Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

Who got a balloon? ^^ I've only seen ppl having mints.

I just realized I have a former cave mint, so I can pair these in the future :3 If all goes well.

// Yeah, maybe just wait for them to hatch and grow and then see if they even are anything special?

After all, the event said it wouldn't be.

Edited by Bamboomonkey

I'm SO loving that little upsiedownsie egg in my sig now!! Thanks a bunch, Sockie!!

Whoaa, I looked in trading to see if maybe I could trade for a prank egg and people are asking for Cb metals and 2nd gen prizes... ouch...

Now I'm kinda hoping they just hatch into normal mints and everyone feels foolish.

Who got a balloon? ^^ I've only seen ppl having mints.

I just realized I have a former cave mint, so I can pair these in the future :3 If all goes well.

A user in the very beginning of the thread has two balloons on their scroll. I'm not sure what the ratio of balloons to mints was though.

Whoaa, I looked in trading to see if maybe I could trade for a prank egg and people are asking for Cb metals and 2nd gen prizes... ouch...

Now I'm kinda hoping they just hatch into normal mints and everyone feels foolish.

Same here, I'm going to be asking for one using my CB Magma dragon. Although that is kind of ridiculous

So, I'm not sure if my computer is having issues, because I had a trade where the other person had an upside down mint and my computer showed it as right side up. Even on view link. So can someone look at my Mint: https://dragcave.net/lineage/UuTHN and confirm if it is upside down or not? On my computer, even on view, it is right side up.

The lineage view is rightside up, but the egg's page shows it as upside down.

EDIT: ninja.gifninja.gifninja.gif

Edited by kiramaru7

To all of you who are put off by what people are asking on the forums, try the Eggs Around the World dragonmarket to trade. You might have better luck.

I hope these just hatch into normal Mints and everyone just feels foolish. I totally got eaten. xd.png

To all of you who are put off by what people are asking on the forums, try the Eggs Around the World dragonmarket to trade. You might have better luck.

Never knew that had a market place o.o

Exactly. It's not a hand out and why should EVERYTHING be a hand out? Why should you get a badge for losing a pretty easy game with an infinite number of tries? I know it's a collecting game but really, if you have to make no effort and if everyone can get a CB of everything then you might as well take out trading, remove the forums and be done with it. Very dull IMO.

What effort did you make to earn an egg that I didn't?

I only had one try, not infinite, and I clicked one button just like everyone else.

This is not something that required much effort from anyone.

Everything is not a handout. The vast majority of the game is not handouts. All non-holiday, non-event eggs are eggs you have to work for. This is a special event. As such, I think it should follow the same standards as other special events, and allow everyone who was there to obtain something.

So often that slippery slope argument comes up, where if you try to make one thing fair for everyone, we must suddenly want to give everyone all the rares. That's not the case.

What effort did you make to earn an egg that I didn't?

I only had one try, not infinite, and I clicked one button just like everyone else.

This is not something that required much effort from anyone.

Everything is not a handout. The vast majority of the game is not handouts. All non-holiday, non-event eggs are eggs you have to work for. This is a special event. As such, I think it should follow the same standards as other special events, and allow everyone who was there to obtain something.

So often that slippery slope argument comes up, where if you try to make one thing fair for everyone, we must suddenly want to give everyone all the rares. That's not the case.

That comment was not aimed at you, it was answering Jazeki about the Contagion badge.

Also, @Jazeki on the last page. It is a level playing field, except for the few early glitches EVERYONE had the same chance.

Edited by Aurae

Exactly. It's not a hand out and why should EVERYTHING be a hand out? Why should you get a badge for losing a pretty easy game with an infinite number of tries? I know it's a collecting game but really, if you have to make no effort and if everyone can get a CB of everything then you might as well take out trading, remove the forums and be done with it. Very dull IMO.

It's also good to keep in mind that trading isn't an option for everyone. Some people have mental illnesses that make interaction difficult, they could have a physical disability that makes typing really hard, or there could be a language barrier. To say that trading and gifting is available to everyone is to ignore these people.

(I know you didn't explicitly say that, but you did imply that trading is something everyone has available, which is just not true. Just thought I'd point that out.)

Also, @Jazeki on the last page. It is a level playing field, except for the few early glitches EVERYONE had the same chance.

The word "except" means it wasn't a level playing field. You're also assuming everyone has the ability to trade for/catch the ones that users didn't want.

They can ASK for those things, but will they get those things for it? Hard to tell...I know I wouldn't pay that for one.

Those little cute upside down mints are only worth what someone is willing to pay for one wink.gif

I was out all day yesterday, so I guess I missed my chance to get anything. I only got to play once, and didn't get an egg out of it.

Oh well.

Cleared cache. No help. I also still have that issue where the cave pictures are centered to the right...could it be related?

New Page Bump

New Page Bump

Have you clicked on the egg so you can see it's parents (or cave in this instance) and its ToD? It only views upside down when you click on the egg through the lineage link or when you're on your scroll and you click it there.

New Page Bump

There was a issue with everything being off center before. It helped most people to hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) or clear our their cookies and cache.

Dump your history and see if that helps

I don't know... I found it to be like the Christmas raffles. I didn't win anything then & while I was disappointed, I not only managed to find offspring of various lineages, but was gifted a few here & there. And yes, I got a Mint egg, which looks exactly the same as the one I picked up a lil bit later in the Volcano. The only difference is it says "Cave" instead of "Volcano." And just like the two CB Mints I have from way back, I'm sure it'll look exactly the same on my scroll, when it finally hatches, like all the Mints in my lil Mint army. *shrugs*

That said, I do understand why people feel disappointed. Like I said, I NEVER won anything in the Christmas raffles, but it's a Mint & not a super special shiny Dragon like the Shimmers & Tinsels. xd.png I do, however, wish I could share him with everyone who feels left out & wants something special. biggrin.gif Since I can't chop him up & make "egg salad" out of him, I'd be more than happy to breed him with one of my pre-biome Mints & GIFT the eggs to anyone who wants one. Just PM me & I'll be sure to breed him in two weeks when he's all grown up & ready to breed. biggrin.gif

Mods, if this is off-topic & out of place here, please delete this & point me in the direction of where to go to offer future eggs. Thanks!

Edited by kiramaru7

That comment was not aimed at you, it was answering Jazeki about the Contagion badge.

Exactly. And:

I'm pretty convinced this was not really against an opponent. So a better way of thinking about this is: Blame = 50% chance of special egg, admit = 50% chance of normal egg. It means that approximately 1/4 of active dragon cavers have the special egg, which I am relatively sure will hatch normally (though I hope not), and 1/4 have a mint (or balloon) egg from Cave.

I think so too. But I wish I'd got a balloon....

I hope these just hatch into normal Mints and everyone just feels foolish. I totally got eaten .xd.png

Yeah !

Edited by fuzzbucket

Looks like nothing's changed since last night, eh? Still have eggs. Wonder if they'll all just hatch normal or disappear.

Di d you take a screenshot? I'd like to see it.

Sorry I missed you, I don't have a screenie of the S1 but here's the S3:

user posted image

Looks like nothing's changed since last night, eh? Still have eggs. Wonder if they'll all just hatch normal or disappear.

It takes two days for eggs to hatch if they were incubated the day of. So tomorrow we'll have hatchies

Idk why people are calling this event unfair. I don't think the upside down Mint eggs are technically worth anything anyways, even if they turn out to be new alt sprites. :/

It's sad how some people, like me, only had one chance to play while others got more than one. sad.gif

Yes, but at least you got an egg. I got eaten and traded to get a pair, neither one upside-down, but both April 1 cave eggs.

Hopefully, I can breed them and swap offspring to get a nice April Fool's lineage going.