Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I think some people here are going to...low-key loathe me for this, but...I got these two yesterday and today respectively. Shuppet actually has good IVs.  \o/  Usually my shinies have terrible IVs.

shinyDrifloon01.pngshinyShuppet01.png

Edited by Jet Raptor

10 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

Oh neat, I had no idea. I presume I have to remember the move, right? Searching by type isn't an option?

You can, actually - if you search for "type" you can find all pokemon of that type and if you search for "@type" you find pokemon with moves of that type.

Found an overview of the search commands, it's only missing "lucky" and "mythical".

Congrats on your Pichu with a hat! I have hatched only one Pichu ever :lol: 

And wow, so many shinies, @Jet Raptor!

15 hours ago, Jet Raptor said:

I think some people here are going to...low-key loathe me for this, but...I got these two yesterday and today respectively. Shuppet actually has good IVs.  \o/  Usually my shinies have terrible IVs.

shinyDrifloon01.pngshinyShuppet01.png

Congrats on these two! I wish I could have a shiny Drifloon at least, but no luck for me, and the event is ending today. :( Hopefully Drifloon will spawn normally every now and then so that I can catch one at some point.

6 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

You can, actually - if you search for "type" you can find all pokemon of that type and if you search for "@type" you find pokemon with moves of that type.

Found an overview of the search commands, it's only missing "lucky" and "mythical".

Congrats on your Pichu with a hat! I have hatched only one Pichu ever :lol: 

And wow, so many shinies, @Jet Raptor!

The search is way more robust than I expected - thank you! This is the kind of stuff I wish the game told me in the tutorial!

Yup, you can/ I hatched an Ash-Hat pichu once. So cute. You can also hatch shinies too! :D

CRY I never did find a shiny bloon ;u; I am SAD. Hopefully they keep spawning generally and someday I'll find one ;u;

Today was a good day - did two Shinx raids (after not seeing one for weeks now) and caught a Giratina! Also got the Shedinja from breakthrough, though it's a bit lame how they implemented it... Now, if I could get my hands on a shiny Caterpie!

Guys, how do you like this whole new adventure thingy that rewards you poke balls and other useful things after you've walked several km a week? I think I'm diggin' it! Hopefully I'll be receiving an incubator every now and then because I can never have enough of those, mostly I'm stuck with the one we all have for infinite uses.

3 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Guys, how do you like this whole new adventure thingy that rewards you poke balls and other useful things after you've walked several km a week? I think I'm diggin' it! Hopefully I'll be receiving an incubator every now and then because I can never have enough of those, mostly I'm stuck with the one we all have for infinite uses. 

So far I'm liking it.  I will definitely like not having the have the app open to make progress on eggs and candy.  I have a long way to go for my shinx, and I need every advantage I can get.

I use the coins I get from gym holding to get incubators, or sometimes I save them enough to get one of the boxes that has a bunch of incubators.

Edit:

I got this guy today!

BF7EC871-DF44-4584-9486-59F052243D5F.png

Edited by Nectaris

I got two shiny Pinsirs today! I'd also LOVE to get at least one shiny Caterpie so I can have a shiny Butterfree, but wouldn't you know, a formerly common Pidgey is nowhere to be found when you need to evolve a couple! 

@Nectaris I usually buy incubators from poke coins too, but these days I'm saving up for more pokemon storage because it's just a matter of time before the second wave of gen4 pokemon is released and I want to make sure I have enough space for those. :wub: 

I'll be going someplace where I can play Go today! I live in a place where Pokemon never spawn, I need incense to get them to appear, so it's always exciting to go places where I can find lots of them! Fingers crossed for a shiny

27 minutes ago, KrazyKarp said:

I'll be going someplace where I can play Go today! I live in a place where Pokemon never spawn, I need incense to get them to appear, so it's always exciting to go places where I can find lots of them! Fingers crossed for a shiny

Good luck! Keep an eye out on Pinsirs, they're the most recent shinies and are spawning like crazy! Also Caterpies. :D 

No shiny Pinsir for me (yet), even though they are spawning so commonly right now. However, I was able to participate in the Gengar raid day in the end and the very first one turned out to be shiny! I didn't even notice at first because the colours are the same basically. :lol: 

Good luck everyone on their shiny hunt!

As soon as you remove shinies from your mind, they appear. Both of those shiny ghosties appeared when I looked away from the screen. If you look for shinies, they'll stay away from you.  |D

I'd really like a shiny Aron and Houndour. Those are two of my favourites. But I'll take any shinies I can get.

So far I like the Adventure sync thing, though I may only be saying that because it gave me something like 20 Pokeballs when I only had 7 or 8 left. I'd like more incubators, too. Incubators, box upgrades, and bag upgrades are the only things I've ever spent coins on.

Wow I actually found a shiny Pinsir! I wanted shiny Caterpie but I won't complain haha. I only have one other shiny, a Lairon, so I'm happy I was able to find a second one.

I changed my phone contract yesterday to have more data volume.

For years what I had was enough but since I started Pokemon Go I ran out soooo quickly each month and couldn't play anymore when there wasn't wifi available. (Germany is a horrible place when it comes to internet connection).

Now I actually have 14 times as much data per month. Hope it's going to be enough 😂

Okay, I used to have 106 friends in pokemon go... now I have 134. Dang it, it will take me FOREVER to send gifts to everyone! Thank God I play a lot so it's not that impossible.

Anyway, I've seen a Drifloon today randomly so they're not completely gone... I'll be able to get my first Shedinja tomorrow, but I'm stuggling to find Pidgeys to evolve for the Caterpie task. What is it with those birds?! :blink: 

I have only 30 friends so far and I'm quite content with that number right now. :D

Got my forst Shedinja this morning! It's rather weak, but was still a pain to catch, especially because my internet connection was.

Looking SO forward to community day! The first community day I'll be able to be out playing the entire time *__*

I'm thinking about getting a new phone for Christmas, and I'm trying to find a cheaper one that will still happily play pokemon go :P No pokemon go is a dealbreaker!

Haven't got my shedinja yet, working a lot ;u; At least there are still some floons around, I hold out hope!

I'm moving soon, and I will be close to downtown, where the lion-share of the pokestops are.  Also, there is actually a spawn point right where my house is.  Right now, there is a spot at the end of the street, and a spot in the neighbor's yard, but nothing I can check from my home.

Also got my shedinja today.  I'm a bit frustrated that I can't find the nincada task for anything. 

I got my Shedinja too, but as its IVs are not exactly what I had hoped for I can't wait to obtain another, hopefully with better ones. Also I got lucky earlier this morning because I caught a hella awesome shiny Ponita with the blue mane, I was blown away!

On 11/3/2018 at 8:44 AM, Nectaris said:

So far I'm liking it.  I will definitely like not having the have the app open to make progress on eggs and candy.  I have a long way to go for my shinx, and I need every advantage I can get.

I use the coins I get from gym holding to get incubators, or sometimes I save them enough to get one of the boxes that has a bunch of incubators.

Edit:

I got this guy today!

Is it still necessary to have the app open in the background or does it count steps like some fitness apps do, where even if you completely close the app it'll keep counting?

4 hours ago, Camilo543HF said:

Is it still necessary to have the app open in the background or does it count steps like some fitness apps do, where even if you completely close the app it'll keep counting?

I'm not entirely certain to be honest.  Though it does read input from at least two of the fitness apps, I know mine reads from Apple Health, I know there is another one, but I don't remember which.

Edited by Nectaris

4 hours ago, Camilo543HF said:

You have to have Pokemon Go COMPLETELY closed for the fitness tracker to work. Even having Pogo opened in the background will override the fitness tracker.

As of now, it only reads the input from Google Fit and Apple Health. If you have other apps connected to Google Fit (like Fitbit), it WON'T read their input because it considers that manual input. TheSilphroad have more information about it.

@*Silver Fox* Congrats on your shiny Ponyta! I'm so jealous, I like it so much I even have a cheated one in Pokemon Diamond. :P 

Edited by Chococat0815

I finally got my first shiny in Pokemon GO!  Right when I got to work I saw a bunch of Ponyta around, and on the second I found that the Ponyta had a blue mane.  :D  I was so excited and it really made my day.

Edited by Lightstorm12000