chimchars, turtwig bidoof and a starly too. I named my first piplup Captain Pip because I caught it at the naval ship yard lol. I'll have to get walking but it's getting so cold now...

I'm having several pokemon at an arena right now and it pisses me off that we can only earn 50 coins a day. There is this one arena in my area that's kinda in the middle of the forest with barely any people coming by, so a pokemon can easily sit there3-4 days. I could be so friggin' rich. And I neeeed coins to get me more incubators. I'm all out except for the infinity one.

1 hour ago, Gluria said:

I'm having several pokemon at an arena right now and it pisses me off that we can only earn 50 coins a day. There is this one arena in my area that's kinda in the middle of the forest with barely any people coming by, so a pokemon can easily sit there3-4 days. I could be so friggin' rich. And I neeeed coins to get me more incubators. I'm all out except for the infinity one.

I've heard if your pokmeon holds a gym for at least 7 days, the coins you get back when it returns jumps up to...I think he said 300? maybe 350 coins? I could be wrong about that. I've never held a gym straight for that long.

Ooooh, thank you, I will try that! Maybe the forest arena ... if I can manage to get there each day to heal up ...

33 minutes ago, Gluria said:

Ooooh, thank you, I will try that! Maybe the forest arena ... if I can manage to get there each day to heal up ...

You bet! Like I said though, I'm not sure if that's true, but I hope it is. :)

Also, you don't have to travel to the gyms to heal them up. Just scroll down your pokemon until you find the one in the gym and click on it. it'll let you go to the gym from there and you can feed it a berry that way to help it along with the other pokemon in the gym too. :)

I evolved starly all the way to staraptor today.

Also caught a breathtaking male and female turtwig today, evolved one all the way to torterra.  Almost have enough to get empoleon and infernape.  All I lack really are the ones that come in eggs, because 10ks elude me the moment I really want them.

Found a wild Lopunny at the mall parking lot and found a Buneary a few hours later in the same spot, so at least I don't need candy to evolve one. I did get a Monferno and a Grotle today too, I've seen the shadow of Pachirisu 4 times now and it still eludes me. I haven't played GO as much as I would like, its gotten bitterly cold the past few weeks so I don't go out as much as I did this summer. I tend to slack off during the winter, probably why it took me over a year to get to level 30.

I'm working for Beldum community day so I probably won't get as many Beldum as I would like. I only need to get one shiny Beldum so I can get a Metagross, the only thing I'm worried about is not getting enough candy to get there. I only have 50 minutes to get what I want, hopefully that's enough time. It sucks, the past 2 Community Day's I've been working, I just want it to fall on  a weekend I DON'T have to work, oh well.

I am SO going out for tomorrow's Beldum community day! I can't possibly miss out on the opportunity to get another shiny or two, having a silver Metagross would be a blast!

As for my progress, I got myself some breathtaking new pokemon: Kricketune (evolved a Kricketot), Infernape (evolved all the way from Chimchar), Empoleon (evolved all the way from Piplup), Staraptor (evolved all the way from Starly) and evolved two Bibarel. :) 

Also I'm mad AF because I see that I came across a Pachirisu in a poke gym and I know that it's a regional, but not for this part of the world. Legit spoofers are among us. :dry:

I would have evolved even a Turtwig all the way to Torterra as I have more than enough candies to do so, but I'm waiting on getting a wonderful IV one to evolve. Still nothing.

Edit: I obtained a shiny Bulbasaur from a "Power up pokemon five times" field research quest that I almost discarded! I was so happy! I would also love to get a shiny Charmander as it's my favourite shiny from the Kanto starter trio. :wub: 

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I'm only going to get to enjoy the last hour of the event thanks to work, but hopefully I can luck out. I want my quota goal of three shinies. Ones for each stage, but if I can get at least one, I'll be happy.

Gen 4 Hype , my 3rd Shinx raid gave me a 100iv Shinx!  I was hunting for a golden lion cub :D 

Managed to catch to shine Beldums and one simply amazing, WOW stats one that I evolved all the way to Metacross! Also hatched a handful of eggs with the reduced walking distance, but didn't get anything I was hoping for. I've recently been watching the second season of the anime (Adventures on the Orange Islands) since I realized they never dubbed it to Finnish so I have never seen the episodes before! But because of that, after I got home and napped, I had a dream where my PoGo glitched and I caught a new Pokemon called Xalendula XD I don't remember anything else but the fact that it looked super cool and was light brown.

While I do like the Pokemon Go, I find the whole force friendship thing annoying. No one I know does it, but for the field research, you need three friends ... for the gift bags ... give to friends, or to get lucky pokemon ... trade with friends. I have asked some people I work with and I get the usual 'my kids have that'. And well, as an older adult, I don't want to have a bunch of kid friends on pokemon go ... not a pedophile, just trying to collect them all ....

I guess I could be like an ultimate dork and post on craigslist 'anyone who lives near X want to be pokemon go friends, contact me'.

I had the best day ever with Pokemon Go!

Caught enough Beldum to evolve two of them all the way to Metagross, one normal with good stats and one shiny that's not even all that weak!

So happy, Metagross has been among my favourites ever since I played Emerald edition and now I have a shiny! To me, Metagross is one the most beautiful shiny ever!

Also caught a shiny Eevee today. Very happy :)

Edited by Gluria

Got five shiny beldums!  Also have enough candies now to get an infernape(waiting for a breathtaking one though).

Community day was a success, if you ask me! I caught six shiny Beldums, I evolved one all the way to Metagross and one to Metang so I have a shiny family now, and I decided to gift the other three to some people who either have none or just one so if anyone's interested among those I go to raids with I'd be happy to gift them. :) Of course, they'd have to offer me a random Pokemon, but I won't be too fussy.

Also during the first hour of the community day I did a quick Shinx raid and got another pokedex entry, it's a lovely breathtaking little girl. :wub: I hope I come across more of those on my way to college tomorrow so I can have some more of them, and I won't complain if one of them ends up being a shiny. ;) 

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I did alright this go round. Got two shiny beldums. Didn't get any that could battle with the best of them, but I got right underneath it.

I'm glad to hear everyone's success with Community Day. I'm really surprised myself! I was at work for the first two hours of it. Didn't expect anything the last hour, but a friend picked me up from work and we rode around another nearby town with a LOT more stops and areas and I caught three shiny Beldums! I met my goal of having one of each stage. :D

I'm so happy. They weren't that great, but I don't care. I'm happy!

I was working for a good chunk of community day so I only had 50 minutes to try for shinies. I got extremely lucky, in the 50 minutes I had I caught SEVEN shiny Beldum. I managed to get 3 shiny Beldum back to back to back, so that was exciting. I finally got myself a Metagross for my Pokedex, and it was a shiny one to boot. I didn't get as many Beldum caught as I wanted(I wanted two Metagross, one shiny and one not), but I'm so happy with my triple shiny luck today.

4 hours ago, Zinogre said:

I was working for a good chunk of community day so I only had 50 minutes to try for shinies. I got extremely lucky, in the 50 minutes I had I caught SEVEN shiny Beldum. I managed to get 3 shiny Beldum back to back to back, so that was exciting. I finally got myself a Metagross for my Pokedex, and it was a shiny one to boot. I didn't get as many Beldum caught as I wanted(I wanted two Metagross, one shiny and one not), but I'm so happy with my triple shiny luck today.

Sounds like we were in similar boats, but you had better luck my friend. Congrats! I'm happy I met my goal of three though, :) That's one for each stage. so it was fine, I also got two of mine back to back which was an awesome feeling! I love it when that happens. :D

No shiny Beldum for me as I wasn't able to play this weekend. I hope I find someone who'll trade me one :P 

Did the Gen4 pokemon practically disappear for everybody else as well? There's a Bidoof or the common bird from time to time but no starters at all. I still need candies to evolve them.

Edited by Chococat0815