TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Okay, thanks, I gathered we had to do something like that after Perl spoke to me just after posting that. Done all the quests again except for that one, but there's still two icons unticked; a book and a paw? What are they related to?

Edit; Okay, why are there orange Zora here?

The paw one has to do with a new quest that was added yesterday. It's called finding Patch. You go to Alhira to the dog park and talk to Jade (green-haired fellow), he'll ask you to find his dog and you'll get some items as a reward. For the book icon, you have to deliver firewood that Hilde gives you (she's in the North of Nulhora), and give it to Jade in Alhira. There's two Jade sprites in Alhira though, the one you want to give the firewood to is near the crystal fountain/ornament thing.

Okay, thanks, I gathered we had to do something like that after Perl spoke to me just after posting that. Done all the quests again except for that one, but there's still two icons unticked; a book and a paw? What are they related to?

Edit; Okay, why are there orange Zora here?

The book is the story quest. To activate it, walk inside and then outside of your house again. The story quest is delivering firewood to the other town. The paw print is a new minigame you can receive decorative items for. Hint: It's a paw-print. We already had a cat quest, but we did see another animal with paw prints. Maybe check out that area of the game again to find that new game. ;3

As for your edit, (did you talk to them?) I guess we'll have to wait and see how that plays out with the story. Otherwise, they could just be introducing us to more DC lore with the thalassians (sp?).

I went to deliver the package to Gladys, but all she says is "Oh Hello". I went back to talk to Hand and he still tells me I've got to deliver it to Gladys.

Someone else said they had to go to the other town and refresh a few times before Gladys would accept their package.

I finally figured out where to get the firewood, but the whole thing freezes as soon as I receive it. I've restarted a few times now and it keeps doing it. I'm not a fan of this sort of game and I was rather disappointed to find we had another event like this, something my current issue isn't helping. I know how much work went into the event and I greatly appreciate all the time and effort that went into creating it, but I desperately hope we have something different next year.

Why can't I give the parcel to Gladys?

Glitch. Try to refresh while in her house, according to:

Word to those with issues concerning furniture glitching or Gladys not accepting her darned package:

Refresh your browser while you're in your house (for the furniture reappearing/rearranging/whatevering).

Refresh your browser while in Gladys' house (for her refusal to acknowledge you pushing a package in her face).

It solved both problems for me.  Now I don't leave my house after fiddlin' with furniture without hard refreshing the browser first.  Gotta love command-R.

My problem is GLADYS not giving the quest dialogue. The furniture stays put.

I followed the instruction to refresh inside her house and I still get the same greeting.

I refreshed inside her house and the dialogue was still a non-quest greeting.

I'm trying to find Hilde and I can't. I feel so clueless in this game. :-)

She's up in the northwest to the west of the sledding game. :3

Okay, cheers guys.

And in response, Sockpuppet, yep, spoke to them. They're Zora that have been in a spray-tan booth too long? xd.png Certainly interesting to see a bit more lore, though, especially that there's not just humans and dragons as the resident sentient species.

Someone else said they had to go to the other town and refresh a few times before Gladys would accept their package.

I'll try it! Hopefully it'll work - I'll update ohmy.gif

Edit: Nope, didn't work for me.

Edited by andromedae

I'm trying to find Hilde and I can't. I feel so clueless in this game. :-)

Hilde is north of Nulhora, in the upper left corner

I'll try it! Hopefully it'll work - I'll update ohmy.gif

Edit: Nope, didn't work for me.

How about a hard refresh or resetting your location with the link?

How about a hard refresh or resetting your location with the link?

Just tried. Won't work either.

I cannot express how happy I was to find that the Christmas dragons are still able to be picked up and were not only available on the 25th! <3

Wow, look at those gendered hatchlings. ohmy.gif Their appearance is promising, but what of the concept?

Thanks to the people who helped me find Hilde. Whew! This game is a lot of fun, but by the time I found Hilde I felt like Stanley must have felt when he found Livingstone. :-)

Just tried. Won't work either.

I would say you're down to clearing your DC cookies and trying a different browser. :<

ok got it to gladys. everyone hold CTRL then tap F5 while your character is in gladys house if the mac version of hard refresh didn't work for you.

The cat rug is severely displeased by the fact that it breaks the dimensional rules. Or it just disapproves of your small house. It could really be either.

(Not sure if considered spoilery or not. Sorry if it is.)

I would say you're down to clearing your DC cookies and trying a different browser. :<

Different browser worked! Was on Chrome, did Safari.

I just can't find Patch sad.gif, this is really frustrating!!! Every dog looks the same and I just touched or something, every dog that looked like the one in the box, but nothing!!

Help!!! Be well, Monica

Edit: Did a hard refresh and it worked!! Yes!! Now I only have to find the cats or something!!

Edited by MonicaOP

I had to redo EVERYTHING I did yesterday (the 5 quests) sleep.gif and "the package to Gladys" glitch people have? I only have Pearl again and won't even get anythign for that Gladys at all:(

I had to redo EVERYTHING I did yesterday (the 5 quests) sleep.gif and "the package to Gladys" glitch people have? I only have Pearl again and won't even get anythign for that Gladys at all:(

Most of those quests are repeatables - you can do them every day.

The package, it's random who it sends you too, so it's ok! You just got sent to Perl today. smile.gif

Most of those quests are repeatables - you can do them every day.

The package, it's random who it sends you too, so it's ok! You just got sent to Perl today. smile.gif

but yet again to her? I'll let my bf do the game in a mo too but IF he's got things exactly like yesterday too.... ehh

Edited by VixenDra

... Alright I understand that the game has issues and can be confusing till you get your bearings but I can't be the only one frustrated at the amount of people having to repeat the same answers to the same questions, especially when the answers are repeatedly said in the page or two before the poster. Even if you don't want to read back, if you google 'dragcave christmas event' or something more specific you'll probably find what you're looking for. Don't get fed up and yell 'I hate this game for not saving my progress so I had to redo everything!!' without a cursory glance, because then you'd see that's an intended feature, etc.

Sorry for mini-rant. It just bothers me how rude some people are being. The coders worked really hard for this! It's meant to be a fun thing everyone can enjoy, and if you hate it then you don't have to play it.

That being said, I wonder if Gladys will be a little tamer tomorrow, since I ended up giving Bill a second package today? May have to try some of y'all's tips and tricks if she refuses to accept my package tongue.gif

I just received the Redshag Rug (Small) for delivering something to Janus (again), but when I look at it in my inventory it's blank. The picture of it in the inventory doesn't show up. I can still select it and it shows up in the house, though.