Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

Sorry I missed you, I don't have a screenie of the S1 but here's the S3:

user posted image

Huh, it really is hatching upside down.

user posted image

laugh.gif Eggs look funny upside down and cracking... (not my egg)

eta ninja.gif LOL so ninja'd on the cracking egg. That'll teach me to go wash dishes while replying in a thread.

I wish everyone had gotten a egg, but I do think it was a pretty good prank for April Fool's, and I hope TJ knows some, maybe most of us, appreciated the joke. I am happy I got a temporary, funny-looking mint egg, but I honestly would have laughed if I'd gotten eaten.

You're not sure what happens next, but bystanders would later describe it as "savage," "unpleasant," and "kind of like my uncle Stan at Thanksgiving."

I mean, that's funny! biggrin.gif

I feel like some of the sense of unfairness comes from whether you took the premise of the dilemma at face value or not. I just assumed, and I still believe, that it was fictional - we weren't actually paired with other players, but just rolling the dice against programmed code. I could be wrong about that, of course, but I doubt it. On the other hand, if you believed your actions really could affect someone else, that could definitely feel like you were being jacked around, whether you got eaten or not. So I can totally understand the sense of unfairness.

Edited by Laura-Borealis

I'm grateful to have got an upright egg but, if the upside-down eggs hatch as upside-down hatchlings, I'll be kinda regretful that I got the normal standing egg. And especially if they grow up as upside-down adults! But, you know what, some people didn't get anything so I can't feel too hard done by. But still! Lol.

Having said all that, we still don't know if the joke is on us egg owners. They could simply hatch into thin air or disappear just before they grow up! ninja.gif

I'm grateful to have got an upright egg but, if the upside-down eggs hatch as upside-down hatchlings, I'll be kinda regretful that I got the normal standing egg. And especially if they grow up as upside-down adults! But, you know what, some people didn't get anything so I can't feel too hard done by. But still! Lol.

Having said all that, we still don't know if the joke is on us egg owners. They could simply hatch into thin air or disappear just before they grow up! ninja.gif

If they did go poof the joke would be on the people involved in trades that had one of these eggs. I would hate to see all of those angry people. I would feel a little heartbroken for them.

If they did go poof the joke would be on the people involved in trades that had one of these eggs. I would hate to see all of those angry people. I would feel a little heartbroken for them.

Then I wouldn't feel quite as bad. I'm still waiting to see if they'll turn out to be upside down mints or not. Of they are, then surely I would bring this up in the store suggestion

I have to say that I would NOT have traded a bunch for one - it seemed obvious to me form the start that they will not produce anything out of the ordinary. The only thing that surprises me is that they are still upside down.

I may live to regret saying that.

Then I wouldn't feel quite as bad. I'm still waiting to see if they'll turn out to be upside down mints or not. Of they are, then surely I would bring this up in the store suggestion

??? Bring it up in the store suggestion? Not familiar with that.

Yeah, those people will have it bad when it comes to trades that have already taken place if eggs or hatchlings were to disappear. But I suppose those people knew that there was an element of risk associated with this type of trade. Would still feel sorry for them though.

I saw people trading upside down eggs for cb gold? xd.png I wouldn't trade mine for cb gol; for one, what if it turns out to be upside down adult, and two, I would feel horrible ripping someone off if it were to go poof. I would rather enjoy the egg while it lasts instead of trading it and then having to return the trade I got if it goes poof.

I saw people trading upside down eggs for cb gold? xd.png I wouldn't trade mine for cb gol; for one, what if it turns out to be upside down adult, and two, I would feel horrible ripping someone off if it were to go poof. I would rather enjoy the egg while it lasts instead of trading it and then having to return the trade I got if it goes poof.

I've seen people asking for CB metals, 2nd gen prizes, Spriters Alt offspring, and even NDs, but I don't think any of them have (or will) get that for them.

You see a lot of unbalanced trades every once in a while.

My bet is that it will hatch to be a normal Mint baby, and we will all look like fools biggrin.gif

Mine is still showing rightside up, but i know for fact it was upside down >.< oh well trying to trade it off anyways. Wonder why it's not showing the proper postion

Yeah I too wouldn't be trading big for one. Wouldn't hardly be trading anything tbh lol they're sorta meh to me until we know for sure, but by then I'm sure it'll be done with adults.

Even so, those who do make unreasonable trades (a cb gold for one), that's on them. They should know the risks associated with it, and oh well. I personally wouldn't ask for high prices like that but those who do, and get it, well...

Oh, yeah, I really hope no one gets rid of anything too important. I'm kind of hoping it's only the egg stages that will be upside down, but even if they stay, it's just a Mint -- and lineage view is right side up, so it's not like there are many unique lineage possibilities. Definitely wouldn't trade big.

I'm hoping that someone will offer me an upside down eggy for one of my CB dragons I have up for offer tongue.gif if they hatch normal oh well xd.png

I've been offering multiple CB rares for even a right-side-up mint but no bites. Everyone's still trying to get CB metals and 2G prizes >_>

I don't even care if (most likely when) it hatches normal, I just want a pair of Cave Biome mints since I wasn't here for the old Cave.

They can ASK for those things, but will they get those things for it? Hard to tell...I know I wouldn't pay that for one.

Those little cute upside down mints are only worth what someone is willing to pay for one wink.gif

I actually got a CB Gold for it... (which then I traded for a CB male ND I'm still missing for scroll completion)

It's a something you can't get anymore in any way... I mean a Cave located thing, with April 1st catchdate of a year in which Cave biomed things are long unavailable. Even if it doesn't stay upsidedown, it still is special and most likely irreplaceable in the future. And if one wasn't a player while the Cave was still the biome, it IS sth they never got a chance to get before. If someone values those little details, then well...

And if sb doesn't need it, they'd even trade it off just to get sth anyhow better, like a more difficult to catch breed or a breed they hoard or whatever.

And there is also a chance it stays upside down or... hatches into an upsidedown egg again and again(but freeing the slot after its first hatch), or a frozen egg... or even a breedable 'phoenix' or frozen 'egg' xd.png

Anyway, I personally didn't need mine but needed a ND or a CB Gold to trade for a ND^^; and I managed at last (I've been looking for that last ND for longer than my current forum account exists)

Right now you're like devaluing the thing you want but can't have xd.png

Everything is a matter of personal values in the end. to me, for instance, a CB Gold is worthless for my own scroll... If it weren't for the ND trade I needed, I'd just gift it to my bf...

Aha, Still, I consider this event unfair... I got the egg but still, it was not a fair event... It offers a unique thing(thankfully, just in its details), and you get just 1 chance to get it... and the outcome is actually all in the hands of the person the system paired you with (you only decide if you go for the regular or flipped thing actually)... and some people had several tries and got several special Mints (or Baloons) while others, whose timezones or whatever made them login too late for "abusing" that 'glitch'...

If this event was at least a 'try every x hours' thing, fine, but a once in a lifetime? Nope...

Luckily in this it's only the biome thing or the upsidedowness on 1 page, instead of a new unique sprite... and that it IS tradeable. As we can see in this thread, there are plenty of people who value the thing and also plenty who don't.

It was a bit cruel even, but not THAT cruel at least as it could possibly be. Nothing beats the CB Prizes, random scroll-locked colours of Snow Angels and the Sweetlings - thankfully

Edited by VixenDra

I always have trouble with trades, cause like I know what I want, but what offer would make it fair? Something I struggle with.

I have mints from back when there was only the cave.

I'm on the fence about trading my own right side up mint. On one hand, it could just be a normal mint from the cave or it could have something special. No idea, though.

Idk why people are calling this event unfair. I don't think the upside down Mint eggs are technically worth anything anyways, even if they turn out to be new alt sprites. :/

Ohhh man. If they turn out to be new alt sprites, and you think they're not technically worth anything? You haven't been around here long, friend.

Right now, people are freaking out because they missed out mint eggs that have 'Cave' as their drop location instead of one of the Biomes.

Entirely new sprites? The forums will explode. People here do not like being unable to reach 100% completionism.

Mine is still showing rightside up, but i know for fact it was upside down >.< oh well trying to trade it off anyways. Wonder why it's not showing the proper postion

It's your browser, try on a different one like Firefox or Chrome and you'll see it upside down.

I again am not so much about trading my little mint. Sure, a ND would be great but I thik that's a thing I want to achieve by myself. But the main reason is that I don't want to be in that situation if that egg poofs and the other side is left with nothing. Funny that people are even trading so early because the egg poofing after cracking makes so much sense. April fools, eh?

But the main reason is that I don't want to be in that situation if that egg poofs and the other side is left with nothing. Funny that people are even trading so early because the egg poofing after cracking makes so much sense. April fools, eh?

I really, really hope that TJ wouldn't be so cruel to make such a thing even TRADEABLE in such case...

Since it IS tradeable I sincerely believe it won't poof and in the "worst scenario" it'll simply be a Cave Mint caught in 2017 and on April 1st.

Ohhh man. If they turn out to be new alt sprites, and you think they're not technically worth anything? You haven't been around here long, friend.

Right now, people are freaking out because they missed out mint eggs that have 'Cave' as their drop location instead of one of the Biomes.

Entirely new sprites? The forums will explode. People here do not like being unable to reach 100% completionism.

Haha yeah I don't quite understand the means of value in this game yet. I've been playing under a rock for years.

I guess I was wrong. I apologize for that. XP

I really, really hope that TJ wouldn't be so cruel to make such a thing even TRADEABLE in such case...

Since it IS tradeable I sincerely believe it won't poof and in the "worst scenario" it'll simply be a Cave Mint caught in 2017 and on April 1st.

I'm wondering about the trading of the upside-down eggs. Those are being traded for really great things. If the upside-down egg hatches and turns upright there will be some angry traders. They traded for an upside-down version. And if I remember correctly, only players that were scroll locked got the message that they weren't really missing anything, which means some traders don't know about that. I'm thinking these eggs maybe should have been unable to trade or maybe more info should have been given stating if they were permanent or not. I didn't even entertain the thought of trading because of the uncertainty.

Edited by BatPopsicle

I'm really curious about seeing if the upside down Mints' sprites will remain that way once they hatch.