TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

"It has a shimmering pearl balancing on its antlers."

smh the S1s don't even have antlers anymore. Edit: the S2s aren't even holding their pearls with their antlers, what a mess.

Looks like they don't have hooves either. I was so looking forward to a pretty deer dragon.

New sprites don't even give artist credit.

Edited by Derranged

The hatchling sprites give me a Mutamore vibe tho

I think the adult changed too? since the original had a pearl on it's antlers?

Not a fan of the new hatchlings, like many of you. I wish we knew why. Fingers crossed for a pretty adult, at the very least.

Well, there you have it....

The great sprite conspiracy of 2017 Valentines has begun!😱😱😱😭😩😫😖😰😨

My babies, oh my babies! They were so pretty, now !;#_@$(

We just now have to ponder what the other sprites might had become😒😞😣

I, too, preferred the older ones- they were just so cute and full of life. I don't like the new S1 at all and the S2 is just kinda..... meh. I was so hyped for the original dragon and it looks like a totally different concept with a similar color scheme now.

So far, I'm not a fan of the new ones at all- but I guess I'll hold off judgement until the adults are revealed :< I was super looking forward to a cute deer-dragon with those big antlers.

Wait where is the pearl? And i only saw the changed stage 2 hatchlings the new stage 1 hatchling is not cute. sad.gif

Stage 2 is not that bad, but where the hell is the pearl? And the antlers should be bigger.

Edited by Tigerkralle

Wait where is the pearl? And i only saw the changed stage 2 hatchlings the new stage 1 hatchling is not cute. sad.gif

Stage 2 is not that bad, but where the hell is the pearl? And the antlers should be bigger.

I think it might be the weird lump on their head, but it's hard to tell.

On the S1s the pearl is between their front feet. On the S2s they're holding it in a forepaw.

It's easier to see on a darker site theme.

Just wondered if the new look of my S1 was an April joke in February https://i.imgur.com/9IK0ZQw.png blink.gif

S2 is not bad, its just very sad that we wont see the true adults now sad.gif

and nothing compares to the original hatchies... I just wonder what circumstances could cause such a thing unsure.gif

On the s2 hatchling, they now hold the pearl in one of their forelegs...

I too preferred the old sprites sad.gif

On the S1s the pearl is between their front feet. On the S2s they're holding it in a forepaw.

It's easier to see on a darker site theme.

That might be even worse, considering the description mentions it being in their antlers...

What happened to the dragon sprites??

Figured out the when but why? What unforeseen circumstances changed all the sprite mid release??

Edited by Asketil

The new s2 looks a lot like a different artist style (seems like birdz or odeen! ohmy.gif so will be amazing) I'm guessing artist credits issue occurred.

I hope at least Edwardelricfreak and Tazzay were the spriters for these, too...would be awful if they had their concept highjacked like that...not to mention no longer getting their alts...

Thanks for the explanation TJ.

I went away this morning and all was well. Got home and I thought I'd "slipped a cog" when I checked my hatchlings. I have to say though that I am glad there were substitutes because of the unforeseen whatever regarding the originals...but I really loved the originals sad.gif

I have to admit, I really prefer the new dragon's original sprites. The new ones aren't bad, but I thought the originals were really cute and they made me excited to see the adult. Now I'm less enthusiastic. Again, the new sprites aren't bad- far from it- but my personal preference will always be for the originals.

I really love the new ones. The other one was lovely, but there are already so many dragons with antlers that look like reindeer. Thanks for updating us on the situation TJ!

Awwwww, the pearl is in the Paw! And I like the Antlers being on the s2, baby deer are not after all born with antlers! (ouch, poor momma!) I'm glad they look less like Solstices now, though. tongue.gif That would make 3 holidays look like deer.

As for the rest.... Remember DC's history, and the Great Fog. Remember what nearly happened with Dovealove. Remember Frills, and what nearly happened with them.

Whatever happened to cause another sprite change out like this... it couldn't have been good. I'm just glad it worked its way out before people started building lineages.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

I just hope we get more explanation on why the sprites changed later...

EDIT: The hatchling descriptions have changed now too!

From the 'shimmering pearl in the antlers' it's now 'It has a conjured a shimmering pearl that it always brings with it.'

Even the egg sprites have changed, the twirl on the egg is the other way round!

Edited by arjunvohra

Well, to me, it did look very similiar to both the Solstice and BSA Purple dragons. So maybe their artists complained?

What happened to the dragon sprites??

Figured out the when but why? What unforeseen circumstances changed all the sprite mid release??

I can only assume a credit issue, but still...

e: also, three dragons that look deer-like is not a lot of deer-like dragons when we have so many genericly draconic dragons. They became less unique and less interesting with this change.

Edited by Guillotine