Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Yes! I finally got a Tepig today.....my 1st one and from an egg, those damn things never even appear on my nearby thing while the other 2 starters do >.<

44 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

Yes! I finally got a Tepig today.....my 1st one and from an egg, those damn things never even appear on my nearby thing while the other 2 starters do >.<

Congrats!  For me it is oshawott that never appears.  Tepig and snivy occur occasionally, and close to their release the local park was a tepig nest.  Oshawott though I relied almost exclusively on eggs to get and was only able to evolve one all the way a few days ago.

4 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Congrats!  For me it is oshawott that never appears.  Tepig and snivy occur occasionally, and close to their release the local park was a tepig nest.  Oshawott though I relied almost exclusively on eggs to get and was only able to evolve one all the way a few days ago.

I have also been getting Snivy and Tepig exclusively from eggs. For Oshawott on the other hand I had a nest at my mom's on christmas, so now I have enough candy to get it's 3rd evolution, whatever it is called

Snivy has never been a problem, though, to be honest, the grass type starters are all easy to find here.  The fire starters including Tepig appear occasionally, though not very often.  However, I don't live near water so I almost never see the water type starters.  Maybe on rainy days, but even then that doesn't mean I'll see them.  As for Oshawott, I've seen it on the "Nearby" maybe twice, but I've never actually caught one.

Since were all comparing since my Tepig post, I see at least 1 Snivy a day when out with my dog so I guess that means their nesting there? so they are easy to get Oshawott spawns now and then and is nearby daily but then Tepig never spawns despite being nearby quite often....odd how these things work lol

But anyway onto todays highlight and I had a good-ish day today, did 3 Heatran raids and actually managed to get one of them (I can never seem to catch 5* raid mons) then one of the guys I raided with helped me with the excellent curveball as I'm terrible at them so have been stuck on it for 2 months now or so and It meant I can finally get my Mew ^_^....just need Moltres and Mewtwo now and I have a complete living Kanto dex.

2 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

Since were all comparing since my Tepig post, I see at least 1 Snivy a day when out with my dog so I guess that means their nesting there? so they are easy to get Oshawott spawns now and then and is nearby daily but then Tepig never spawns despite being nearby quite often....odd how these things work lol

A nest is an area where certain pokemon spawn frequently.  If it is only one, I doubt it is a nest.  One of the parks nearby is a nest, it changes every few weeks.  You can tell you have hit a nest when you find a bunch of a certain pokemon spawning in an area, particularly if it is a mon that rarely shows up(like once it was corphish, a mon that is rare here outside of events).  When tepig were nesting there, there were tepigs popping up like daisies. 

Anyways, I managed to hatch a gollett yesterday.  First one I have gotten, I didn't even get one during the Halloween event.  Now I just need cryogonal and deino for gen5 mons(outside of regionals and legendaries).

And more Unova mons are here!  They also introduced trade evolutions, which I am VERY thankful that they didn't make them mandatory like in the games proper.  Gotten a handful of the new ones so far.

Also seems like they adjusted the rarity of the starters, they are all appearing a lot more now lately.

Edited by Nectaris

So I spent 3-ish hours out today and caught nothing new lol....typical i guess, did see some Venipede and Sawk in gyms though so that's something, not seen a Throh in a gym etc yet so maybe their regionals?

Tbh only one I'm hunting for is Timburr....I do really like Conkeldurr :p 

On 1/11/2020 at 11:27 PM, smokeytripod said:

So I spent 3-ish hours out today and caught nothing new lol....typical i guess, did see some Venipede and Sawk in gyms though so that's something, not seen a Throh in a gym etc yet so maybe their regionals?

From what I've heard, they are indeed regionals, with Sawk being in Europe and Throh in the US (maybe both appear in additional places as well). From the new 'mons, I hatched a Trubbish today! And I collected 8 10km eggs, which I am all going to hatch on Sunday's community day.

Edited by Loebok

I found a tirtouga today!  It is one of the two mons I really like from this group, the other being axew(which I don't have yet).

Shiny party-hat Wurmple wooo! Makes up for only 1 charge TM from 7 Heatran raids yesterday

13 hours ago, BlueLatios said:

Shiny party-hat Wurmple wooo! Makes up for only 1 charge TM from 7 Heatran raids yesterday

Congrats!  My shiny luck has completely dried up. 

Have had some good luck hatching the new mons.  Got two trubbish, and with the hatchathon had enough candy to evolve one.  Also got a cute little joltick.

Well I finally got far enough in my copy of Lets Go to finally get the Meltan box to start catching them/ get a Melmetal :p other then that I had 9 eggs hatch today...every single one was an Oshawott so thats a thing, still not even got enough to get its final stage despite that lol

Despite the advantage of 1/4 hatch distance, no shinies from them. At least the Incubators were put to good use.

Closest to the best Piplup was one bar away from perfect IVs, maybe another time, then :)

I hatched 10 10km eggs with the 1/4 distance today and it was quite disappointing. Only decent ones were a Cranidos and Riolu, other than that I got 2 Feebas', 4 Shielgon, a Mawile and something I forgot. For Piplups I got a 96% one and a 98% Lucky from trading later, so at least I was kind of succesful in that regard.

I got 2 shiny Piplups today, both are trash stat-wise but still....really only caught them for an hour or so since I've already got a close to 100% Empoleon and didn't care much for evolving one for hydro cannon, do have a ton of candy to power my one up though :p

I got three shiny piplups, but man this time was rough.  It took almost all three hours to get all three, and I had actually given up when I found the last one at the store.

Had... mediocre hatchings.  I got a throh with good stats, and a karablast, which had been teasing me.  I also got a timburr in a raid.

Apparently we are voting for the next community day mon.  Two of them already have shinies... bleh.  I REALLY hope that either rhyhorn or vulpix make it as I don't care about the CD moves much.

See with the next CD shiny I'd prefer Rhyhorn the most, but I imagine Vulpix will win since I'm pretty sure a lot of people adore that thing....

i also wouldn't say no to Machop since I'd quite like a shiny Machamp lol

3 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

See with the next CD shiny I'd prefer Rhyhorn the most, but I imagine Vulpix will win since I'm pretty sure a lot of people adore that thing....

i also wouldn't say no to Machop since I'd quite like a shiny Machamp lol

It already can be shiny though(I have one) so it wouldn’t be adding a shiny to the game, which is what is bothering me about this.

Edited by Nectaris

5 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

It already can be shiny though(I have one) so it wouldn’t be adding a shiny to the game, which is what is bothering me about this.

Oh I know it can be shiny I'm just not lucky finding shinies I actually want so i'd take him in a community day just to up my chances of actually seeing one :3

So.....has anyone actually gotten a Darumaka yet? me and the few people at work who also play don't have one yet so just curious lol

6 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

So.....has anyone actually gotten a Darumaka yet? me and the few people at work who also play don't have one yet so just curious lol

I got one.  You can hatch them from 7km eggs.  I have not seen them in the wild at all, so I am unsure if they can appear, or are just very rare.

16 hours ago, Nectaris said:

I got one.  You can hatch them from 7km eggs.  I have not seen them in the wild at all, so I am unsure if they can appear, or are just very rare.

Ah so they do exist at least lol, I've not seen a wild one and I've hatched around 20-25 7km eggs over the last few days and not gotten a single one....and between me and the guys at work who also play (there's 8 of us now) we've hatched around 200 eggs and no one has gotten it yet....so yeah he seems a bit rarer then normal but at least I got confirmation he exists >.<

Also unrelated but as of the update I got yesterday I've noticed that a bunch of gyms keep disappearing and reappearing , like where I know there's a gym it will suddenly be gone but then if I close out PoGo and reopen it the gym is suddenly back....dunno if anyone else has seen that.

Edited by smokeytripod