TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

I honestly don't believe this is the case actually... Not this time...

Also, seems it's not just 1 person, honestly...

I won't weigh in on whether there's something wrong or not, BUT I will say people were saying the same thing during the xeno AND during the pyralspite release. Every time there is a multi-colour release of a breed, people say it's not normal. It ends up being user-driven demand because, unlike with single colour releases where people can get what they need/want fairly quickly, with multi-colour releases people need to multiply whatever their scroll goal is times however many colours there are. Add to it that all three colours are in ONE biome this time, and it's bound to be extra wonky. With the xenos, while there WERE as many people still trying to get them all, the view count per biome was lower (i.e. easier to get the ones that did pop up) because they were spread out. smile.gif

Multiples like this need a different kind of release than normal eggs. They should be dropping for longer, even if it is 10 hours it would be better than what we have now.

I won't weigh in on whether there's something wrong or not, BUT I will say people were saying the same thing during the xeno AND during the pyralspite release. Every time there is a multi-colour release of a breed, people say it's not normal. It ends up being user-driven demand because, unlike with single colour releases where people can get what they need/want fairly quickly, with multi-colour releases people need to multiply whatever their scroll goal is times however many colours there are. Add to it that all three colours are in ONE biome this time, and it's bound to be extra wonky. With the xenos, while there WERE as many people still trying to get them all, the view count per biome was lower (i.e. easier to get the ones that did pop up) because they were spread out. smile.gif

This.

Multi-color releases are like this because EVERYONE is trying to get EVERYTHING at once.

They aren't as rare as metals. They're in-demand because of new release hype. If you guys would just calm down, there will be plenty of them after the hype is gone.

Multiples like this need a different kind of release than normal eggs. They should be dropping for longer, even if it is 10 hours it would be better than what we have now.

I definitely won't argue against this! I've thought that for a very long time. The multi-colour releases are always difficult as all get out if you aren't on right near the start. D:

This.

Multi-color releases are like this because EVERYONE is trying to get EVERYTHING at once.

They aren't as rare as metals. They're in-demand because of new release hype. If you guys would just calm down, there will be plenty of them after the hype is gone.

PLEASE stop telling people to calm down and relax. Even months and years after the release there are plenty of dragon eggs that are still extremely hard to catch so telling people to wait for the hype to end may not even give them an advantage. We need a way to vent our frustration at not being able to catch anything after hours and days of work. We are not complaining because we are lazy and want everything given to us, we are complaining because no matter how much hard work we put in there is no guarantee we'll get results. The people that already have their eggs and don't need to look should not be looking down on us still searching like we're unable to do anything.

That's definitely something I noticed, it's only the people that already have their eggs that are telling people to calm down. You have what you want, don't try and act like everyone has it as easy as you.

I'm 'wondering' why that could possibly be after what had happened to the original sprite set of the Val.s and DC committing plagiarism atm as well... Plenty of people got somehow outraged as a result of this for that or other reason, and some of those might be contributing to the new wave of spite... I remember some people were even killing their CBs...

BTW how can one even viebomb sb else's scroll or egg? I do believe this happens, just can't comprehend how that can be possible... I can't even hatch my own ERs (not to mention even dreaming of trying to make NDs) O_o Any advice how to hatch my stuff sooner if I'm starting at low views and my egg just got ER? I can't hatch those even if I put them to all the ERs from the Wiki, they still can take hours to hatch... What am I missing for such a basic task as hatching my ERs while some freaks can kill sb elses ~7d eggs? Are some illegal scripts necessary to do a viewbombing then or what? I just don't get it^^;

If your scroll is unhidden, you have your scroll name showing or you have a link to it and reveal what your scroll name is people can add your scroll to hatch sites whether u give permission or not. Its wrong, mean-spirited and childish, but people still do it.

I'm not sure how to make eggs hatch sooner as ers, my last green fire gem hatched at around 3 days 8 hours.

PLEASE stop telling people to calm down and relax. Even months  and years after the release there are plenty of dragon eggs that are still extremely hard to catch so telling people to wait for the hype to end may not even give them an advantage. We need a way to vent our frustration at not being able to catch anything after hours and days of work. We are not complaining because we are lazy and want everything given to us, we are complaining because no matter how much hard work we put in there is no guarantee we'll get results. The people that already have their eggs and don't need to look should not be looking down on us still searching like we're unable to do anything.

That's definitely something I noticed, it's only the people that already have their eggs that are telling people to calm down. You have what you want, don't try and act like everyone has it as easy as you.

This is a forum for a game about dragons. ~Removed~

I put in the work as well. I missed the release date entirely and had to work to grab my stuff. Did I get what I want? Yes, after HOURS of cave and AP hunting. Am I complaining? No.

If you need to vent, i'm sure people in PMs or such will listen, or maybe punch a pillow or go to a gym or something. But freaking out in public isn't really helping anyone and it's just causing other users to freak out.

When people go into the comments section, and expect to see comments about how pretty the dragon is, yet instead find pages and pages of screaming, drama, and frustration, and claims that they're "rarer than metals"...yeah.

I for one love the new sprites. Male blue fire crystal and female red fire crystal are probably my favorites.

I love the Tetra dragon's description though,

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I believe they take a person's scroll name and add them to multiple hatcheries and/or post the scroll to a trolling site and tell people to view bomb. And it has nothing to do with eggs being ER or anything like that. my eggs were 7 days from hatching, if you add them too quickly and they get too many views too fast they get sick and if they aren't hidden or something they die. It can be done very quickly.

Some trollsite? might need to find one to hatch my stupborn ERs from time to timexD I've been doing the rest to my ERs and this wasn't enough to hatch them within a few minutes and took like 2h+ instead, and here eggs are as much as dying...

I'm wondering why DC would even have such a mechanic as death from too many views in a too short time? And since it's been there at all, why is it not scrapped yet? Sickness could be an okay if it e.g. slowed down the timer of an egg or made it impossible to hatch until its cured... but to kill? It serves nothing but feeding the trolls...

No death from overviewing=no trolling possible. Problem solved.

I sometimes can't get it how TJ can let some of the most obviously gamebreaking mechanics still exist the way they are... Ratios, breeding(old breed x new hardly ever producing the older breed), this,... How TJ can keep those problems in his game...? And these I mentioned seem so easy to fix for a coder...

The new releases are indeed very scarce right now. It's not just because of extra demand for the multicolored release in the volcano, as the tetras are also dropping very scarcely.

It's not that unusual for new releases to be ridiculously underserved for a little while after their introduction, though. Eventually the ratio will get mysteriously fixed and that will be that. This is a permanent release. They're not going to be this rare forever.

And if you're seeing CB golds and silvers instead of CB fire gems, stop looking that gift horse in the mouth! CB golds and silvers are worth much more than any CB fire gem. You could go trade one of those CB metals for multiple fire gems if you want to.

I was lucky enough to get two of each kind. Planned to pick up some extra Tetras but I started out nearly scroll locked when the event opened so by the time I had room again they became much more rare drops. v.v

Anywho, love the new dragons. Props to the creators. happy.gif

PLEASE stop telling people to calm down and relax. Even months and years after the release there are plenty of dragon eggs that are still extremely hard to catch so telling people to wait for the hype to end may not even give them an advantage. We need a way to vent our frustration at not being able to catch anything after hours and days of work. We are not complaining because we are lazy and want everything given to us, we are complaining because no matter how much hard work we put in there is no guarantee we'll get results. The people that already have their eggs and don't need to look should not be looking down on us still searching like we're unable to do anything.

Sooooo much this.

Please, just let people have their opinions! If you can't deal with people expressing their frustration, maybe just step back for a bit.

And if you're seeing CB golds and silvers instead of CB fire gems, stop looking that gift horse in the mouth! CB golds and silvers are worth much more than any CB fire gem. You could go trade one of those CB metals for multiple fire gems if you want to.

100% agreed. CB Golds and Silvers are the rarest CBs available and i've only managed to catch one silver the whole time i've been here - the rest were traded or gifted.

Some trollsite? might need to find one to hatch my stupborn ERs from time to timexD I've been doing the rest to my ERs and this wasn't enough to hatch them within a few minutes and took like 2h+ instead, and here eggs are as much as dying...

I add my eggs in a day or so before they go ER, so they have a few thousand views or so before adding to ERs. They hatch faster that way.

Edited by Robot Chimera

You are throwing a fit in a forum about pixellated dragons.

But freaking out in public isn't really helping anyone and it's just causing other users to freak out.

instead find pages and pages of screaming, drama, and frustration,

Maybe YOU need to take a deep breath and calm down, instead of telling other people to do that. I've been watching this thread all day and haven't seen anyone throwing a fit, freaking out, screaming or creating drama. I've seen players (and I have been) expressing frustration about not being able to get all of the new release eggs.

This is a forum for a game about dragons. ~Removed~

I put in the work as well. I missed the release date entirely and had to work to grab my stuff. Did I get what I want? Yes, after HOURS of cave and AP hunting. Am I complaining? No.

If you need to vent, i'm sure people in PMs or such will listen, or maybe punch a pillow or go to a gym or something. But freaking out in public isn't really helping anyone and it's just causing other users to freak out.

When people go into the comments section, and expect to see comments about how pretty the dragon is, yet instead find pages and pages of screaming, drama, and frustration, and claims that they're "rarer than metals"...yeah.

Just because this is a forum and the site is about pixel dragons does not mean people cannot get upset over something. People have more than a right to be upset over anything they want because no one can control another person's emotions. and you may have spent hours but I've been at it for DAYS with no luck. AGAIN JUST BECAUSE IT WAS EASY FOR YOU DOES NOT MEANT ITS EASY FOR EVERYONE AND THAT THE PEOPLES FEELINGS ARE INVALID JUST BECAUSE IT'S A GAME.

The comments section is for all types of comments about the dragons, and A LOT of people have comments about how hard it is to catch these things. Just because you only want to hear about people saying how pretty they are doesn't mean we can't complain and become frustrated when all our hard work is for nothing.

I think people are being way too salty in this thread about not getting the release. Like, it sucks, sure, but such is the nature of this game. We don't all pick up CB Golds every week. It wouldn't be fun if there was no thrill of the chase. Part of me would love if Dinos dropped more often but more of me knows I wouldn't love them if I could get so many of them.

You don't have to keep complaining in this thread about how you didn't get any or as many as you want, it's not productive and it's not relevant and frankly, it's starting to get irritating. If you want one so bad, you gotta hunt for it, just like any other dragon on this site.

Let me ask YOU this: how many crystal eggs are you hoarding? It's people like you who have no empathy for those of us who have had no luck. I have been vigilant for at least 5 hours/day in Volcano for the last 2 days. No luck - zero, zip...

You know what - if you sense that one of our posts is too "salty" for your liking, why don't you just scroll on by? Go on & congratulate yourself for what you DO have instead of insulting those of us who have not had the same luck as you, okay?

Just because this is a forum and the site is about pixel dragons does not mean people cannot get upset over something. People have more than a right to be upset over anything they want because no one can control another person's emotions. and you may have spent hours but I've been at it for DAYS with no luck. AGAIN JUST BECAUSE IT WAS EASY FOR YOU DOES NOT MEANT ITS EASY FOR EVERYONE AND THAT THE PEOPLES FEELINGS ARE INVALID JUST BECAUSE IT'S A GAME.

The comments section is for all types of comments about the dragons, and A LOT of people have comments about how hard it is to catch these things. Just because you only want to hear about people saying how pretty they are doesn't mean we can't complain and become frustrated when all our hard work is for nothing.

If you're so mad about missing them, then why not just wait a week or two until people stop hunting them constantly? You're hunting at literally the worst possible time when the ratios are screwed (just like ANY other release) and then complaining about it. It isn't a race to get them.

And so far this entire topic has been nothing but massive exaggerations, screaming for TJ to do something, and circle-jerking "venting". I'm not even surprised at this point because this seems to be the general reaction to DC players not getting what they want.

Let me ask YOU this:  how many crystal eggs are you hoarding?  It's people like you who have no empathy for those of us who have had no luck.  I have been vigilant for at least 5 hours/day in Volcano for the last 2 days. No luck - zero, zip...

You know what - if you sense that one of our posts is too "salty" for your liking, why don't you just scroll on by? Go on & congratulate yourself for what you DO have instead of insulting those of us who have not had the same luck as you, okay?

What does it matter if they got eggs or not? Maybe they were there for the drop. It doesn't give you an excuse to attack them.

Edited by Robot Chimera

The fire gems look familiar, especially the red male. Is there a chance the sprite was ever in a public request?

If you're so mad about missing them, then why not just wait a week or two until people stop hunting them constantly? You're hunting at literally the worst possible time when the ratios are screwed (just like ANY other release) and then complaining about it. It isn't a race to get them.

And so far this entire topic has been nothing but massive exaggerations, screaming for TJ to do something, and circle-jerking "venting". I'm not even surprised at this point because this seems to be the general reaction to DC players not getting what they want.

I have said this before and I will say it again, waiting does NOT guarantee a better chance at getting an egg. If that was true I wouldn't still be on the look out for Aeons and Kingcrownes.

If you don't like what is being said, don't read it

The fire gems look familiar, especially the red male. Is there a chance the sprite was ever in a public request?

They kinda remind me of NES/SNES sprites from the way they're shaded to me. Like old-style videogame sprites that were re-done. Feel like I could see these being stuck in a NES remake style RPG game as bosses.

I have said this before and I will say it again, waiting does NOT guarantee a better chance at getting an egg. If that was true I wouldn't still be on the look out for Aeons and Kingcrownes.

If you don't like what is being said, don't read it

Actually, it does. I saw almost zero Glacewings/Honey drakes/Fell right after the release, but I see plenty now.

The ratios will even out. Just like every other new release.

And guess what? We don't get a choice. I'm not reading your private PMs, this is a public topic in a public forum. If people don't like what you're saying, they will respond.

Edited by Robot Chimera

Let me ask YOU this:  how many crystal eggs are you hoarding?  It's people like you who have no empathy for those of us who have had no luck.  I have been vigilant for at least 5 hours/day in Volcano for the last 2 days. No luck - zero, zip...

SO MUCH YES

They kinda remind me of NES/SNES sprites from the way they're shaded to me. Like old-style videogame sprites that were re-done. Feel like I could see these being stuck in a NES remake style RPG game as bosses.

Actually, it does. I saw almost zero Glacewings/Honey drakes/Fell right after the release, but I see plenty now.

The ratios will even out. Just like every other new release.

And guess what? We don't get a choice. I'm not reading your private PMs, this is a public topic in a public forum. If people don't like what you're saying, they will respond.

Honeys, glacewings, and fells are meant to be COMMON so of course they are all over the place. But these eggs are more than likely going to stay in the uncommon/rare category, much like Aeons and Kingcrownes. You cannot compare common dragons to rare dragons. There are plenty of dragons that are supposed to be common or uncommon but end up being rare.

And guess what, you don't get a choice either and if you don't like what people are saying, you cannot demand they go somewhere else just because you don't like it.

Edited by Cecona

Robot Chimera:

My response was to plumpernuff, who was insulting those who had not gotten any eggs. ~Removed~

I add my eggs in a day or so before they go ER, so they have a few thousand views or so before adding to ERs. They hatch faster that way.

I usually add mine at about 6d if I'm eager enough(sometimes even sooner since I personally had no troubles ever and I use EATW for non-ERs), but it's not always possible, eg. with APs OR when making NDs? I know the more ER the egg is, the less views it needs, but still, to me seems it's impossible to hatch an ND experiment shortly enough:P Even with very ER eggs I sometimes needed to wait way too long to possibly hope to hatch an ultimate ND-fodder ER:P

Anyway, I really hope for everyone concerned that there IS indeed a glitch.

True, multiple-coloured releases are usually more of a challenge, espeiclaly if you dont' have anyone to help you out, but I can't remember any instance of so few new ones dropping at all... I had a nightmare hunting for bronze Lunars but I was at least seeing pretty many of them, just couldn't manage to catch... I also missed bronze Coppers.... This release doesn't seem to compare really though... It seems here's simply hardly anything to compete for this time..! Usually you can read complaints that new eggs are snagged too quickly, not that they're not there... I can't recall seing so many "can't even see the new eggs" complaints before... Very few complain "but it got snagged to oquickly" compared to those who can't see them at all...

Even on Sunday... as a sidenote... I couldn't grab any of the Fire Gems... Okay, I could see them ofc, it was the initial day after all, but 1 refresh and they were already gone. We've been complaining here that for such a huge playerbase DC has, there are way too few eggs spawned every 5mins... a few times too few. If it takes just like 3-5 seconds for the entire drop to vanish, the drops are way too tiny. If they were as numerous as the hourly drop, fine enough, but currently the 5min drops are just not suitable for such a big playerbase...

Honeys, glacewings, and fells are meant to be COMMON so of course they are all over the place. But these eggs are more than likely going to stay in the uncommon/rare category, much like Aeons and Kingcrownes. You cannot compare common dragons to rare dragons.

Really now, you're certain? Because if you hunt afterwards, I see things like Aeons often in the right biomes. And Xenos too if I hunt long enough. Were they that common right after the flooding stopped? I doubt it. Probably even worse odds than these.

And guess what, you don't get a choice either and if you don't like what people are saying, you cannot demand they go somewhere else just because you don't like it.

You're going in circles there, kid. You don't like being called out by people who don't like what you're saying yet demanding they leave.

~Removed~