TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

There isn't really anything to fix. Honestly the person who reported "more metals than Fire Gems" is either extremely unlucky or heavily exaggerating.

This is a NORMAL release. This happened with Xenos as well as I hear from others.

People are mad. Why? They can't have exactly what they want WHEN they want it ~Removed~

I assure you I wasn't exaggerating, but someone did explain as to why such a thing is happening and said similar happened during the xenowyrms. While the fire gems are being sought after they are picked up more quickly than metals, and so I saw more of them than say if I were to be hunting outside of a new release.

I do more than refresh once every five minutes, I refresh every two seconds unless I see an egg I want then I try to click as fast as I can- no luck when it comes to the new release though.

Please don't belittle those that are frustrated though....

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I was actually on during the first hour they started dropping. I ended up going to bed at 3:30am which is the same time as the cave's (same timezone). By then, I had already seen regular eggs mixing in but was still able to catch some new eggs. So technically I seen them mix before the 4hr mark.

I would also like to add that I haven't seen CB Golds, Silvers, Chickens or any rares like those in over a year...so those who do, are lucky. But I won't whine about that, just stating it.

Yeah, occasionally through the release some normal eggs made it in- there were quite a few stories of misclicks haha. And I'd kill for a CB male gold >.> It's literally the ONE dragon I need to complete like 80% of all my lineages I swear xd.png

I assure you I wasn't exaggerating, but someone did explain as to why such a thing is happening and said similar happened during the xenowyrms. While the fire gems are being sought after they are picked up more quickly than metals, and so I saw more of them than say if I were to be hunting outside of a new release.

This^ People are reloading right after the egg is being picked up, leading to them not knowing one dropped. Not all the time, but enough to annoy and confuse people. And for all we know, something may be wrong.

Edited by kittyrules2003

Yeah, occasionally through the release some normal eggs made it in- there were quite a few stories of misclicks haha. And I'd kill for a CB male gold >.> It's literally the ONE dragon I need to complete like 80% of all my lineages I swear xd.png

I've never caught a CB Gold or any metals myself. All of mine were gifted/traded. So my luck really sucks lol. It's why I try my best to be on when I suspect a new release if possible.

I do more than refresh once every five minutes, I refresh every two seconds unless I see an egg I want then I try to click as fast as I can- no luck when it comes to the new release though.

What do you mean by "metals"? I highly doubt people are going to not click a CB gold or Silver, but if you're counting coppers as "metals" then that's more believable.

CB golds and Silvers DO appear, but at a MUCH lower rate than fire gems, even during new release hype.

Am I the only one who pictures TJ cackling evilly and tenting his fingers at the mass chaos every release seems to cause? laugh.gif It's a very amusing picture in my head, to be honest. Probably less amusing to those trying to get more/any gem fires...

Oh dang. What's all the drama about? I came back to see pretty dragons and I'm not sure what's going on.

I love the dragons though! Wish i could hold 8 draggies so I could have 2 of each. Thanks to the sprinters!!!

Am I the only one who pictures TJ cackling evilly and tenting his fingers at the mass chaos every release seems to cause? laugh.gif It's a very amusing picture in my head, to be honest. Probably less amusing to those trying to get more/any gem fires...

He would never do that, but the thought of it is actually quite funny. *cackles evilly*

What do you mean by "metals"? I highly doubt people are going to not click a CB gold or Silver, but if you're counting coppers as "metals" then that's more believable.

CB golds and Silvers DO appear, but at a MUCH lower rate than fire gems, even during new release hype.

I agree that people will, of course, click on them. However, everyone is so focused on the gem fire description that the metals (including the higher value silvers and golds) tend to get that extra split second of delay before someone clicks. That makes it easier to at least SEE them, as compared to how fast the gem fires disappear. They ARE dropping, but they go so fast that even seeing them is difficult. smile.gif

He would never do that, but the thought of it is actually quite funny. *cackles evilly*

I know he would not, but it's a very amusing thought. tongue.gif I have an overactive imagination. biggrin.gif

Oh they were definitely clicked, I tried getting a silver but it was gone before I got to it. They just aren't clicked as fast. And yes I count Coppers as metals. To be specific I saw 2 silvers, a gold, and 2 or 3 coppers. One was taken very quickly I couldn't read the entire description. This is compared to the one fire gem I was able to see during the same amount of time.

Edited by Cecona

Real talk though.

Has anybody even seen Tetras today?

I had to go double check what biomes they drop in because I thought I was refreshing the wrong place. Literally haven't seen one in the last two hours.

I knew he was secretly evil!

Real talk though.

Has anybody even seen Tetras today?

I had to go double check what biomes they drop in because I thought I was refreshing the wrong place. Literally haven't seen one in the last two hours.

I saw one today and nabbed it. Since it scroll-locked me, I haven't been looking for more. I've mostly been watching the volcano biome just to see what the actual drop rates are. Spring break, extra time, and curiosity are a bad combo. unsure.gif

Oh they were definitely clicked, I tried getting a silver but it was gone before I got to it. They just aren't clicked as fast. And yes I count Coppers as metals. To be specific I saw 2 silvers, a gold, and 2 or 3 coppers. One was taken very quickly I couldn't read the entire description. This is compared to the one fire gem I was able to see during the same amount of time.

I've seen quite a few fire gems even post-flood. Hell, I even saw about 7-8 of them on the AP. You must be extremely unlucky or not checking at the right time. Haven't even seen a copper, much less gold or silver.

Edited by Robot Chimera

I like the tetras, but they look a little old, like they were made a few years ago.

I've seen quite a few fire gems even post-flood. Hell, I even saw about 7-8 of them on the AP. You must be extremely unlucky or not checking at the right time. Haven't even seen a copper, much less gold or silver.

Very unlucky it would seem

I love the Tetras! They are currently battling Royal Blues for my Favorite Dragon position.

I wish everyone would just let people be. People are frustrated because of how *unusually* scarce these dragons are, and no it's not really a "normal" release. It hasn't been this bad in a long time. I wish people would stop calling us names just because we are frustrated. We have the right to express our opinions here.

@Raptor of Dragons/ Yeah, there's been a lot of viewbombing since Valentines day. I've even been a victim...this is why I now hide my scroll.

I'm 'wondering' why that could possibly be after what had happened to the original sprite set of the Val.s and DC committing plagiarism atm as well... Plenty of people got somehow outraged as a result of this for that or other reason, and some of those might be contributing to the new wave of spite... I remember some people were even killing their CBs...

BTW how can one even viebomb sb else's scroll or egg? I do believe this happens, just can't comprehend how that can be possible... I can't even hatch my own ERs (not to mention even dreaming of trying to make NDs) O_o Any advice how to hatch my stuff sooner if I'm starting at low views and my egg just got ER? I can't hatch those even if I put them to all the ERs from the Wiki, they still can take hours to hatch... What am I missing for such a basic task as hatching my ERs while some freaks can kill sb elses ~7d eggs? Are some illegal scripts necessary to do a viewbombing then or what? I just don't get it^^;

Ok, that's a shame?? You don't have to try to make us feel bad because we own computers?? If everything were easy to obtain in this game, nobody would play it. It would be boring. These eggs have value. They won't often drop since they aren't commons, and everyone is on the hunt for one. You could say, "you're only saying that because you have eggs!" but that's because we got them on the day they were released. We check the DC website more. Just because we were more fortunate than you doesn't mean we should feel sorry for you.

I don't have a CB gold either. I suck at hunting; I don't have the patience. But I believe the CB Gems will end up being on the rarer end of the 'uncommon' scale. That's how it is. Complaining won't solve anything. I understand the frustration but please. What do you want us to do, buy you a computer???

Anyways, if you want your browser to load faster, I recommend the Saint Patrick's day skin. It loads the biomes faster because it doesn't need to load as many images. Also, hunting for these sorts of dragons on a phone is impossible. You may as well give up, as most experienced hunters will be on a computer. Here are some more hunting tips, credit to

predatorfan4ever, who catches multiple golds per day:

user posted image

Edit: I understand they are supposed to be dropping more than they are. But they aren't. There's nothing we can do about it. If you want my advice, go hunt for them in a few weeks when there isn't ~80 people in volcano.

The fact that I managed to catch 2 ON MY PHONE and catch holiday drops ON MY PHONE means that I shouldnt 'give up'.

Im not saying everyone should feel sorry for me or should buy me a computer (though if someone bought me a computer because I complained a bit

Id be happy xd.png)

No What I want is people to stop telling folks that 'you should stop complaining because these arent that hard to catch' or whatever. I was pointing out that yeah if you own a NASA speed computer with government speed internet you'll have an easier time then someone on a craptop or a phone or whose internet drops out every 10 minutes. Some people use complaining as a way to vent frustration. Even people with good internet and computers are having issues with these eggs...and its not the issue of missing them its the issue of there being LESS fire gems then goddang xenos. Ive seen more pyro xenos then fire gems today...as the older 'uncommon' it should be the other way around...

Also for the person saying to trade for these suckers...yeah I'll trade...when I miraculously find the non existant CB prize on my scroll that miraculously produces a clutch of 4 2g prizes every day ;p

There isn't really anything to fix. Honestly the person who reported "more metals than Fire Gems" is either extremely unlucky or heavily exaggerating.

This is a NORMAL release. This happened with Xenos as well as I hear from others.

People are mad. Why? They can't have exactly what they want WHEN they want it so they're throwing a tantrum.

I honestly don't believe this is the case actually... Not this time...

Also, seems it's not just 1 person, honestly...

Edited by VixenDra

I wish everyone would just let people be. People are frustrated because of how *unusually* scarce these dragons are, and no it's not really a "normal" release. It hasn't been this bad in a long time. I wish people would stop calling us names just because we are frustrated. We have the right to express our opinions here.

A voice of reason.

We all have a right to express our opinion about the release and everything else that happens in the Dragon Cave and the forum. It is very unfortunate and very sad that some people can't tolerate any opinion except their own.

These are some amazingly beautiful dragons and I hope I am able to collect all of them.

I'm 'wondering' why that could possibly be after what had happened to the original sprite set of the Val.s and DC committing plagiarism atm as well... Plenty of people got somehow outraged as a result of this for that or other reason, and some of those might be contributing to the new wave of spite... I remember some people were even killing their CBs...

BTW how can one even viebomb sb else's scroll or egg? I do believe this happens, just can't comprehend how that can be possible... I can't even hatch my own ERs (not to mention even dreaming of trying to make NDs) O_o Any advice how to hatch my stuff sooner if I'm starting at low views and my egg just got ER? I can't hatch those even if I put them to all the ERs from the Wiki, they still can take hours to hatch... What am I missing for such a basic task as hatching my ERs while some freaks can kill sb elses ~7d eggs? Are some illegal scripts necessary to do a viewbombing then or what? I just don't get it^^;

I believe they take a person's scroll name and add them to multiple hatcheries and/or post the scroll to a trolling site and tell people to view bomb. And it has nothing to do with eggs being ER or anything like that. my eggs were 7 days from hatching, if you add them too quickly and they get too many views too fast they get sick and if they aren't hidden or something they die. It can be done very quickly.