Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

I'm wondering about the trading of the upside-down eggs. Those are being traded for really great things. If the upside-down egg hatches and turns upright there will be some angry traders. They traded for an upside-down version. And if I remember correctly, only players that were scroll locked got the message that they weren't really missing anything, which means some traders don't know about that. I'm thinking these eggs maybe should have been unable to trade or maybe more info should have been given stating if they were permanent or not. I didn't even entertain the thought of trading because of the uncertainty.

I remember a long time ago that people were trading GoNs before TJ fixed it to where it was untradable.

I'm thinking that these upside down eggs are going to turn normal. If they were untradable, I would be really questioning the fact that select scrolls only received these eggs. Now Mints are not prizes, they're common. I think the biggest joke is allowing us to think there is a new sprite that is simply upside down and trying to trade for it is just a joke (an expensive joke on some people's part) and I don't think TJ would think it would go this far.

Unless this IS part of his plan and is getting a good laugh about it.

I remember a long time ago that people were trading GoNs before TJ fixed it to where it was untradable.

I'm thinking that these upside down eggs are going to turn normal. If they were untradable, I would be really questioning the fact that select scrolls only received these eggs. Now Mints are not prizes, they're common. I think the biggest joke is allowing us to think there is a new sprite that is simply upside down and trying to trade for it is just a joke (an expensive joke on some people's part) and I don't think TJ would think it would go this far.

I don't think he thought it would turn into this situation either. Or maybe he did.... who knows. Now we just have to wait and see what happens.

I really don't think the Mints (upside down or not) will hatch into something special.

I'd be very, very, very, very surprised if TJ thought it was a good idea to give special (and otherwise unobtainable) dragons to a limited group of players (again)wink.gif

Quoting myself because I'm still convinced they are going to end up as normal Mints (except for the biome part).

If I had to guess what TJ's plan was, I'd say it began with "how about a game based on the prisoner's dilemma", then "hmm but what could be a suitable prize that definitely won't cause drama, anger and sadness?", then "oh, I know! Mint eggs!"

Quoting myself because I'm still convinced they are going to end up as normal Mints (except for the biome part).

If I had to guess what TJ's plan was, I'd say it began with "how about a game based on the prisoner's dilemma", then "hmm but what could be a suitable prize that definitely won't cause drama, anger and sadness?", then "oh, I know! Mint eggs!"

Exactly. People seem to have forgotten the DATE, and acted as if this was a For Real thing. The eggs that WERE issued on April 1st in other years were quite obviously real releases. The only mystery was how the celestials were going to work.... it was very clear (and their creator came in to reinforce it all) that they were for real and sticking around., and we could all get them in the biomes.

Bwahahaha that's hilarious!

I'm hoping that someone will offer me an upside down eggy for one of my CB dragons I have up for offer tongue.gif if they hatch normal oh well xd.png

You already had an upside down Mint egg. Many of us were not so lucky.

I know, if I was that lucky, I wouldn't dream of biting\killing it.

Oh he knew very well, this is always the case for limited stuffs to get traded for CB Metals and stuff... see the latest release's glitch (the Firegems were dropping like true rares on the 2nd and 3rd or so day after release -but leater they started dropping pretty massively again) as one of the many examples, these were trading for CB metals and 2gen prizes too... No THAT much as those limited Cave Mints though - there are much less of those Cave Mints in the pool after all and these WON'T be obtainable again unlike the Firegems... But as I aid, these Mints are about details thankfully and for some players those details count a lot, for some htey don't.

But I won't believe he wouldn't have predicted that trading hype... it's nothing new in this game.

You already had an upside down Mint egg. Many of us were not so lucky.

I know, if I was that lucky, I wouldn't dream of biting\killing it.

True, I was on of the lucky ones. I wasted the egg.

But someone gave me an upright CB Cave Mint since they didn't want it so I'm happy with that

I hope that someone will post the millisecond their April Fool's egg hatches and let us know what comes out of the egg.

I hope that someone will post the millisecond their April Fool's egg hatches and let us know what comes out of the egg.

mine will hatch in 6 hours, so i'll post then =)

It's your browser, try on a different one like Firefox or Chrome and you'll see it upside down.

ty, I checked chrome and it showed properly. So now debating on keeping or trading.

Thanks. I was egglocked so I got my egg late (but I'm glad I got an egg, I know some players did not get one), so mine will be hatching late. Can't wait to see what hatches out of that egg.

Thank you! I got my egg late, too. Can't wait to see what happens. smile.gif

My upright-egg won't be hatching for another 14 or so hours but I'll be locking onto this thread as soon as I wake up laugh.gif

My mintie has a big 'ol hole. Surprising they don't just fall right out upside down like that!

No hatchlings yet?

Not for another 4-5hrs or so, if I'm right in thinking unsure.gif

The anticipation is killing me!!

Tbh I think it'll just be a mint dragon, but the sprite will be upside-down.

I don't think it'll be. I think it'll be upright

i chose "don't say anything"

i hope that other person is proud of themselves.

As others have said, I doubt there is an actual person on the other end of that deal. The result is just too immediate. It's very likely simply a random automatic response.

I've decided to play the Alt lottery with my upside down egg. It seemed especially fitting! wink.gif

Edited by Pourlemoment

So much drama! blink.gif

I expect them to vanish at some point, or at least to revert to normal mints (complete with the biome they were technically attained from).

As far as trading, it's all speculation. It's the same as people who go nuts trying to get new releases, so they vastly overpay for what will end up being a common. Personally, I wouldn't trade away or for one of these eggs. I would worry that I would be trading away something good for something that won't be anything. Conversely, if I traded one away, I would be worried that the person I traded to would end up with something that won't be anything. They ARE April Fool's day eggs, and not an actual release. rolleyes.gif ALL trading games include risk; even if something has a rarity right off, that doesn't account for user-driven rarities and values. We each make our own choices, and we have to live with them. Whether those choices are biting an egg, giving it away, trading for one, releasing it, or whatever it might be, it's up to us to research the value (where known), to decide on potential value (when not known), and to decide what level of risk we want to take. It's also the choice of people who play the game without joining the forum. That is their choice, but in turn, they have to live with the consequences of their choice. The forum is an important part of the gameplay for anyone who cares about rarities and trading. For those who do not? Well, they are really not missing anything important to them, anyway, especially if the sprite ends up being exactly the same as a normal mint.

Yeah, I wish we'd have been able to play more than once but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's not like it was a big event.

i chose "don't say anything"

i hope that other person is proud of themselves.

Heck, I know I am. tongue.gif

Can't wait to see what happens. I'm sure they'll just be ordinary mints, but what if they're not?