TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

Let me ask YOU this: how many crystal eggs are you hoarding? It's people like you who have no empathy for those of us who have had no luck. I have been vigilant for at least 5 hours/day in Volcano for the last 2 days. No luck - zero, zip...

You know what - if you sense that one of our posts is too "salty" for your liking, why don't you just scroll on by? Go on & congratulate yourself for what you DO have instead of insulting those of us who have not had the same luck as you, okay?

I kinda feel like this was unnecessary. If you really want to know, I have 5. Which I feel like is a fairly reasonable number to grab, especially when the release began and they weren't so scarce. Like, that's what ANY DC player would do at the beginning of a release - fill up their scroll. I stopped after that, because I felt like I got my fair share of the pie. I'm having more fun using the opportunity to get other rares on the other caves, anyways. I don't even have a gold trophy on my scroll yet, I'm not some kind of heavyweight on this site. Heck I don't even have all the dragons yet haha.

And maybe some of y'all think I should give them away but like, sorry I'm not? I don't think you would either? If I caught any more I would, but I haven't caught any more.

I just felt like the conversation of complaining is kinda unproductive and silly, cause it's the nature of this game that you have to compete for resources. And I was voicing that opinion, just as everyone else is voicing theirs. I never attacked anyone directly, yet I've been attacked directly by about 10 users. Seems a bit...unfair to me?

Anyways, I'm really not that invested in any of this, and I wouldn't be even if I didn't get eggs, to be totally honest. I've never been into lineages or CBs from the beginning. At this point I'm keeping them though because these eggs look like they'll be hard to get ahold of for some time. But I'll trade my two doubles if someone really wants them for some hatchies.

If anyone wants offspring once mine are grown, hit me up via PM and I'm happy to breed with whatever other dragon you want.

Gotta say, despite the frustration of this release, it's done wonders to the AP! Lots of low time eggies, great for catching up on scroll goals.

--

Also - I'm just gonna leave this here.....

"Soulstone dragons have the ability to show that, even in the heat of a vicious feud, the love that friends, family, and partners share for one another remains true and strong."

Gotta say, despite the frustration of this release, it's done wonders to the AP! Lots of low time eggies, great for catching up on scroll goals.

There was a huge mass-breeding event apparently, so the AP is absolutely loaded with that still i'm guessing. Everyone being locked with new releases probably just made it go down even more lol.

I've gotten so many hatchlings that i'm out of freezes!

Edited by Robot Chimera

Really now, you're certain? Because if you hunt afterwards, I see things like Aeons often in the right biomes. And Xenos too if I hunt long enough. Were they that common right after the flooding stopped? I doubt it. Probably even worse odds than these.

You're going in circles there, kid. You don't like being called out by people who don't like what you're saying yet demanding they leave.

You were attacking a random user because they had gotten something you didn't. I read plumpernuff's post, they said nothing of the sort.

And even if they DID say something insulting (which they didn't - I literally just went over their post history now), that gives you no right to outright attack them.

Do not get me started on Aeon and Kingcrowne hunting, again just because if was easy enough for you does not mean it is for everyone. Also I'm not demanding anyone leave- you were the one saying I needed to go to PM to complain. I'm saying you shouldn't tell people to not complain when they have plenty to complain about. You don't like it? well you don't have to read it.

It's not about being called out because there isn't anything to call out for. I'm one of the MANY people that has been unable to get any eggs while people like you hoard them and then tell us less lucky to not complain and be happy. That's like the rich people telling the poor to be happy because there is an economy.

Edited by Cecona

--

Also - I'm just gonna leave this here.....

"Soulstone dragons have the ability to show that, even in the heat of a vicious feud, the love that friends, family, and partners share for one another remains true and strong."

Mentioning Ce...soulstones may touch up some nerves instead though...

True about the AP smile.gif Hm, maybe I should try to catch zome Zombie fodders waiting till my fill grows up?

>That's definitely something I noticed, it's only the people that

>already have their eggs that are telling people to calm down.

Actually, I think it's mostly people who've been playing the game a long time who are counseling patience. We've seen this lots of times and know it always sorts out. I don't have a pair of each of the fire gem colors yet either, and I don't care because I know they're going to drop more later and I'll get as many of them as I want then.

I've seen people get frustrated like this over new releases that later turned out to be common as dirt and CB ones of the very same breed just sit around in the AP free for the taking anymore. There's no point panicking before anybody knows if these things are going to even be rare at all. They're definitely not going to get HARDER to catch than they are right now. They'll either get easier to catch--possibly a lot easier--or else they'll stay really rare like they are now. Either way, catching them is not going to get any worse than it is now, so if it's annoying, then you might as well just wait a while. It'll either get better and save you time and aggravation, or else you'll at least know for a fact that they're actual rares before having to get stressed about it.

Please note, I'm not trying to tell anybody else to shut-up, as it does not personally bother me at all if people are stressed out and expressing their stress. It's just that I hate to see people wasting their time being stressed about things that I happen to know are probably going to be non-issues in a short period of time.

I traded my second red for a green, so I at least have one of each. I guess i'll be happy with that

and i agree with everyone else that this comment section is for talking about the release, good AND bad.

That means those of us utterly screwed over becuase eggs that drop on a hourly rotation had a short window of time to get them and are now extremely hard to find for those looking do not need to be told to keep it to ourselves or to calm down.

many of us have spent DAYS, hours of those days, searching for these without any results. I think that gives us reason to voice a bit of frustration and displeasure.

And waiting does NOT guarantee we'd get them later. As i have mentioned before, i was present for the Copper release and the Xenowyrm release, but after that I have not seen a SINGLE egg of them in any biome. It's been a good while since they were released, and I still haven't seen a egg from them.

if i had waited on that release, i'd have screwed myself over on getting them AT ALL.

I try to get a male and female of each dragon, just TWO, of each new release breed on the off chance they become another xenowyrm or copper. Isntead i'll have one of each this time. But if these end up being like xenowyrms and coppers there is a very likely chance i will not get my other pairs for them.

Becuase people don't want to trade for common breeds very often. If they can get CB metals or spriter alt lineages for that CB egg, they're going to ask for those instead of common eggs. I cannot rely on other peoples' generosity to give me what i couldn't get on a release day, which is why i strive as hard as i can to get my male/female pair ON release day

Edited by Sirithiliel

It's not about being called out because there isn't anything to call out for. I'm one of the MANY people that has been unable to get any eggs while people like you hoard them and then tell us less lucky to not complain and be happy. That's like the rich people telling the poor to be happy because there is an economy.

Yes i'm definitely hoarding. 100% hoarding them. omnomnomnom.

Sarcasm aside, I got one of each Crystal plus one I found on the AP. And that makes me a horrible, horrible person, because i'm not simply giving away all the things I worked hard for to people who can get the same thing if they just wait 2 weeks for the hype to die down.

This isn't comparable to an economy. There is no "rich" or "poor". You will get the same things eventually.

>That's definitely something I noticed, it's only the people that

>already have their eggs that are telling people to calm down.

Actually, I think it's mostly people who've been playing the game a long time who are counseling patience. We've seen this lots of times and know it always sorts out. I don't have a pair of each of the fire gem colors yet either, and I don't care because I know they're going to drop more later and I'll get as many of them as I want then.

I've seen people get frustrated like this over new releases that later turned out to be common as dirt and CB ones of the very same breed just sit around in the AP free for the taking anymore. There's no point panicking before anybody knows if these things are going to even be rare at all. They're definitely not going to get HARDER to catch than they are right now. They'll either get easier to catch--possibly a lot easier--or else they'll stay really rare like they are now. Either way, catching them is not going to get any worse than it is now, so if it's annoying, then you might as well just wait a while. It'll either get better and save you time and aggravation, or else you'll at least know for a fact that they're actual rares before having to get stressed about it.

Please note, I'm not trying to tell anybody else to shut-up, as it does not personally bother me at all if people are stressed out and expressing their stress. It's just that I hate to see people wasting their time being stressed about things that I happen to know are probably going to be non-issues in a short period of time.

This.

Edited by Robot Chimera

Hey guys how's the hunting going-

user posted image

telling frustrated people that they're being unreasonable or throwing tantrums isn't going to calm anyone down

user posted image

Lol, appropriate and quite funny too. I like you.

user posted image

This entire thread right now! rolleyes.gif Want some popcorn? Hehe. I'm just having fun watching the volcano for drops right now. I am scroll locked, so I couldn't add any more even if I wanted (which I do, eventually, but not until there are not 70+ people in the volcano!).

Yay! My eggs hatched and there are adults!

Personally, I prefer the Tetra dragons over the Fire Gems (The blue is a bit too dark for my tastes, while the red and green are nice, something about them just doesn't make me want more of them beyond an adult pair of each, as well as a gendered hatchling pair of each for sprite collecting) but all of them are very nice and I applaud the spriters.

Now to pick up a few Volcano blockers to see if I can't help people find the Fire Gem eggs.

Yes i'm definitely hoarding. 100% hoarding them. omnomnomnom.

Sarcasm aside, I got one of each Crystal plus one I found on the AP. And that makes me a horrible, horrible person, because i'm not simply giving away all the things I worked hard for to people who can get the same thing if they just wait 2 weeks for the hype to die down.

This isn't comparable to an economy. There is no "rich" or "poor". You will get the same things eventually.

This.

There is obviously no end to this argument the way it is going. Let me get to the bottom of what is irking me about what you have said.

I can complain, you can complain, we can all complain and say what we feel needs to be said. YOU have no right to tell people that are upset, frustrated, and willing to wring the neck of anyone foolish enough to get close enough that they have to go to pm and complain to friends they may not even have just because you don't want to read about people that are having such a hard time. I have every right to be upset even if it is a game.

user posted image

Dragon Cave Forums in a nutshell.

use the flames to cook your popcorn.

Also, does anyone know what specific species of Tetra the adults are based on? Or are they based on the fish at all?

Edited by Robot Chimera

Any further instances of: calling users selfish or accusing them of hoarding, accusing users of throwing a fit or a temper tantrum, or any other even semi-name calling will result in a warn and removal of your post.

All users are allowed an opinion that they are allowed to politely express, whether this is joy at having caught 100 new eggs, disappointment at catching none or just a few, gushing over the sprites, or offering concrit on the sprites.

I don't want to have to close this thread. So everybody please take a deep breathe and take a short break. You disagree with each other but still respect each other's right to express an opinion.

user posted image

LOL Oh you made me sad, though. Miss Community.

So, I am back for a break from the cleaning and trying to recover from the drama of bathing the more difficult to groom of my cats.

I have to say that I think there should be some leeway here. People who are frustrated should be able to voice that. People who want to talk about other topics should simply carry on talking about the other topics surround the releases.

I did learn there was a chance of nabbing one from the AP by reading everything since my last post, and I did actually see a green there. Didn't get it, but it was the first I have seen of any of the new eggs.

I'm not going to obsessively hunt any more, but I'm also going to resign myself to the fact that I may not get CBs of them. I love to have a CB pair of as many as possible, but I have contented myself with (for example) bred Xenos, whose release I was here for and still couldn't get.

The sprites I have seen of the Tetras are adorbs. I really look forward to getting any of these guys, which makes the game entertaining to me. I'm one of those people who gets distracted when there isn't something to find and so I wander off. I'm counting on a lot of the current hunters being like me. biggrin.gif

Also, does anyone know what specific species of Tetra the adults are based on? Or are they based on the fish at all?

The artist said they based the colors of their favorite pet fish they had, so I'd say it is inspiried by the fish itself in some way. Regardless, i love it. biggrin.gif

Yes. Here's Cort's extended info post.

Meta: The Tetra Dragon was a personal nostalgia project. I wanted to create a dragon that I could imagine being released when I first joined. The colors are based on neon tetra fish - my favorite fish from my aquarium growing up. Hope you enjoy them!

I believe Cort mentioned neon tetras by name.

Yes. Here's Cort's extended info post.

Oh sweet! I figured it was one of the Neons because of the red belly but I kept googling for something with black-tipped fins lol.

I guessed they'd be based on the fish though because the fish are schooling types and hate being alone.

The sprites I have seen of the Tetras are adorbs. I really look forward to getting any of these guys, which makes the game entertaining to me.

Right? biggrin.gif They're just so HAPPY! I really wish I could hear the joke they just told! I love bad puns! laugh.gif

I gotta say I was super excited when TJ's babies grew up, I love how the fire gems look and will probably breed them with gemshards

Edited by Cecona

All users are allowed an opinion that they are allowed to politely express, whether this is joy at having caught 100 new eggs, disappointment at catching none or just a few, gushing over the sprites, or offering concrit on the sprites.

This is what I was trying to get at earlier. We all have opinions. We should all be allowed to express our opinions without fear of getting called out for it. If those opinions are frustration, well it should be allowed. If those opinions are "I want to grab every single one of these mwahahaha" we should be allowed. There is no reason to try to silence others just because you don't agree with their point of view.