Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Unova is live!  I even got a shiny lillipup!  😁  I don't even have enough candies to evolve it yet, though I might keep it as a lillipup because it is just that darned cute!

I didn't get to hunt long, I got a handful of patrat, a few lillipup, and a pidove.  None of the starters yet.  Saw several other mons nearby, but didn't have time to get them.

Edited by Nectaris

I haven't played the Gen 5 games, so getting those pokemon has been so much fun so far, since they are all new to me :lol: 

I don't even know their names (in any languages, for that matter), so I can only describe them - I got the puppy, the kitty, the pidgeon, the hamster (?), the mole and the fire and water starters. I'm going to head out tomorrow to look for some more. I'd love to get the grass starter, it's the cutest of them!

Oh and I finally completed my Jirachi special research yesterday :wub: 

Edited by Chococat0815

The starters are Snivy (Grass), Tepig (Fire) and Oshawott (Water).  The puppy is Lillipup, the kitten is Purrloin, he pidgeon is Pidove, the "hamster" is Patrat and it's more based off of a young meerkat since that's what it's evolution Watchog is based off of; and the mole is Drillbur.  There's also Foongus out there as well, which took Voltorb's place as the fake item Pokeball.  Just putting that out there for reference.  :)

Edited by Lightstorm12000

YAY!!!  More Pokemon Go players!  How is everyone else doing with the Mewtwo raids so far this week?  How about any good catches on Community Day?

There're also three elemental monkeys: grass (Pansage), fire (Pansear), and water (Panpour), which are tied to region and will need Unova stones to evolve, a pair of gears (Klink), and a metal thorny seed (Ferroseed). That's all I've seen on my map.

I've joined one Mewtwo raid and let one Mewtwo escape. 😜

Edited by Dirtytabs

There is also blitzle, the zebra/horse.  I think litwick, a little candle, is supposed to be there too.

So far I have gotten a snivy and an oshawott.  I haven't even seen a silhouette of a tepig.  I managed to evolve a patrat, as well as a lillipup all the way.  I'm really not seeing that many gen 5 mons around, to be honest.

Edited by Nectaris

I cannot WAIT to get litwick it is one of my favorite pokemon of all time. I think it's only in eggs?

Darkrai is my other favorite, darkrai research when

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

Darkrai is my other favorite, darkrai research when

Yes, please. Omg. I want Darkrai research super bad. However, since Cresselia was only in raids (I believe?), I'm not holding my breath--it's likely they'll put Darkrai in raids to match. If they do, however, I hope it's for a good several weeks+raid hours.

Darkrai is considered a mythical, so it's more likely it will be a special research. At least, that's what I wish for! Maybe for Halloween.

Also, thanks everyone for writing out the names of the new pokemon. I'll try my best to remember them!

And I was able to find a Snivy (such a cute name btw), my next goal is to find blitzle :P

20 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

There're also three elemental monkeys: grass (Pansage), fire (Pansear), and water (Panpour), which are tied to region and will need Unova stones to evolve, a pair of gears (Klink), and a metal thorny seed (Ferroseed). That's all I've seen on my map.

I've joined one Mewtwo raid and let one Mewtwo escape. 😜

Nectaris:  There is also blitzle, the zebra/horse.  I think litwick, a little candle, is supposed to be there too.

So far I have gotten a snivy and an oshawott.  I haven't even seen a silhouette of a tepig.  I managed to evolve a patrat, as well as a lillipup all the way.  I'm really not seeing that many gen 5 mons around, to be honest.

I forgot that they were in as well.  XD  Most likely because I haven't even seen them yet.  Of course, I haven't seen Tepig or Oshawott yet either.

I caught a Pignite! Other than Lillipup, Patrat, and two Purrloin, that's the only gen 5 'mon I've managed to get to and catch.

It looks like they didn't wildly increase the spawn rate of the Unova mons, like they did for Sinnoh last year. I think there's still a fair number.

I've caught a Snivy and Tepig now (chased 'em as soon as they appeared on Nearby), though Oshawott has eluded me.

Finally caught the foongus that has been teasing me(always showing up when and where I can't get to it).  Hatched a tepig, which make one of all three starters.

It looks like they didn't wildly increase the spawn rate of the Unova mons, like they did for Sinnoh last year. I think there's still a fair number.

Eh, I wish they had found a middle ground.  I remember that as soon as the increase spawn rate stopped, I didn't see a piplup for a few months.  Even mudkip almost never show up outside of events.  Oddly enough totodile and squirtle show up frequently enough.  I still haven't seen a tepig in the wild(even as a silhouette), and we have been having sunny weather lately!

Edited by Nectaris

I swear sometimes this game just WANTS the weather to be a certain way.  It is raining today, so I thought it would be a great day to get water and electric mons.  Nope, it says it is cloudy.  Never mind me holding an umbrella in pouring rain and reporting the weather as inaccurate.  It changed briefly, but immediately reverted back to cloudy.

Edited by Nectaris

So the game's rocking for me right now - a shiny Dratini spawned at my home yesterday, also caught a hundo Patrat and today a shiny Barboach!

I've also seen the fire monkey and the mushroom thingy on the nearby but have yet to hunt them down.

Hatched a gibble!  Also caught a 100iv Sableye from a research task!

I completely missed the news that trapinch is going to be the next community day mon!  😄  Flygon is one of my favorite shinies!

Edited by Nectaris

I caught a second shiny lillipup today!  This one I evolved to Herdier.  If I get a third, then it will be evolved to a stoutland.

Congrats on your second shiny Lillipup and on your Gible!

I've had some luck myself - caught a shiny Manectric, hatched a shiny Kangashkan, hatched a 100iv Happiny and caught a 100iv Mr Mime (though I'm honestly not that excited about the latter one...).

I'm also looking forward to Trapinch community day, I really like that dragonfly plus it has a great shiny.

Congrats on the shiny Kangaskhan!  That was the one I wanted the most of the regionals.

It appears that spawn points have shifted.  At my parent's house(that I frequently visit), there used to be only two spawn points on their road, none of them reachable from within the house.  Now there appears to be one at the house itself.  Thankfully there is still a spawn point at my own house. Naturally though it happens after I move back to my house now that my AC is FINALLY fixed.  😝

Edited by Nectaris

I obtained my very first shundo yesterday: a Pichu hatched from an egg from a friend on holiday in Rome. Perhaps I should keep receiving and hatching Roman eggs.

Had a good PoGo day.  Hatched a good IV snivy, still need more candy though.  Earlier this week I found a tepig nest and got enough candies to evolve one fully.  Also got a shiny sunkern.  And finally, I finally found a klink raid I could do, and it had very good IVs.

Edited by Nectaris

Congrats everyone on their shinies!

I caught my fourth shiny zigzagoon... And I caught the evolution of the mole in the wild! Other than that, I'm not able to play that much anymore. I do hope that I will be able to find a shiny oddish this weekend :wub: 

Guess it's been a while since Ive not visited DC in a bit lol.

Things I've done recently involve getting a shiny Oddish today, getting a shiny Mr mime from the egg event that gave out the other regionals, finding a 2nd shiny Mudkip and swapping my team from yellow to red because theres more red gyms around lol

Woop, I hatched a shiny Kangaskhan today! Super exciting, since I haven't been able to play that lot lately. I've caught only a few of the Gen 5 mons, I really like Blitzle but I haven't been able to find one. I've only played a bit of Pokemon White, so I'm finally in the same boat with my mom when she's describing Pokemon to me XD Still I don't agree with her that Shinx looks like an elephant, though. 

20 hours ago, hedy said:

Woop, I hatched a shiny Kangaskhan today! Super exciting, since I haven't been able to play that lot lately. I've caught only a few of the Gen 5 mons, I really like Blitzle but I haven't been able to find one. I've only played a bit of Pokemon White, so I'm finally in the same boat with my mom when she's describing Pokemon to me XD Still I don't agree with her that Shinx looks like an elephant, though. 

An elephant?  It's supposed to be a lynx cub.  How did she get an elephant from that? XD

Edited by Lightstorm12000