TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Flurry looks beautiful with that gold on his mane and tail, but I think I will freeze at the S1 point because that one looks utterly adorable.

When I came back to the game this morning all but my book icon were checked so I went off to re-do the quests to get more things and try to find the orange folks on the beach that others reported talking with...I haven't seen any such folks since I began the game.

All of the quests with a green check mark wouldn't let me re-do for more items. Even doing the sledding quest and beating the time didn't get me any more things.

I went to the dog park and found Jade, as I did when I played at 1230a EST this morning only this time Patch was standing next to him and there was no dog park. I went back headed for the teleport and there was Jade standing near the crystal fountain thingy. He thanked me for the firewood...that was a first! I went back to the dog park and there was Jade with Patch, where I had just left him blink.gif I decided to go to the teleport and looked for Jade on the way but he was no where to be found.

For the 2nd time my book now has a green check mark.

I went to my house to decorate and after I got it the way I wanted it save for a window lying on the floor that would allow me to place it any where else and wouldn't let me move or return it to inventory because there was no way to get the white outline square on any of the corners I gave up and left.

When I came back into my house all my new refurbishing was gone including the window on the floor blink.gif

What I've figured out is that when you get all the icons checked there is nothing to do unless one were to do a total refresh and I don't feel like doing that. Too much running around too many times yesterday.

Are there new quests today? Is there any walkthrough?

There's the story quest - Enter your house and exit again to make Perl talk to you. She will send you on a mission to get firewood and deliver it to Alhira

There's also the lost dog quest north of Alhira, at the dog park

Use this post for maps and a quest guide

Edited by LaHaine

I honestly thought this years dragon will be female, since every year they switch genders, this is the first time we get 2 males back to back.

Any ideas as to what these orange-scaled people who call themselves Thalassians are? Are they half dragon half human I wonder?

Edited by Drakelina

Approach her from a different angle ? like you have to speak to the teleporting dragon's stomach...!

im talking to jade but all he says is something about patch and nothing about firewood

Word to those with issues concerning furniture glitching or Gladys not accepting her darned package:

Refresh your browser while you're in your house (for the furniture reappearing/rearranging/whatevering).

Refresh your browser while in Gladys' house (for her refusal to acknowledge you pushing a package in her face).

It solved both problems for me. Now I don't leave my house after fiddlin' with furniture without hard refreshing the browser first. Gotta love command-R.

Juuust logged in and grabbed my dragons, yay! Kinda forgot during christmas itself, which is a first for me, but luckily they drop for 3 days! Time to start on the event smile.gif

There's the story quest - Enter your house and exit again to make Perl talk to you. She will send you on a mission to get firewood and deliver it to Alhira

There's also the lost dog quest north of Alhira, at the dog park

Use this post for maps and a quest guide

Oh, ok! Thank you so much ^^

jade isnt taking the firewood

Try looking for Jade near the crystal fountain thingy.

Does anyone know if this is just for a badge or an actual prize dragon? The game is really bad but I don't want to miss out on a chance for a prize.

Try looking for Jade near the crystal fountain thingy.

thank you so much!

no news on whether we're getting prize dragons back

I honestly thought this years dragon will be female, since every year they switch genders, this is the first time we get 2 males back to back.

No, that's valentines.

Solstice and mistletoe were both females.. I think for the winter holiday its same gender for two years, then switch.

Does anyone know if this is just for a badge or an actual prize dragon? The game is really bad but I don't want to miss out on a chance for a prize.

The badge might change after all 12 days of the event are complete. Like it has in the past. But Cellybean is right...No news on prizes.

There was no mention of a prize chance this year, so I think it is unlikely that it matters. The raffle or contest was always announced up front when there were prizes to gain.

Word to those with issues concerning furniture glitching or Gladys not accepting her darned package:

Refresh your browser while you're in your house (for the furniture reappearing/rearranging/whatevering).

Refresh your browser while in Gladys' house (for her refusal to acknowledge you pushing a package in her face).

It solved both problems for me. Now I don't leave my house after fiddlin' with furniture without hard refreshing the browser first. Gotta love command-R.

Thank you, that really saved me.

Uhm, were we supposed to get items from doing the wood delivery quest today? cous I finished the quest but haven't gotten anything for my house o.O

Uhm, were we supposed to get items from doing the wood delivery quest today? cous I finished the quest but haven't gotten anything for my house o.O

I didn't get anything either from that quest, but the green checkmark did appear.

I didn't get anything either from that quest, but the green checkmark did appear.

you dont get any items from the story quest

I don't like this game one bit. I've traveled all around, tried to talk to people and dragons and I get nothing. One will say the town has changed this year and another says the town is different this year.

I quite this game, it's not worth my time.

Hm ... nö?

Holly (2007) initially was male only.

Yulebuck (2008): male only

Snow Angel (2009): female only

Ribbon Dancer (2010): female only

Winter Magi (2011): male only

Wrapping Wing (2012): male only

Solstice (2013): female only

Mistletoe (2014): caveborns are female only

Aegis (2015) is again male only ... anyway, the new one to be male completely follows the previously observed pattern.

Oh my goodness those hatchies on the front page are precious! I can't wait to see them all grown up. smile.gif

I haven't had a lot of time to check out the game but I do think the new town looks quite amazing. smile.gif

Thank you, TJ and spriters!