TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

Very pretty adults. I'm relieved. They do give me a bit of a Christmas vibe more so than a Valentine's one, though.

I agree. But they look quite pretty. smile.gif

What happened to the old sprites? Did I miss something? They were lovely, I loved the egg and I was very excited to see the adult - I liked the softer take on a valentines dragon.

Not that they aren't well done, but the new egg/hatchie sprites are just.... disappointing in comparison. I wonder what happened.

Just saw the adult pop up - it's nice, but I was kinda hoping for something outside that sharp, gnarled style DC seems to be going toward with a lot of the new sprites. Oh well.

Well the adults are alright. I still think the whole line looks too sharp ... Oh well.

I was wondering who the new artists are too

I do hope the sprites themselves get a bit of polishing though, the details on the adult sprite (although very pretty) look rather muddy/difficult to distinguish. Same goes for hatchlings and eggs.

Well the adults are absolutely gorgeous and well-done.

Can something be done about the several straight lines on the hind right leg, though?

I love the tail. Though the head seems a bit disproportionately large. xd.png

I really like them. I'm so glad we still got a purple one despite the hangups.

Hmmm, adult sprite is rather pretty. I like those shades of purple a lot and the gold is a nice match. But I'm sorry to say that the description doesn't do much for me. Matchmaking again (I know it's Valentine's, but still), and it seems like pretty much all traits aside from the pearl can be found in other dragons.

Edit: Or maybe I'm reading the description for the old sprite, considering it is still mentioning a pearl in the antlers.

Edited by Ripan

What happened to the old sprites? Did I miss something? They were lovely, I loved the egg and I was very excited to see the adult - I liked the softer take on a valentines dragon.

Not that they aren't well done, but the new egg/hatchie sprites are just.... disappointing in comparison. I wonder what happened.

Just saw the adult pop up - it's nice, but I was kinda hoping for something outside that sharp, gnarled style DC seems to be going toward with a lot of the new sprites. Oh well.

We don't know what happened, only that something did that required a full-line replacement. Not really a fan, tbh.

This is one very rare time I'm going to go all out. Probably going to hurt feelings, and for that I apologize, but my feelings are valid, too.

I named my babies, before the change, Trippy Fuzzbutt and Limpy Fuzzbutt. The elegant, streamlined, very graceful look of the baby made me squeal with joy, and I love giving humorous names to my best breeder lines.

This change, though. I'm sad to say I find it quite ugly. The pose makes me think that poor lump is going to fall over with its too big head, and the feet look too small to support its size. The colours are harsh compared to the streamlined original, and looks very pixel-y. The blue eye just seems dotted there.

I'm sorry if this hurts feelings, but this is my honest opinion... I don't like it, and unless the Adult is far and away better, I probably won't be breeding them. sad.gif

EDIT: Just saw TJs adult. Pretty, but not exactly what I was hoping for. It's... Inelegant, to me.

Edited by PaintdGryphon

I wonder if one of the two spriters for these guys couldn't be reached to sign off the permission? HMMM...

Both of them have posted in the thread at least once being excited that their work was in-cave though, so I don't think that could be the case.

I really hope that they didn't have to lose their alts and having their dragons in-cave because of some other error :/ That would be really crappy.

Adults do look nice, though I'm again curious where the sprites actually came from, given the lack of credits.

Also, there's something of a grammar flub in the adult descriptions. That last sentence is structured strangely - it shouldn't start with 'although' the way it does, sans a comma.

Something like "However, due to the..." would work better.

Both of them have posted in the thread at least once being excited that their work was in-cave though, so I don't think that could be the case.

I really hope that they didn't have to lose their alts and having their dragons in-cave because of some other error :/ That would be really crappy.

Oh no, I hope that's not the case... that would be awful.

The description is wrong..

In the adult description, it still says the pearl they carry around atop their antlers.

But they are indeed very beautiful in my opinion smile.gif

Edited by arjunvohra

WAAHOOOW the adult is VERY BEAUTIFUL, well done whoever had to rush-create all these new sprites!

really would want to see what the original would have been, but not showing it is probably for the better lol. hope we get some behind-the-scenes info about what happened somewhen^^

I would have loved to have seen the real adults with the hooves and fluff and the elegant look the hatchlings were leading to.

This is one very rare time I'm going to go all out. Probably going to hurt feelings, and for that I apologize, but my feelings are valid, too.

I named my babies, before the change, Trippy Fuzzbutt and Limpy Fuzzbutt. The elegant, streamlined, very graceful look of the baby made me squeal with joy, and I love giving humorous names to my best breeder lines.

This change, though. I'm sad to say I find it quite ugly. The pose makes me think that poor lump is going to fall over with its too big head, and the feet look too small to support its size. The colours are harsh compared to the streamlined original, and looks very pixel-y. The blue eye just seems dotted there.

I'm sorry if this hurts feelings, but this is my honest opinion... I don't like it, and unless the Adult is far and away better, I probably won't be breeding them. sad.gif

I think with a change like this it's okay to voice up a bit more

I agree- when I logged in and saw the change my heart kinda just sunk in dc world. Where did the beauties go? It seems like my names don't even fit anymore and I need to use those pretty names on something else.

Ditto on the ugly, harsh, pixely new version. s: I won't be breeding them

I think the descriptions could use some work, as even the hatchie sounds just off and not professional "that it always brings with it. " could be, 'always brings along'

Off topic; I think they'd get along with my Witchlights, who are also all called Fuzzbutt xd.png

On topic; I have to admit, while I like the sprite, there are problems with the adult, too. I might breed one to one of my Witchlights at Halloween and the other to my Snow, but otherwise I might not be using these.

Except with Shadow Walkers, everything looks good with Shadow Walkers tongue.gif

I suspect we will not be seeing a "what may have been" sprite any time soon, lest the userbase start clamouring for it instead of the replacement sprite. Whatever it was, it's gone and we won't be having it for whatever reason. I'm just glad the change happened before TJ's ones adulted.

I'm not really a fan of the new sprites,the older ones looked more graceful and they were more deer-like which I loved.Oh well..

Oh I was thinking permission too- in which case I'd be excited to have the other sprites back if it was that easy (:

I hope we do get more of an explanation though... kinda super lame to me how it all is right now

Uhm, let's keep it civil, ok? I understand that you might like previous spirits more, but calling new ones "crappy" is a bit harsh. From what we know, something happened and new ones had to be created fast and FAST. And the artist(s) managed, we got new dragons. Let's wait for adults' form, perhaps some minor mistakes will be fixed with time. Peace.

THIS. 100%.

Newer users might not remember the Great Fog. I don't, and I've been on since 2009. But I've heard of it. But I WAS around for the issues with DoveALove. And Frills.

I do not know why the sprite was changed, but changes like this do not happen for no reason. There had to be a really compelling reason behind it.

PLEASE be civil to the artist/s and sprites who may well have saved us from even bigger problems. I'm not one to hold back, when I don't like something and have no problems going up against artists.

But in this case, I can think of many worse situations than a hatchy sprite change that we had for all of 3 days. If you think about it, I'm sure everyone complaining can ALSO think of them.

Cheers!

C4.

Okay, so I am stuck in the nest at the beginning... I know, I am awful, and I hate the difficulty of this... How do I escape?

Well I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed at the changed sprites, but the new art is nice too. I love the wings on the adult.

I definitely liked the first hatchlings better.

Hm. We'll never know. I'm sure it was a difficult situation.

Not really a fan of them but that's just me. I don't like swirly designs on wings and those drops. I'm not an artist so I don't have anything to say about their actual quality.