TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

SNOWS LOOK LIKE SOLSTICES ?

ONE of us needs new glasses.... laugh.gif

Actually, I think Snows look like a cross between Solstice and Aangs-sister's Alt Wrapping Wing.

And I have two new pairs of glasses. tongue.gif

It's a real DC holiday - incomplete without SOME kind of drama! xd.pngrolleyes.gif

I was a bit startled to refresh my scroll and see a completely different sprite, and I am powerfully curious as to what went on behind the scenes to prompt such a change, but I'll reserve judgement on the dragon until I see the adults. After all, that's what I'll be breeding and making lineages with. *nods*

Oh no... I come back online to find the gorgeous sprites before have been changed to messy harsh looking, sharp edged ones. sad.gif I hope the adults aren't the same jagged look, especially not for valentines... To me it looks like the current sprites lost detailing and elegance. Oh well I guess!

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Well, somebody had a brainfart and changed them to crap sprites...😜💩

Someone changed them. They are not crap. Though I do miss the fluff. It's amazing how very fast we can get attached to something.

And we do NOT know that the adults aren't exactly the first number that was ever thought of. It may well be just a hatchie change. Either way - it is not nice to the spriters to diss these just because they changed. And it seems to have been something rather more than a brainfart.

ETA LAURA !!! Where ya BEEN ? wub.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'm glad to see confirmation that the sprites did change. I thought I was going crazy!

I don't have any particularly strong feelings about it because I didn't have a lot of time to get attached to the old sprites. Glad they swapped it before the adults came out I guess.

Even the egg sprite was modified a bit

user posted image New Egg Vs. Old Egg user posted image

Newer egg looks sloppier IMO.

it looks really sloppy... the shading seems to jump around and be inconsistent

Someone changed them. They are not crap. Though I do miss the fluff. It's amazing how very fast we can get attached to something.

And we do NOT know that the adults aren't exactly the first number that was ever thought of. It may well be just a hatchie change. Either way - it is not nice to the spriters to diss these just because they changed. And it seems to have been something rather more than a brainfart.

ETA LAURA !!! Where ya BEEN ? wub.gif

Hatchies have seen some pretty big changes, so adults have probably changed too (loss of hooves and fluff if nothing else). Tbh I'm amazed there was even a back up set of sprites TO be used.

I know some holiday concepts were sent in literally a day before being used; I wonder if one of the two spriters for these guys couldn't be reached to sign off the permission? HMMM...

The old egg looked gorgeous, like a purple pearl. The new egg looks....well. Odd. But I'm not a spriter, I appreciate how hard sprites are.

I was hoping it was just a hatchie sprite modification, and that the adults will remain the same (not that we'd know xd.png). But seeing the egg kinda makes me doubt that now. I hope we at least see whatever the original sprite was if it's not the original being used.

And I just realised what the S1's make me think of; goats. They've gone from deer to goats.

Edited by CharonDusk

THE SCANDAL!!!!!

No kidding, it looks like it was made in an hour, tops... Just really inconsistently done.

Uhm, let's keep it civil, ok? I understand that you might like previous spirits more, but calling new ones "crappy" is a bit harsh. From what we know, something happened and new ones had to be created fast and FAST. And the artist(s) managed, we got new dragons. Let's wait for adults' form, perhaps some minor mistakes will be fixed with time. Peace.

Yikes egg! I hope we do get to see what the original adult looked like.

At least valentines was never my favorite holiday anyway xd.png

What has me curious is - there are no sprite credits on the hatchlings now. Did TJ make the new set?

(And if so, does that mean there are no spriter's alts for these guys? I mean... I think that's kind of tragic, because for all the spriters that submitted a dragon this year, it means none of them won.)

I do think the old egg and s1 looked better. I do like the s2, though. And it was probably better that the switch was made before we saw the adults.

Edited by Dianacat777

Very pretty adults. I'm relieved. They do give me a bit of a Christmas vibe more so than a Valentine's one, though.

And there's an adult. Still holding the pearl in its paw rather than its antlers, and still a lack of spriter info. Still, I like her face and the wing details.

The adults do indeed look pretty, but the name makes me think "deer" and the adults don't. Also, think the info might get modded, since it says it holds the pearl in the antlers but the sprite looks like it's at it's paw?

The adults are fine, although I would have preferred the presumably more deer-like adult with a name like that. Not a favorite, though.

Aaaand the adult description still mentions carrying the pearl on the antlers. xd.png

Safe to say these weren't the original sprites in that case.

They're pretty, but the deerishness of the old hatchies is what really drew me to them. I wasn't around to get CB Solstices, and I would have loved having some other CB deers...

What happened to the gorgeous sprites from before? Why have they been changed???

The others looked like gorgeous elegant deer like dragons. No offence to the new spriter but I am really disappointed in the new look...

Edited by maylin