Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

1 hour ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

I finally got my first shiny in Pokemon GO!  Right when I got to work I saw a bunch of Ponyta around, and on the second I found that the Ponyta had a blue mane.  :D  I was so excited and it really made my day.

Congrats!! I have walked 25km, checked 194 of them and still no luck lol

On 11/3/2018 at 4:35 AM, *Silver Fox* said:

Guys, how do you like this whole new adventure thingy that rewards you poke balls and other useful things after you've walked several km a week? I think I'm diggin' it! Hopefully I'll be receiving an incubator every now and then because I can never have enough of those, mostly I'm stuck with the one we all have for infinite uses.

I love getting a hefty haul of prizes on the weekend, right when I'm running out of Poke Balls. I feel like I'm cheated out of egg/candy progress whenever I walk while Go isn't open. I keep the game on all the time, so yesterday I crawled through traffic, which counted as having walked a couple of kilometers, so THAT feels like cheating. XD

51 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

I love getting a hefty haul of prizes on the weekend, right when I'm running out of Poke Balls. I feel like I'm cheated out of egg/candy progress whenever I walk while Go isn't open. I keep the game on all the time, so yesterday I crawled through traffic, which counted as having walked a couple of kilometers, so THAT feels like cheating. XD

Start using Apple Health or Google Fit.  I have actually been keeping PoGo OFF more lately because I find my steps seem to be FAR more accurate than what the GPS reads.  I have been hatching a good number more eggs than I have been because it counts when I walk a little, but not enough to register with GPS. 

Edited by Nectaris

I don't need more pokeballs and prizes, my bag is full all the time 😧

I can't accept all the gifts I receive XD and I already bought several bag upgrades so I can store 450 items now XD

Love the feature as well, even though currently I'm neither playing the game nor walking a lot. But counting even every little step is already much better than nothing :lol: 

@Gluria I don't need the items as well but for the 50km reward you may get a 10km with a guaranteed Shinx or Riolu!

Found and beat a Buizel raid today.  I wasn't even aware that they were released yet, I haven't seen any in the wild.

I forgot my phone has a Health app... PoGo seems to count my distance all right, even updating hundredths of a kilometer, just after a delay. But since the app closes frequently (for some reason), I think Apple Health covers some of my distance/steps anyway.

Spotted three gyms today with Buizel defending. Showoffs!

On 11/8/2018 at 9:37 AM, Chococat0815 said:

Love the feature as well, even though currently I'm neither playing the game nor walking a lot. But counting even every little step is already much better than nothing :lol: 

@Gluria I don't need the items as well but for the 50km reward you may get a 10km with a guaranteed Shinx or Riolu!

I need to kick my peach off of walking tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, I never reached 50km!

16 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

I forgot my phone has a Health app... PoGo seems to count my distance all right, even updating hundredths of a kilometer, just after a delay. But since the app closes frequently (for some reason), I think Apple Health covers some of my distance/steps anyway.

Spotted three gyms today with Buizel defending. Showoffs!

Yours is randomly closing too? I thought it was just mine. No one else in the village is having the same issue locally.... maybe they just don't have the adventure turned on

I reported it as an ongoing issue. Hope they fix it soon.

11 minutes ago, Okarnill said:

Yours is randomly closing too? I thought it was just mine. No one else in the village is having the same issue locally.... maybe they just don't have the adventure turned on

I reported it as an ongoing issue. Hope they fix it soon.

Yeah, I couldn't figure out if there was a pattern to what screens or what action I'm taking that it closes on. I assumed other players were just quietly reporting and waiting it out.

It started on gyms for me, every time I went to battle, or went to go back in it shut down. Now it seems to be random, tho scrolling through my friends list is pretty much guarenteed to have the app slam shut. Sigh. We're always waiting it out!!

Happy Community Day for tomorrow guys. Where's everyone going to be playing? I am not at my usual haunt of our local county town Castle mound (medieval castle remains) but going to London. This should be...interesting!  May the Shinies be ever in your Favour!

1 hour ago, Okarnill said:

Happy Community Day for tomorrow guys. Where's everyone going to be playing? I am not at my usual haunt of our local county town Castle mound (medieval castle remains) but going to London. This should be...interesting!  May the Shinies be ever in your Favour!

Oh crud it's tomorrow, I thought it was going to be on Sunday. Why you gotta do them while I work, pokemon go ;u;

I'm going into town, "central park" (or something) and inner city. There's lots of stops, arenas and other players. And I will be playing all the time! :)

I will most likely hunt at the Sister's Park at the hospital where I work. There is a cluster of seven stops that are very easy to walk to, so it makes nice cluster spawns.  Sometimes, I will head to the nearby church to let that area refresh, there are four stops there.  If I have bad luck there, I might head to Spring Lake Park or downtown.

I'm not sure if I'm going to go to one of the downtown parks where there's usually clusters of gyms and pokestops and other players or not, but I'm definitely looking forward to getting out and about tomorrow with the bonuses! 

It's already over here in Germany ;______;

But I was very successful, evolved two Cyndaquil all the way to Typhlosion, one of them a Shiny, and the regular one was very strong with good IV.

Happy ^^

The community day event will start right when I'm at work.  Just like all but one of the others.  I was only able take part in the Mareep event months ago and haven't been able to since.  I really wish they would either start earlier, and/or last more than just a few hours.

I ended up with three shinies this time.  All with terrible IVs, but one was female, which makes my first female shiny starter.

Congrats to all, glad you got the shinies. I had a slow start as missed over an hour due to family commitments. London was...interesting. By the time I could play I daren't get back on the underground or I wouldn't have a signal, ended up playing in Finsbury Park. Managed five shinies and one shiny Minun!

Then I went into the centre of London, and since it was one of the filthiest, wettest days of the year, I took shelter in a doorway and took this gym down.... Within seconds another five arrived! This is the theatre I took. Wish I'd had time and funds to go watch it!

Pokemon community day theatre.jpg

Pokemon community day full team.jpg

Pokemon community day theatre in rain.jpg

No shiny for me :( I tried. I really wish community days were longer. Stinks for people who work.

I had a successful PoGO community day, not only did I have the whole 3 hours to hunt I ended up with 9 shiny Cyndaquil! I evolved one into a Quilava and another all the way to Typhlosion so I'm pretty happy with what I got.

Successful CD for me as well, although I played only during the last hour, I was able to get four shinies. One of the parks I went to was a Ponyta nest but unfortunately, no shiny luck there.

I didn't take part in the CD, only caught a few Cyndaquil from home, no shinies but I'm not that upset. I took down a Buizel today so I'm happy for the brand new pokedex entry. 

By the way, don't know if I'd mentioned it before, but earlier this week I met up with other trainers for a Deoxys raid (wonderful IVs, caught on the first throw, plus it was a pokedex entry), and later I had to Giratina raids - the first one escaped but I got the second one and it's a 100IV Giratina! 😮 

I did manage to get a Buizel while I was out, so that was nice, but sad about no shiny :( They still pop up (I caught a shiny eevee outside community day) so maybe someday.