TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

I caught all of mine 12+ hours after release on mobile. Multiple. It's difficult but not impossible. And there was mixing but by no means to the degree there is now. I think they're so hard to catch because there are so many ppl hunting right now. I'd wait it out, tbh, they're not limited edition or anything, they'll be around for a good long while.

See, exactly​. It's not like they're going to disappear by tomorrow!

Yikes everyone. Glad I haven't been around in a bit.

(I joined the hunt a day late and still managed to catch some- on a mobile device. I don't think hurling insults at people is gaining anyone anything)

In the end, it's just a game, and these are a permanent release. You can always hunt/trade/breed later on, too, not just right now.

Maybe Metals is better than just golds, because I know I've seen multiple metals. I'm not sure if you have been camping and refreshing literally every second like I have. I do not lie about the numbers I've seen myself. I can believe you may have seen a few fire gems ALL day, but that is ALL DAY. in a span of two hours I saw multiple magmas, 2 silvers, a gold, and one or two coppers. So lets look at those stats. in two hours, only 1 fire gem dropped while there were 5 or 6 magmas and 5 or 6 metals.

This is not hysteria, this is fact

2 silvers and a gold? blink.gif If you saw that, you're connection is probably very good. Besides, if you caught those you easily could have traded for some crystals. wink.gif

I caught all of mine 12+ hours after release on mobile. Multiple. It's difficult but not impossible. And there was mixing but by no means to the degree there is now. I think they're so hard to catch because there are so many ppl hunting right now. I'd wait it out, tbh, they're not limited edition or anything, they'll be around for a good long while.

How long ago were Aeons released? Do you know how many of those I've been able to catch? 0

Just because a dragon is permanent doesn't mean it will be any easier to catch as time goes on.

@polly: It's a new computer, it's pretty fast. I didn't catch any of the metals though, I was only able to grab a magma and a chicken but I'm gifting those.

Edited by Cecona

I honestly wish I had time to hunt haha. I'd love to use this opportunity to hunt for rares while everyone is all over the fire gems.

How long ago were Aeons released? Do you know how many of those I've been able to catch? 0

Just because a dragon is permanent doesn't mean it will be any easier to catch as time goes on.

lmao that was my example too.

seriously tho, Aeons are p uncommon blink.gif

Edited by kittyrules2003

For all you people saying 'stop being salty'. You say that catching these eggs are supposed to be a challenge? That its the 'fun of the chase'

Got a challenge for you. How about you all go and leave your super fast internet location for some place without fast internet and try hunting on a mobile device and then tell me 'Dont be salty'. Because that is my situation. I dont own a computer so I get 1 change per ever 5 minutes IF any crystals drop because there is no ctrl click to open in new tab on mobile. By the time I 'click' and get taken to the 'Someone got this egg first' page and manage to back space all potential crystals are gone and im stuck staring at brimstones, guardians, and mints among a few others.

Since I woke up this morning Ive been hunting..Ive see maybe 3 eggs (sometimes I miss a drop or two due to distraction and a girl DOES have to eat) and missed them all. I only have a kindle fire and a Galaxy express 3 (android phone) with which to hunt. No fancy computers or click bots or anything most of you guys have. I finally said '**** it' and quit trying after getting so p*ssed off I wanted to hurl my phone.

I only found out about these darn eggs Monday night...I stayed up until I went crosseyed and only managed 2 blues and a green. Not only that but one blue was a GIFT. (I only got it because someone felt bad for me when I admitted in the DC chat that I was crying due to being completely frustrated...this after non stop hunting for 3 hours with nothing to show for it)

Oh and for the person who likened this type of hunting to CB gold hunting? I'VE PLAYED SINCE 2008 AND DONT HAVE A CB GOLD. Also CB golds spawn in most if not all biomes and most people dont actively hunt them because they are smart and realize its easier to trade for them from the few with super computers, fast reflexes, and great internet. CB golds are SUPPOSED to be rare...they have always been that way. These new Fire Gems are most likely going to be no more than Uncommon...they should be easier to find then a CB gold...and yet right now I'd probably have more luck seeing a CB gold.

That said I give the blep up on catching these hellbeasts...I'll maybe try for a red crystal during halloween when everyone is busy hunting ap for pretty lineages or something (hunting during holiday breeding is easier...finally got a leetle tree last year during a holiday breeding week.)

Anyways as I've given up due to my hands going all tingly from clutching my dang cellphone for half the day I guess I'll post this and go watch youtube...maybe some satisfying videos because DC and its 'oh I still think its 2011 user ratios' is so /unsatisfying/

I have compassion for you because I know what you are going through and you have a right to be vocal about it. My computer is a POS and my internet connection can be pretty sketchy and I must have missed the flood because the volcano eggs were pretty sparse when I realized there was a new release and now as far as I am concerned the eggs are nonexistent.

I'm hoping we (those of us who weren't able to get all the eggs for one reason or another) are able to trade for the ones we need in the near future.

Don't give up.

Yes, but there will be time to catch them later, especially when there aren't 80+ people in the volcano. I'm sure that there are many kind people on the forums who would be happy to help you.

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

@polly: It's a new computer, it's pretty fast. I didn't catch any of the metals though, I was only able to grab a magma and a chicken but I'm gifting those.

I could help you catch an Aeon. I caught one just a few weeks ago and I was handing them out the days of and after their release

I personally have had pretty good experience hunting on a Macbook, my wifi is just normal. Glad to hear you're gifting! Spread the love, everyone.

Maybe Metals is better than just golds, because I know I've seen multiple metals. I'm not sure if you have been camping and refreshing literally every second like I have. I do not lie about the numbers I've seen myself. I can believe you may have seen a few fire gems ALL day, but that is ALL DAY. in a span of two hours I saw multiple magmas, 2 silvers, a gold, and one or two coppers. So lets look at those stats. in two hours, only 1 fire gem dropped while there were 5 or 6 magmas and 5 or 6 metals.

This is not hysteria, this is fact

I believe what Pie is getting at is that, because the gem fires go fast, if you don't refresh at the exact instant it pops up, someone who did probably already snagged it. They ARE dropping, but because they are in intense demand right now, they are gone before many people even seen them.

Are you counting coppers among metals? I see that many magmas and coppers in a 2 hour time span normally, easily. Because people are so focused on the gem fire description, metals and other rares are actually much easier to catch right now. They delay in the biomes just a bit longer, so they are going to pop up and be visible more often. It's not that more metals are dropping; it's that there is the completely normal ratio wonkiness of a new release (where they go artificially rare for a while after) combined with people grabbing them before a good percentage of the viewers even see them pop up.

I'm not arguing against anyone venting or being frustrated. I'm merely stating that this artificial rarity is actually quite common with releases (especially multi-colour releases like this!), and that they are dropping. I have seen several wiz by. I'm not even actively hunting them (I prefer the tetra in this release, to be honest; their smile is so enamouring!), but I've seen them popping up. I've also been tracking the trades involving them, and people ARE catching them. When you consider only a small number of what is dropped will make it to the trade forums, they're dropping like a mid-uncommon right now, but they're being snapped up like ultra-rares. That is quite normal for these kind of releases.

I'm seeing a couple gendered hatchies here or there in hatcheries! Anyone else getting genders?

Yes, but there will be time to catch them later, especially when there aren't 80+ people in the volcano.

I really do need to calm down, It's just frustrating because I did have all the eggs but forgot to fog them before I went to sleep. So round two of trying to catch these things has been going on since I found my eggs dead. I've lowered my hopes from a male and female of each colors to just one red fire gem any gender.

@raptor: That is very sweet of you, but I plan on breeding the Aeon I got from the trading board with my female kingcrowne and get either egg because I need adults for both those.

*waits for TJ to show up, see this mess, and react either by fixing this or by telling us what's going on*

(not needing to hunt BTW, I have all I wanted, yet I'm looking here and I see this is not normal. The report of more metals than Fire Gems from a person camping for so many hours is just screaming sth is wrong indeed)

I really do need to calm down, It's just frustrating because I did have all the eggs but forgot to fog them before I went to sleep. So round two of trying to catch these things has been going on since I found my eggs dead. I've lowered my hopes from a male and female of each colors to just one red fire gem any gender.

@raptor: That is very sweet of you, but I plan on breeding the Aeon I got from the trading board with my female kingcrowne and get either egg because I need adults for both those.

Woah, your eggs died? Just wondering, do you put them in hatcheries at 7 days old and then fog them (and is it better than what I do)? I usually wait for 6 days and 23 hours then leave them in a hatchery haha.

Edited by kittyrules2003

You're not the only person who had their eggs view bombed. A lot of people fell victim to being view bombed

Oooh, viewbombing sucks. I would be angry too. I'd be happy to breed you one for free if you'd like me to, if you want CB, maybe keep an eye on the AP and Departures thread in addition to the cave?

@Raptor of Dragons/ Yeah, there's been a lot of viewbombing since Valentines day. I've even been a victim...this is why I now hide my scroll.

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

*waits for TJ to show up, see this mess, and react either by fixing this or by telling us what's going on*

(not needing to hunt BTW, I have all I wanted, yet I'm looking here and I see this is not normal. The report of more metals than Fire Gems from a person camping for so many hours is just screaming sth is wrong indeed)

I've been trying all day to get TJ on here. So good luck *salutes*

I wait until my eggs are a day old before adding them to any hatchery, someone else added them or something. The amount of clicks was far too high for it to be someone innocently trying to help me though. I am trying my best to get my dragons myself and feel I've already accepted enough help from others with the three I have right now. I feel for all the others that were also view bombed and if I hadn't I would be trying to help them out too.

I'm on a phone in a third world country and managed to catch new eggs after finding out about the release the afternoon they came out. So it was possible... for a while. Got bad yesterday and worse today.

THAT BEING SAID, I still think this is yet another reason to advocate for the store suggestion. I wouldn't MIND super rares being a thing if there was a store where people could slowly build up currency through gameplay to get the rarest things. Golds and silvers are mad hard for people to catch even with fast connections, which means more rares like them would lead to even more people missing out, whichhh means they aren't generally added even though some more diversity would be good. But, if there was a way people could feel assured their hard work would eventually be rewarded, then I don't think it'd be half as much a problem as the current "you can try for years and STILL not catch a CB Gold!" arrangement.

Someone suggested doing a 24 hour new release drop and then resetting ratios after that day so people could stock up before the intended rarity hits, but unfortunately that's a short term solution that wouldn't fix things for either new players joining after the fact or old players trying to increase their collection.

I wait until my eggs are a day old before adding them to any hatchery, someone else added them or something. The amount of clicks was far too high for it to be someone innocently trying to help me though. I am trying my best to get my dragons myself and feel I've already accepted enough help from others with the three I have right now. I feel for all the others that were also view bombed and if I hadn't I would be trying to help them out too.

Yeah, there's a random troll going around the internet right now. *Death glare* Sighs...CB Silver. Goodbye, hopes of g2 from Alt during Valentines.

I wish I had extra eggs to give out to people ;w; I hope something is wrong-- not so you all would've wasted hours hunting, but so when it's fixed it'll be easier. How do you even get TJ online lol

There isn't really anything to fix. Honestly the person who reported "more metals than Fire Gems" is either extremely unlucky or heavily exaggerating.

This is a NORMAL release. This happened with Xenos as well as I hear from others.

People are mad. Why? They can't have exactly what they want WHEN they want it ~Removed~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I was actually on during the first hour they started dropping. I ended up going to bed at 3:30am which is the same time as the cave's (same timezone). By then, I had already seen regular eggs mixing in but was still able to catch some new eggs. So technically I seen them mix before the 4hr mark.

I would also like to add that I haven't seen CB Golds, Silvers, Chickens or any rares like those in over a year...so those who do, are lucky. But I won't whine about that, just stating it.

Edited by Twinstar

The blue Fire Gem is my favourite — and it looks like they'll all be Uncommon to Rare, because I haven't seen them in the cave since!

I've been camping for a day, ALL day, checking every 5 minutes...

I have a very good internet connection and computer...

The fact that I've only seen ONE Fire Gem in all that time is not right.

There is something wrong.