Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

3 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

No shiny Beldum for me as I wasn't able to play this weekend. I hope I find someone who'll trade me one :P 

Did the Gen4 pokemon practically disappear for everybody else as well? There's a Bidoof or the common bird from time to time but no starters at all. I still need candies to evolve them.

They have disappeared for me as well(except for bidoof).  I just need one more piplup to get an empoleon, but I haven't seen one since Saturday. 

Got three shiny beldum! Which is a miracle because I worked for most of community day.

Was in my first ex raid today and caught a Deoxys!

Also won a Mewtwo raid, but sadly couldn't catch it. Duh! :(

Nevermind the disappearance of the starters, the Halloween event is going to start in a few hours! :P 

So hyped for it, especially since there's going to be another special research!

@Gluria Oh no, that sucks. =/ Congrats on your Deoxys though!

I've seen a Piplup today, so they didn't disappear completely.

Thanks!

My laptop display died on me yesterday and I haven't yet heard back from the repair service whether it can be repaired and what it will cost. Really sucks since I also need a new car and all my savings are gone now.

I need my laptop, and it's Halloween in DC! :(

Barely into the Halloween event and I am loving it so far!  Already have enough candies to evolve a drifloon.

108 berries though, that's a doozie.  I don't think I even have that many berries on me anymore, not counting gold razz and silver pinaps.

I am kind of surprised that the ghost evolutions weren't released, like mismagius, and dusklops' evolution(I forget the name).  Oh well, this will give me the opportunity to get enough duskull candies.

Edited by Nectaris

10 hours ago, Gluria said:

I've seen a Piplup today, so they didn't disappear completely.

Thanks!

My laptop display died on me yesterday and I haven't yet heard back from the repair service whether it can be repaired and what it will cost. Really sucks since I also need a new car and all my savings are gone now.

I need my laptop, and it's Halloween in DC! :(

careful with that. I got cheated out of my laptop once for the same problem and I also had to pay them for their 'services' and ended up being tricked into giving them my laptop because they said it was corrupted. Only the display stopped working. They couldn't even give me my files. I lost so much. 

yeah, there's still plenty of Turtwings around me. Also, you can hatched them out of 5km eggs. I hatched a Chimchar the other day. gave me enough candy to make him a Monferno. lol. I'm so happy we have Spiritomb and Giratina of all legends! I'm so happy. I reeeeeeeeeeeeally hope we get him with a shiny form. His shiny is so amazing! The tan and the blue color is amazing! :wub: 

48 minutes ago, Syiren said:

careful with that. I got cheated out of my laptop once for the same problem and I also had to pay them for their 'services' and ended up being tricked into giving them my laptop because they said it was corrupted. Only the display stopped working. They couldn't even give me my files. I lost so much.

I worry about some files (most of them I have on another drive though) in case the laptop needs resetting, but the repair shop is good and has been around for a very long time (way more than ten years), they have a reputation to lose and know what they're doing.

I hope for the best. ^^"

And since I'm on vacation this week, I have a lot of time to play Pokemon Go while my laptop is away.

I managed to catch a Shiny Beldum the other day. I wish Legendary Pokemon were wild spawns and not raid battle spawns because I can't get close to a gym to get them

13 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Barely into the Halloween event and I am loving it so far!  Already have enough candies to evolve a drifloon.

108 berries though, that's a doozie.  I don't think I even have that many berries on me anymore, not counting gold razz and silver pinaps.

I am kind of surprised that the ghost evolutions weren't released, like mismagius, and dusklops' evolution(I forget the name).  Oh well, this will give me the opportunity to get enough duskull candies.

Wait 'til you reach the next task - catch 108 pokemon! That is easier, though, but I don't know when I will have the time to spin 8 pokestops I never visited before. :dry:

Four new pokedex entries for today - Drifloon, Drifblim, Stunky and Skunktank! :wub: 

18 minutes ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Wait 'til you reach the next task - catch 108 pokemon! That is easier, though, but I don't know when I will have the time to spin 8 pokestops I never visited before. :dry:

Four new pokedex entries for today - Drifloon, Drifblim, Stunky and Skunktank! :wub: 

Oh man :wacko: Let's see if I ever finish the first part, I only have around 40 berries on me. Gotta hit the town and get some more items. I haven't gotten any Stunky yet, although they've been popping in the nearby. 

3 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Yeah I am at that task now.  Thankfully I know where several poke stops are that I have never been to.  

As for the new mons, I have enough candies to evolve drifloon three times over, but can’t find a breathtaking one.  I have only caught one stunky,  I see them nearby, but they are never where I am when I can go there.

Wow, 108 Pokemon? I am so glad I work at a university. I'll be flipping stops and catching for a while.

Did anyone manage to catch a Giratina yet? I spotted a few in raids but I was all by my lonesome.

Edited by Dirtytabs

I REALLY want a shiny drifloon, it's one of my favorite shinies of all time! Come to Kai!!

Is there any other way to get berries besides Pokestops? I'm running out an I'm going to fall short of the 108. 😕

1 hour ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Is there any other way to get berries besides Pokestops? I'm running out an I'm going to fall short of the 108. 😕

Open presents, some pinap berries could be in there. ;) 

Well, I caught Spiritomb. Mine is a breathtaking female, and I'm a bit bummed that this pokemon was a part of a special research task because once you do them that's it, and I really want my girl to have a  mate. :( 

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Open presents, some pinap berries could be in there. ;) 

Well, I caught Spiritomb. Mine is a breathtaking female, and I'm a bit bummed that this pokemon was a part of a special research task because once you do them that's it, and I really want my girl to have a  mate. :(  

I'm hoping that it will also have a regular release and/or raid exclusive and that this was just a fun way for everyone to get a chance to get one for a special holiday.  Especially given that this is an event that is seasonal(at least I heard it is).

Anyways, got the 108 mons, I just need to get the stops.  I don't have the time to drive around this evening, maybe tomorrow.  This weekend I will, if I don't tomorrow.  Aaand my spiritomb isn't breathtaking.  I'm really hoping that they are available later.

Edited by Nectaris

How are you guys getting Spiritomb? I've not seen one yet spawn around me yet

30 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

How are you guys getting Spiritomb? I've not seen one yet spawn around me yet

It's the spooky research quest reward.

I am still having problems with a excellent curveball throw, make three new friends ... the halloween one I think I will be able to finish.

Edited by Gruff

2 hours ago, Kaini said:

It's the spooky research quest reward.

Welp, I guess Spiritomb is one Pokémon I have to add to the list of "Pokemon I can't get" 

Despite the wording of the event announcement, Niantic confirmed via twitter that the Halloween special research is NOT time-limited, so you can finish it anytime afterwards as well.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the special research system and for Spiritomb it makes sense, since there's also a special way to get it in the main games.

@Kaini love your Halloween outfit, I'm tempted to buy that stuff myself :lol:

Can't wait to arrange raiding with fellow players to go for Giratina! Seems relatively easy to defeat, but I'm still not sure about the catch rates, though.

I tapped that thing when I first saw it in a gym... man is it ugly. And it screams.

Found a raid today and managed to get Giratina!  I got it on the VERY last ball.  I was sure I wasn't going to get it as I had thrown badly and barely hit it.

@*Silver Fox*

I don't have much experience with it, but the people with me were saying that it is a beast to catch.  It went down real easy at least, though we had a very large group.

18 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

Despite the wording of the event announcement, Niantic confirmed via twitter that the Halloween special research is NOT time-limited, so you can finish it anytime afterwards as well.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the special research system and for Spiritomb it makes sense, since there's also a special way to get it in the main games.

@Kaini love your Halloween outfit, I'm tempted to buy that stuff myself :lol:

Agreed, the original way to get it in the game was also quite involved.

YES okay I caved and bought the Drifloon outfit, I could not RESIST. Now if I could just catch a shiny floony to have as a buddy, my life would be complete....