Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

@Nectaris Congratz!   My apartment is a Gym now :D   The Sport Center under it is accapted as a pokestop and then turned it to a Gym.  I am so happy, also 2 more pokestop nominations are accepted aswell. Received 4 mails out of 7 as a result of my last weeks nominations and 3 got accepted. I am building my own Pokestop and Gym empire around my neighborhood now haha, also have met with 3 more people  playing around me thanks to the pokestops and gyms I have got to be added. Waiting for more of my nominations to be accepted! I hope they never remove that option from our country. We are  all turning our city which was lacking pokestops and gyms in to Pokestop and Gym Heaven with our Whatsapp group. 

Btw, caught 3x Shiny Skarmories from the Regigigas event.  Havent got in to the Team Rocket quests since I am not really interested in the shadow pokemon much anymore. 

Edited by rayheart

I also got a new Pokestop right near my apartment! It's just out of reach for me though, I have to walk 10m out from the front door, but it's something! We also got a Pokemon spawn at my parents' place now, even though it's just our house and over 100m of plain fields to every direction, lol. Looks like that when there's enough players playing frequently enough, mons will spawn! 

1 hour ago, hedy said:

I also got a new Pokestop right near my apartment! It's just out of reach for me though, I have to walk 10m out from the front door, but it's something! We also got a Pokemon spawn at my parents' place now, even though it's just our house and over 100m of plain fields to every direction, lol. Looks like that when there's enough players playing frequently enough, mons will spawn! 

Yes , I believe the spawn rates change according to the players who plays around. If you  keep playing in a certain area , number of the spawns are getting higher after some weeks. I should play more around the new stops because they barely have spawns right now.

3 hours ago, rayheart said:

Yes , I believe the spawn rates change according to the players who plays around. If you  keep playing in a certain area , number of the spawns are getting higher after some weeks. I should play more around the new stops because they barely have spawns right now.

I don't know.  The spawn places were consistent for some time, I could place exactly where some mons were going to appear.  Then not long ago they suddenly shifted.  Places where they had spawned frequently now had only a mon or two, and this around a stop that was frequently played at.  Then a spawn spot was added at my parent's house that spawns four or five at a time.  I am the only one active there, they have a large property and the spawns are not reachable from the road.  And because they didn't have any spawns there previously, I never played except to hatch eggs.  And at my own house on the corner, spawns decreased significantly despite me playing often because there were mons available. 

Edited by Nectaris

1 hour ago, Nectaris said:

I don't know.  The spawn places were consistent for some time, I could place exactly where some mons were going to appear.  Then not long ago they suddenly shifted.  Places where they had spawned frequently now had only a mon or two, and this around a stop that was frequently played at.  Then a spawn spot was added at my parent's house that spawns four or five at a time.  I am the only one active there, they have a large property and the spawns are not reachable from the road.  And because they didn't have any spawns there previously, I never played except to hatch eggs.  And at my own house on the corner, spawns decreased significantly despite me playing often because there were mons available. 

Thats because Niantic changed  the spawn points like a month ago , but playing constantly at specific places trigger new spawns. I used to have 3-4 mons spawning where I sit and check forums here hehe but now I have 0 because I generally log on have a look and then close app. I used to leave my character on and use incenses sometimes and I had 1 mon  that time then it became 3 spawns after some months later. My friend nominated a mosque as a pokestop next to his house where no stops are close and it got like 15 spawns around it and he says he  has been  spinning the stop everyday alot. I dont know its not 100% certain about spawns being triggered or not because of playing , but surely they change .

Congrats @Nectaris!
I don't have this one yet, but I do have TWO shiny Groudon :D

How was your community day? Mine was short, as I was so cold after 1,5 hours that I went home to warm myself up. I got a few strong Chimchar and evolved one, but I had little luck in shinies today: just a few and all of them with very bad IV.
I have a lot of candy left but as I'm not a big fan of the Chimchar evolution series I haven't leveled up my one Infernape yet.

Congrats on the shiny Kyogre!

I had a great community day: I catched 12 shiny Chimchar, albeit most of them with really crappy stats. I only kept 4 and evolved the two better ones to Monferno and Infernape respectively... just to have them. But I evolved a 98% Monferno I already had, to a very good Infernape. :) And after community day was over I got two Galar-Weezing from raids. :D

Also caught a shiny Swablo, but again with crappy stats. 😣

I generally was quite lucky with shinies the last two weeks; got an Ekans, a Meowth, two Koffing and a Skarmory.

Edit: Caught a shiny Shellder on my evening round. :D

Edited by Idril

Thanks!  I ended up getting three shiny chimchars, which is exactly what I aim for.  I prefer to have as few extras as possible.  Unfortunately none had good stats though.

Expect for a Torterra from community day and a Sunkern, all my shinies I caught in the wild have bad IV.

Those I got from eggs or raids are better...

btw, just purified a Shadow-Porygon and it turned out 100%. :D

That's the 4th 100% I got from shadow-pokemon.

Today is a very good pokemon-day. :)

I got 3 shiny Chimchar, and one Galarian Weezing, which is fine by me!

I caught 1 shiny Chimchar today and It was literally the 1st I clicked today when the event started.....didn't see another after that though.

i also got a shiny Kyogre from my research the other day, while I'm ok with it being shiny I would have prefered a Groudon, Moltres or Articuno as I already had Kyogre and shinies are just eh to me, like I'll take em but I don't care to much lol.

I got another shiny Groudin from breakthrough to day. That makes two in a row and overall my third one 😱😂

Overslept so only went out for the CD in the last hour and managed to get 2 shiny, and one (normal) 100% Chimchar to evolve. Glad it was worth cos been coughing a lot more since then. Stupidly cold these days to play and unfortunately no pokestops/gyms in range since I live in rural region :(

No shiny Chimchar for me.  I had to work yesterday and, of course, I wasn't even able to look at my phone since the manager that's cracking down on that was there.  T-T

The EX Raid went well, lots and lots of people were there, and I didn't need to stay the whole hour.  I caught the regigigas, which had much better IVs than the one I got from the event.

I managed to defeat one of the Rocket bosses, Cliff, today. I think he is the easiest one.

I'll wait a while for the other two, I need some better fighting pokemon first....

And I got a 100% Medicham from a 3* raid today. :D

Edited by Idril

...and I got a shiny moltres today!  I already had one though.  Maybe someone out there will be willing to trade for it.

Dang. I've been after that Purple whale like Captain Ahab hunting for Moby Dick! I wish long distance trades were a thing. I'd happily trade my extra shiny Groudon for either a Shiny Kyogre or Shiny Lugia. 

Congrats on your shiny catch!

Edited by Syiren

Finally got  a new phone and can play Go again. Just wish these new research tasks didn't require battling trainers (my friends no longer play, and I have no time to visit parks or find random people to challnege).

I haven't played that much lately. I still enjoy the Rocket battles a lot, I even got a purified hundo Larvitar out of one the other day! And I managed to beat Giovanni in time to get the shadow Articuno.

However, my biggest surprise was this beauty:

I've been after this shiny for some time now :wub: 

Screenshot_20191122-203917.png

Barely into the event and I got a shiny horsea!  I left it as a seadra as I don't care for kingdra(but I like seadra) and the IVs are poor.

Also, I FINALLY got a yellow burmy.  All of them but the pink are exceedingly rare here.

Edited by Nectaris