Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

The cave location opens up new breeding opportunities with coppers and allows users who weren't around for the original cave to have access to a dragon that isn't bred/ a GON that doesn't come from a biome. To some people it is special and there were users who were offering rare things in exchange for one. I traded a 3rd gen prize for mine. Another user had spriter alts available with a note that said "I don't care if these end up normal, they say cave." Asking for a neglected in exchange now that the event is over is taking advantage of the situation IMO, but TJ did create an artificial situation where some users have something "special" and some do not. Creating the desire for these eggs by giving them a cave biome was probably an oversight on his part and these are no prizes for sure, but TJ seems to have yet to learn that things like this where some users get access while others don't (prizes, badges, these April fool's dragons) has negative consequences.

Erinthebookworm has a good idea for an event involving dragons where everyone comes away with something. And outside of releases in the cave or implementing the store, these are the kind of dragon-giving events that should be readily considered because something that many may see as "normal" may be overly desirable to the point of affecting gameplay to another user.

But there's always going to be situations where some have something special and others do not. Many players don't have cb metals, prizes, GON. Newer players don't have the Carrot Cave badge or all the different easter eggs. That's just how the game works. I am not in favor of the everyone gets a medal mentality. If everyone easily got everything trading values would suffer and the game would get boring. Events like this bring excitement and we should remember that it's only a game. While I do think eveyone should get the new eggs on major holidays because it's a way to celebrate and everyone has fun, but this is April Fool's Day. It's an event where we almost always get nothing permanent. But we do get a fun joke played on us.

Edit: Oops, my mistake about the permanent goodies. Sorry. ❤

Edited by BatPopsicle

So, I'm not sure if my computer is having issues, because I had a trade where the other person had an upside down mint and my computer showed it as right side up. Even on view link. So can someone look at my Mint: https://dragcave.net/lineage/UuTHN and confirm if it is upside down or not? On my computer, even on view, it is right side up.

Try clearing your cache. They look upside down to me.

So, I'm not sure if my computer is having issues, because I had a trade where the other person had an upside down mint and my computer showed it as right side up. Even on view link. So can someone look at my Mint: https://dragcave.net/lineage/UuTHN and confirm if it is upside down or not? On my computer, even on view, it is right side up.

Its upside down for me on Chrome.

I keep checking the links url before clicking now unintentionally... you people have made me paranoid. laugh.gif

Try clearing your cache. They look upside down to me.

Cleared cache. No help. I also still have that issue where the cave pictures are centered to the right...could it be related?

But there's always going to be situations where some have something special and others do not. Many players don't have cb metals, prizes, GON. Newer players don't have the Carrot Cave badge or all the different easter eggs. That's just how the game works. I am not in favor of the everyone gets a medal mentality. If everyone easily got everything trading values would suffer and the game would get boring. Events like this bring excitement and we should remember that it's only a game. While I do think eveyone should get the new eggs on major holidays because it's a way to celebrate and everyone has fun, but this is April Fool's Day. It's an event where we almost always get nothing permanent. But we do get a fun joke played on us.

I completely agree. It's often really hard to even get anything special, and now we all had a chance. It makes it special if everyone else doesn't get it too.

(But let's not get excited, the eggs may still disappear tongue.gif )

But there's always going to be situations where some have something special and others do not. Many players don't have cb metals, prizes, GON. Newer players don't have the Carrot Cave badge or all the different easter eggs. That's just how the game works. I am not in favor of the everyone gets a medal mentality. If everyone easily  got everything trading values would suffer and the game would get boring. Events like this bring excitement and we should remember that it's only a game.  While I do think eveyone should get the new eggs on major holidays because it's a way to celebrate and everyone has fun, but this is April Fool's Day. It's an event where we almost always get nothing permanent. But we do get a fun joke played on us.

I agree with this almost entirely, except the last part. (Someone yesterday posted a list of past DC April Fools and how most of them were lasting.)

Edited by Aurae

When breeding to CBs, copper color is affected by biome, so any dragon x female Copper will result in a Copper of the mother's color due to her biome. With male coppers, however, cave female mates are more valuable, as they can allow the father's color to be carried over even if the mother's biome wouldn't normally match. For an example, usually red Copper father x Sunsong mother = green copper baby because all sunsongs are from the jungle. However, since I have pre biome Sunsongs, I was able to do a red copper x Sunsong checker smile.gifhttps://dragcave.net/lineage/TINtg

Thanks for explaining. So it all hinges on the mother's biome? I think that's the detail I missed before. Your checker lineage is gorgeous!

My topsy-turvy mint precog'd female, but I'm not super into coppers so I probably won't do much with that.

Of course I'm disappointed that I didn't get an egg at all, but the only thing that irked me about the event was that glitch in the beginning when some people got to have a chance more than once. :/ A gamble where everyone had one chance to get a quirky little Mint or Balloon, that I think is alright as a mini-event for April Fools.

I agree with this almost entirely, except the last part. (Someone yesterday posted a list of past DC April Fools and how most of them were lasting.)

Yes, you are correct. I goofed...oops. ❤

I am not in favor of the everyone gets a medal mentality.

me either , whenn it's a competition

but this "game" is not a competition

you can still get a GoN nor a CB Gold

but now along with prizes I CANNOT get one of these

sad

I hoped TJ had grown up

That's not entirely true though. A lot of the things posted weren't april fools events, just regular releases and updates that happened to come at that time (or TJ planned them at that time to make us wonder if they were real). This was obviously a joke-"event".

But there's always going to be situations where some have something special and others do not. Many players don't have cb metals, prizes, GON. Newer players don't have the Carrot Cave badge or all the different easter eggs.

But what bothers me about this situation, and not those (barring prizes), is that this is pure luck. (non-specific "you"s here since I don't actually know what your outcome was, but you get the picture)

You did not do anything differently from me. We were both there. We both selected the same options. And yet we got different outcomes, where you got the best option and I got nothing, despite the fact that our performance was exactly the same.

It's the same thing as the raffles.

Carrot Cave badge -- everyone who was there got it.

Metals -- the people who get them perform better than those who don't.

GoN -- something everyone can get with time.

I don't think those examples are really relevant here.

This isn't like any of those, this is a raffle, and it's disappointing to have done nothing worse than anyone else and still be left out for it.

But what bothers me about this situation, and not those (barring prizes), is that this is pure luck. (non-specific "you"s here since I don't actually know what your outcome was, but you get the picture)

You did not do anything differently from me. We were both there. We both selected the same options. And yet we got different outcomes, where you got the best option and I got nothing, despite the fact that our performance was exactly the same.

It's the same thing as the raffles.

Luck happens. Or in my case, usually not.

It really bugs me to see people complaining that because it's a game (be it this or any other) everyone should be entitled to everything. If we all have everything it is no longer special or interesting and you probably would no longer be interested in having it. It devalues them. Some dragons are more common than others, some you have to be lucky to get.

Edited by Aurae

I don't think it devalues them, since this is still something that only people who were here this year, on this day, would have.

And I don't think there's any sense in telling people not to complain. I was disappointed and I wish I could have gotten a special egg. There is nothing wrong with me saying so.

I don't think it devalues them, since this is still something that only people who were here this year, on this day, would have.

And I don't think there's any sense in telling people not to complain. I was disappointed and I wish I could have gotten a special egg. There is nothing wrong with me saying so.

They would still be of less value than if half of us have them and I didn't tell you not to complain, I said it bugged me when people did. tongue.gif

The problem with this game was that there WASN'T an equal opportunity for everyone to get an egg. You are barred by what your "opponent" picked.

For example. In my case, my opponent blamed me. No matter what option I had picked, I simply could not receive an egg at that point.

How is that even fair? I had 0% chance of receiving an egg, where as if your opponent stayed silent, you received SOMETHING.

They would still be of less value than if half of us have them

Again, I don't really think that's true. At the very, very worst, they'd be as valuable as holiday dragons. Everyone wants a CB holiday, despite the fact that everyone who is there can get one.

Yeah, I do think that's rather flawed. It wasn't a case of guessing right what your opponent would guess. If your opponent picked blame, you were screwed no matter what you picked. If your opponent said nothing, you received something no matter what you picked. Flawed build.

Meh. I'm convinced these mints will all grow up normal, so I'm not too cheesed on arbitrarily missing out. I already have some Cave mints...

Edited by Dianacat777

Edit: Oops, my mistake about the permanent goodies. Sorry. ❤

Things like this aren't hand outs. As others have said, this is something like a raffle/lotto. You take a chance, you get your egg or not. The end. (Unless you have the goods to trade for it, you had the ability to try multiple times, or you will be lucky enough to find one in the AP in a few days).

Most other events are announced one time things where everyone gets something if they were there. The badge that I was referring to was the contagion badge where people played, but didn't win. So they got nothing.

My point was that if TJ is going to do events like this where he gives away eggs that are "special," he should consider doing something where the odds are in everyone's favor instead of continually introducing things that not everyone has a chance to get in a collecting game.

They would still be of less value than if half of us have them and I didn't tell you not to complain, I said it bugged me when people did. tongue.gif

Saying it bugs you when people complain is you complaining about people complaining, and it makes you sound a little like a hypocrit, complaining like that. (Non serious)

My idea was just me trying to give everyone a chance to help them feel like they have something special, even if they don't have CB metals or CB prizes or a GON. It wouldn't involve rare eggs, just a common egg that was given a purpose beyond just being a common. That's it. I added the medal so it wasn't just a common egg given a special meaning.

Another idea would be site wide hunts, where everyone could steal and raise as many commons as possible in the time span of a month or so. There would be prizes, since this is a competition.

This is me just throwing ideas out there to encourage people to take more common eggs, it all.

I kinda hope these things disappear as they hatch honestly. That's a very successful prank, getting people all up in arms about absolutely nothing.

Nevertheless I personally think these were meant to be silly little prizes that nobody would be upset about missing as they'd just end up being good old commons, nothing special whatsoever, and the location: cave thing was just an oversight.

Things like this aren't hand outs. As others have said, this is something like a raffle/lotto. You take a chance, you get your egg or not. The end. (Unless you have the goods to trade for it, you had the ability to try multiple times, or you will be lucky enough to find one in the AP in a few days).

Most other events are announced one time things where everyone gets something if they were there. The badge that I was referring to was the contagion badge where people played, but didn't win. So they got nothing.

My point was that if TJ is going to do events like this where he gives away eggs that are "special," he should consider doing something where the odds are in everyone's favor instead of continually introducing things that not everyone has a chance to get in a collecting game.

Exactly. It's not a hand out and why should EVERYTHING be a hand out? Why should you get a badge for losing a pretty easy game with an infinite number of tries? I know it's a collecting game but really, if you have to make no effort and if everyone can get a CB of everything then you might as well take out trading, remove the forums and be done with it. Very dull IMO.

Exactly. It's not a hand out and why should EVERYTHING be a hand out? Why should you get a badge for losing a pretty easy game with an infinite number of tries? I know it's a collecting game but really, if you have to make no effort and if everyone can get a CB of everything then you might as well take out trading, remove the forums and be done with it. Very dull IMO.

I don't know how long you have been playing DC, but trading was not always a feature and many people do play the game now without ever setting foot on the forum or trading. What you might consider to be pretty easy might be hard for another user (and in case you hadn't noticed, some of the last events allowed people to get their badges for simply playing and not necessarily completing). No one is insisting on a hand out--just a level playing field. I'm sorry you'd be bored, but other don't feel that way.

The problem with this game was that there WASN'T an equal opportunity for everyone to get an egg. You are barred by what your "opponent" picked.

For example. In my case, my opponent blamed me. No matter what option I had picked, I simply could not receive an egg at that point.

How is that even fair? I had 0% chance of receiving an egg, where as if your opponent stayed silent, you received SOMETHING.

I'm pretty convinced this was not really against an opponent. So a better way of thinking about this is: Blame = 50% chance of special egg, admit = 50% chance of normal egg. It means that approximately 1/4 of active dragon cavers have the special egg, which I am relatively sure will hatch normally (though I hope not), and 1/4 have a mint (or balloon) egg from Cave.

This may still be no consolation for not getting anything, but did you really desperately need a mint and missed out because of the event? Probably not.

I don't know how long you have been playing DC, but trading was not always a feature and many people do play the game now without ever setting foot on the forum or trading.  What you might consider to be pretty easy might be hard for another user (and in case you hadn't noticed, some of the last events allowed people to get their badges for simply playing and not necessarily completing). No one is insisting on a hand out--just a level playing field. I'm sorry you'd be bored, but other don't feel that way.

Man I totally remember that - you had to synchronize with your friend if you wanted to get that metallic from them, the AP was the only option for the eggs to change hands... x.x

Are anyone's eggs already cracking? Mine is so far from that ;c