Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I've caught a couple of Sandy Cloak Burmy (the yellow ones), but they weren't very good so I didn't keep them.  I haven't been able to find any of the Plant (green) or Trash (pink) Cloaks yet.  Oh.  And for those who don't know, make sure you have one female of each.  If it's a male, it doesn't matter which one it is since Mothim don't keep the cloaks like Wormadam.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

So today was good to me since I finally evolved my damn Feebas for that stupid quest step lol and I managed to catch some yellow Burmy, I only ever seem to see greens or pinks.

Also managed to get a Nidoking and Nidoqueen during the last event where Nidorans and other stuff were spawning more, just need Seaking now and I have a full non-legendary Kanto dex, would need Moltres, Articuno, Mewtwo and Mew for a 100% complete dex. 

Oh and speaking of Mew I did nearly finish my tasks for it since I only need an excellent curveball throw, I scored an excellent curveball on an Onix I saw but it oddly didn't count towards the task...I was furious lol.

Edit So I dont need to double post: A day after I initialy made this post I caught a shiny Gligar :D....he's trash statwise but still got one lol

Edited by smokeytripod

I am more than sure this event has boosted shiny rates. Last week I got a shiny Kyogre (a Kyogre!!) and some time before, a shiny Gligar. Today I got a shiny Snorunt.

Idk whether it's the game mechanics or not, but I'll take them XD

Edit: now a shiny Magnemite. It has got to be the event boosting the shiny rates

Edited by BlueLatios

Hatched a Klink yesterday, which gave me enough candy to FINALLY evolve one to a Kinklang.  I walked 417 kms with that thing.  Now on to gible.  At least that one I am starting with a lot more candy.

Also, managed to catch a shiny female pink burmy today!

On 12/9/2019 at 5:06 AM, BlueLatios said:

I am more than sure this event has boosted shiny rates. Last week I got a shiny Kyogre (a Kyogre!!) and some time before, a shiny Gligar. Today I got a shiny Snorunt.

Idk whether it's the game mechanics or not, but I'll take them XD

Edit: now a shiny Magnemite. It has got to be the event boosting the shiny rates

Meanwhile, I haven't caught a single shiny yet. XD

Congrats on all your catches though!

Thanks, Tiki! I find it odd when the event specifies you might get a chance for a shiny Pokemon, I end up finding shinies of others that's not the chance-boosted one. Such is the game of chance... I actually got a second shiny Gligar, like game, where's this shiny Burmy? >.>'

But yea, I'm so excited with the shinies I don't dare to evolve them yet XD none have good IVs, not even an above 1-star appraisal rating, except one. Surprisingly, only Kyogre get the decent stats, but Kyogre won't take my crabby Kingler's Water damager spot in 1v1 battles :v

Edited by BlueLatios

I didn't take part in the event, I was busy, and I didn't need any shinies other than a slakoth.  Well, I ended up getting a shiny slakoth(just what I needed) just sitting at home.  Also, accidentally clicked on a bagon right before the end of the event and... it was shiny.  Honestly one of my least wanted shinies as I already had several extras.

A friend of mine got me to install the game again after 1.5 years and we went out to the city for today's event. I got pretty much every one of today's shinies and enough candy to evolve my really good mudkip :)

Oh and also I need to add some friends for the missions that got added while I was gone, I literally only have one friend at the moment 😕 So if anyone wants to add me, my code is 1422 8288 7879 Thank you :)

I didn't get to take part in the event.  I had to deal with family things right when it started.  T-T

Apparently the buddy adventure feature is here. It's nice.  I don't have my buddy leveled enough to actually change anything yet though.

The buddy system seems nice. I'm currently very low on berries, so I can't do much with my Feebas, but it's nice that there is a new mechanism implemented. It's a bit annoying that it uses the AR Camera feature, because our apartment is so dark (and it's winter so the sun never shines) it's really hard to find a place for the Pokemon to spawn. It also uses battery like crazy. 

hehe, lucky for me, my phone does not support AR technology XD

To me, at the end of the day, it's one of those grinding mechanics of the game. We'll probably get the random benefits once the first half of the grinding is over and get our buddy meters to 2 hearts or more.

I think I'll focus on one or two favorite Pokemon first, then I'll just berry-feed the others that are strong enough for battles/raids in my team :v

Also @Loebok I shall send a friend request!

Yea, the new buddy system is wierd, do i still get candies even if they arent "following" me.

I finally got around 300 pokecoins from gyms, any tips as how to spend wisely.

If i havent already, ill add you in game loebok.

The new buddy system is indeed kind of weird. It seems to take forever leveling your buddy level after the first one. I have been out the last couple of days and had all of the heart thingies maxed, and you could barely see any progress towards the 2nd level. 

Also for the 2nd week in a row I caught shiny Zapdos for my 7 day research thing.

And thank you all for the friend requests! :)

@Kaini We are about to hit ultra friends. If you are still actively playing the game, would you be willing to send a gift? We can coordinate for a lucky egg if you want!! I'm coming up on level 40 and trying to maximize the efficiency of my XP, haha.

Only thing about the new buddy system is that you have to constantly feed it berries otherwise it would be awesome, hell all they really needed to do imo was just have your buddy on the screen with your character and I'd have been happy lol.

Oh and I caught a shiny Natu at work today :D

On a side note, one shiny a day for 7 days straight! :o

(This means I'm probably not winning the raffle in DC lol)

@zorua9 I'd say save up until 1480 coins Ultra Box. It's about a month of making sure you have Pokemon in gyms daily, but it's the best valued set as you get 17 premium passes (worth 1700 coins) and additional Super Incubators, Lucky Eggs and Star Shards.

As for buddy system, I'm in a group where people talk about Pokemon GO and someone has this neat info on how the buddy system currently works:

The system of level excitement is measured in points, with maximum points being at 32 (which will double the maximum amount of hearts you can earn in one day). To get the points, you can do the following repeatedly:

Walk 2km : 3 points

and you can do these every 30 minutes (or 40 minutes just to be safe lol, these actions are cooldown-based):

Feed any one berry : 1 point

Play : 1 point

Battle (including Team Leader battle) : 1 point

Visit new location (or any gym, for now) : 1 point

Take a snapshot : 1 point

Open a souvenir/present (for Great buddies) : 3 points

Visit location found by buddy (for Ultra buddies) : 3 points

another grinding feature added to the game, I believe

Edited by BlueLatios

@BlueLatios @zorua9

Or the adventure box, if you aren't into raids, like me.  I so rarely raid that my premium passed are gathering dust(I currently have 38).  I use tons of incubators though, as I walk a lot, so the adventure box gives a boatload of those and can last me just long enough(sans an egg event) that I can re-earn the pokecoins back by the time I am done with that one.

Edited by Nectaris

33 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

Or the adventure box, if you aren't into raids, like me.

This as well. I'm into the raids because I am in dire need of Rare Candies, hence my choice XD

@Idril Merry Christmas to my first PoGo Best Friend!! :D

and Merry Christmas to all of my other friends!

@Tiki G Merry Christmas to you too. :D

Didn't have much time for the event yet. We celebrated with my sister's in-laws and there were a lot of other things to do.... but on the day after tomorrow the hunt is on. :D

Edited by Idril

Merry Christmas y'all! Over the holidays I am at my mom's place, and I noticed the Pokestop for the playground in the park near the house is now in a different location (where it actually should be), which means I can reach it from inside the apartment! Also there's loads of pokemon here, this morning I had a crazy streak of luck catching 2 shiny Sneasel from my room lol I think I should visit my mom more often :D

Today was a pretty good PoGo day.  Got two of the reindeer stantlers(normal, not shiny).  I want nine of them to name them all after Santa's reindeer.  Also hatched a pichu with a hat.

I'm still yet to catch a Cryonagal (or however it's spelt) or evolve a Cubchoo in the event, got the Pikachu, Pichu and Stantler though and got a Delibird.

My luck with them damn bears is frustrating, only caught 3 yet I've encountered about 20 or so.....they all run away after breaking out my 1st thrown ball :/

I got none from the shiny stuff.

On the other hand, 3 Shiny Sneasels o.0

The hatch event was amazing, though. Used all the incubators XD