Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Bit sad Abra day was postponed but at this point I totally get it.....not gonna say no to all those practically free incense though lol.

Also is there an event going on today? I ask because I've seen nothing but Meditite, Machop and Makuhita all day and it's kinda bugging me now but everyone I ask has no idea lol.

Not sure about those three pokemon specifically but Niantic increased the spawn rates of all wild pokemon, added more areas for pokemon to spawn in, and halved all egg distances for those put into incubators as of yesterday's announcement while all of this goes on. It's, I guess, supposed to make it easier to play the game while staying at home/minimizing time outside.

8 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

Also is there an event going on today? I ask because I've seen nothing but Meditite, Machop and Makuhita all day and it's kinda bugging me now but everyone I ask has no idea lol.

Me too, though here there are more mankey than machop.

Yeah, there's a weekend event happening to celebrate the launch of season 1 in the Go Battle League. Fighting-types have higher spawn rates until Monday and Timburr's shiny has been released.

Fighting type spawns are nice. The event has some decent shiny potential. Red Meditites, green Makey and the yellowish tan Timburr.

meanwhile I'm still hunting for that ever elusive Axew. 

oof. come to me my little dragon friend.

21 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

So many mons that can be shiny yet I've not seen a single one lolXD

Well 21hrs or so after I posted this I scored a shiny Mankey :D 

(Editing my post wasn't working so i double posted lol)

And I ended up with a shiny Mankey too! 

Also the EX raid went well, I was worried that this time especially with the virus scare, that few people would show up.

Noice on getting the EX raid done, not very many are raiding at all around here due to the virus now....hell not many are even taking gyms in general anymore it seems since I've held some very active gyms for a week or so now :/

Also I'm finally having some shiny luck it seems...I caught a shiny Psyduck just before I clocked in for work, that's like 3 shinies in the last week lol.

Not sure what makes me happier, the shiny machop and mankey I got last night or hatching two 100% pokemon from eggs. 

So something is definitely wrong here, I just got a shiny Meditite while walking my dog lol....if I can get shiny Makuhita, Machop and Timburr (these never even appear lol) then I'll have all the shiny fighting types that are spawning lol.

I recently unearthed a Shiny Machamp that I had caught ages ago on my Sapphire version, so I don't need a Shiny Machop, but I would love to find a shiny of any of the others that are currently spawning.  No luck so far though.  😕

Edited by Lightstorm12000

I am very confused. 
Shinies are meant to be rare, yes?
Because I caught a Shiny Meditite as my third Pokémon, and my brother’s Bulbasaur is shiny as well.

Why do they seem to be so common?

I think it just has to do with individual luck, and how often you look.  I haven't found a shiny in months, but I also only check the game every so often, both because I've been working a lot (and have a boss that doesn't like it when our phones are out), and have a lot of other games to play when I'm off of work.

Well raid hour was cancelled today....annoying because some of us were planning on raiding today since raids are being ignored a lot now....

On 3/17/2020 at 3:21 PM, Camiuoo said:

I am very confused. 
Shinies are meant to be rare, yes?
Because I caught a Shiny Meditite as my third Pokémon, and my brother’s Bulbasaur is shiny as well.

Why do they seem to be so common?

They are rare since you have a 1/450 chance or so of seeing one but then if you check often enough you can get pretty lucky, like I got pretty lucky this week getting 4 shinies but before that I've seen I think 1 since Piplup community day....and I'm looking at PoGo for about 4 hours a day? or so lol

I had some play credit so I got the ticket for the special event starting later this week. Should be fun I hope?

I've been battling off the charts since you don't have to walk now. Honestly this is just how the game should be.

10 hours ago, Kaini said:

I had some play credit so I got the ticket for the special event starting later this week. Should be fun I hope?

I've been battling off the charts since you don't have to walk now. Honestly this is just how the game should be.

I got that ticket too since I've heard it will be mostly solo stuff this time round anyway unlike when it was for Regigigas, plus you can finish it at any time even after the event so yay lol.

Also been doing a bunch of battle league....and getting my butt kicked, might leave it a week or so for the more tryhardy players to rank up.

Well, looks like my streak of bad luck is over.  I started up the game to get my first catch of the day, a Lilipup and it turned out to be shiny!  Good morning to me!  XD

First Marowak raid I've done in a while and lo and behold I was rewarded with sparkles!

Screenshot_20200319-104615_Pokmon_GO.jpg

whoa, my phone takes bigger sized pics than I thought. whoops. ^^;

I caught a shiny Electrike today...I nearly ran from it too since I missed seeing the shiny sparkle and the way the light was on my phone almost made it look kinda normal lol

Oof

Anyone wanna friend each other? I got too many gifts and not enough friends to chuck them at.

1 hour ago, Camiuoo said:

Oof

Anyone wanna friend each other? I got too many gifts and not enough friends to chuck them at.

My codes in my signature if you wanna add me....I'm not to good at opening gifts since my bag is full most of the time lol but I throw out gifts a bunch if you want free stuff.

I also got the ticket for today's event and was insanely lucky while hunting for all the stuff that is required to finish the tasks. First, I got a shiny Nincada, then a shiny Totodile and last a shiny Sneasel (my 6th of those I believe). My Genesect turned out bad-ish in the end though, maybe it's going to be useful for Great League (which I doubt).

Edited by Loebok

I could have gotten a lot further on the event, but the game stopped loading for me at about noon and hasn't worked since. I can't get past the loading screen 😕