TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

I've been glitched in the northern woods since the game released. I've tried clicking to reset my location, clearing my cache, cookies, web history, different browser, different PC, and I'm still stuck. Anything else I could try?

Sounds like maybe it's time for a help thread. There's a stuck thread here you could post in: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=177165 Hopefully TJ will wander by the thread (or you could PM him), since you've tried all the options I can think of. D:

Sounds like maybe it's time for a help thread. There's a stuck thread here you could post in: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=177165 Hopefully TJ will wander by the thread (or you could PM him), since you've tried all the options I can think of. D:

Apparently all it took was a post to the forum, because I just tried clicking on the reset location text again and it fixed my game biggrin.gif Thanks for the reply, Sock!

wheres the wiki forum thread?

In the fansites section with all other fansite threads.

~

The new dragons seem rather horse-inspired to me, so drakes are interesting speculation. The egg size could be irrelevant and Fini has had a lot of drakes here, but I would doubt it just because of the eggs. xP

Two more days til theyre adults!! *hums* I really like reading the speculation on the babies.. I'm still on a high that my babies were picked. smile.gif

Edited by EscapistLore

OMG...who can tell me why the green hair NPC don't talk to me...just stand there and with a big dog.

OMG...who can tell me why the green hair NPC don't talk to me...just stand there and with a big dog.

Are you sure you got close enough to them? Are facing them? Have you tried from multiple directions?

(What are you trying to do with that person?)

I love the hatchlings!

I can't play the game until tomorrow, but I'll be stalking the AP in a desperate hope that an egg I bred out of order and autoabandoned pops up so that I can have a second chance. *crosses fingers*

Are you sure you got close enough to them? Are facing them? Have you tried from multiple directions?

(What are you trying to do with that person?)

I try to talk to Jade[?]~

and thanks a lot for your helping~I maybe try again later.

really thank you!!

So I decorated my house, walked outside to confirm I had completed the quests, walked back in...all the decorations are put away again. Tested it repeatedly. Am I doing something wrong?

So I decorated my house, walked outside to confirm I had completed the quests, walked back in...all the decorations are put away again. Tested it repeatedly. Am I doing something wrong?

Try refreshing your browser before you leave the house.

Oooh, could the new dragon possibly be a drake? It looks like it has wing struts growing. The egg is of course not drake-sized, but the Pumpkin dragons' eggs aren't pygmy-sized either. I really hope it is, I love drakes. ;o; The coloration is pretty too, I like that warm shade of white.

No, sorry but it shows up on the list of eggs that my Vampire could bite. If I am correct drake eggs can't be bitten?

ok~sorry to bother again, about the dog.

I find Mune chasing bugs,so what shall I do to ?

It's seem can't take like cats.

thanks all of you~

ok~sorry to bother again, about the dog.

I find Mune chasing bugs,so what shall I do to ?

It's seem can't take like cats.

thanks all of you~

go to the left till you see a kid with green hair and talk to him

go to the left till you see a kid with green hair and talk to him

thanks,but only Patch staring me ,the green hair don't talk to me.

@-@

Is it something wrong?

please, no non-regular breeding group single genders ever... sad.gif how many years would we wait for the opposite gender of the corresponding holiday type of the same breeding group then, 20? more? forever? Kind of holidayXnon-holiday checker-forcing/favoring that would be... and it's not true so far with all of these being nicely of one breeding group! (holidayXholiday of the same type both may pass as an almost PB, still checkerish(sad.gif) but at least minimally related as in opposite to a holidayXnon-holiday or holidayCxholidayV), and completely unrelated checkers are possible any way...

Also, aren't draks too dumb to be a Christmas or Valentine breed? For Halloween, sure, a wild animal beast attacking everything on sight or sth like that, but the 2 other holidays? Just imagine, would sth this un-intelligent be even able to get any idea of any of those 2 holidays it woudl be supposed to eb a spirit of? I don't think so really... And it's one of the reasons why I definitely don't want a drak non-halloween holiday dragon in particular... and I'd feel REALLY weird seing a 2-headed Valentine... nope... To me it's like seing a skeletal zombie dragon being a Val or Chris spirit xd.png too grotesque!

The egg here wasn't of a drak, so this should be a regular dragon, a western judging from the S2. the drak egg size is already established for new releases. And I'd rather not accuse TJ or any artist to trick people like this in such case... that would be cruel... some people probably already have some particular lineage plans for this white-gold guy and it's with the true dragons because the egg indicated a true dragon.

PS. I'm saying 'Christmas' because 'holiday' is as broad as to cover all 3 holidays we have releases for^^; and I dont' know how to properly differentate that I mean this holiday and this is how it was called for almost all this time...^^; Maybe this could be called Jolly or Jollies after the Jolly Follies we had here last year(?)? it's still to be about cheer after all smile.gif

Edited by VixenDra

thanks,but only Patch staring me ,the green hair don't talk to me.

@-@

Is it something wrong?

if patch is there you've already dosent the minigame and the dog paw should have a green check

or are you trying to get the fire wood?

First I tried figuring it all out on my own. Then I came to the forum and tried reading all the posts about the event, but I couldn't find the info I needed. Then I went back to the game and tried on my own again. Then I came back here. Then I went to the Dragon Cave wiki, and I googled about the Dragon cave christmas event, and so on and so on. Finally I posted a tiny little question about how to find something. No one answered that first question, so I went back to trying to figure it out on my own. I nearly gave up, but finally was successful. And so the second time I had a problem, I looked for the answers here, got tired of scrolling through page after page, and just asked a question. This time I got the info I needed.

I wasn't trying to be a nuisance, and I'm sorry that I'm not one of those people who can just figure out these games all on their own. I love the game, but I'm tired of scrolling through thousands of answers about how to play it without finding what I'm looking for. There comes a time when it doesn't seem worth it to play when it takes so much time and there is so little reward.

I'm sorry you had trouble with the game. I wasn't calling anybody out in particular. But I feel it's worth mentioning that, if you checked the wiki and the forum and couldn't find the answer, then... this wasn't about you? It was about the people asking the same thing five other people did within the past three pages etc.

As for those having trouble getting the day to turn, I had the same problem! I had to clear cache and cookies for it to move onto the next day :/

Just sent my third batch of new Holidays to the AP. This is the first year I've been confident enough in my catching skills to toss mine for other people, and it feels good to do that.

Managed to grab one more Aegis today, and now I'm totally satisfied with my Holiday haul.

Just sent my third batch of new Holidays to the AP. This is the first year I've been confident enough in my catching skills to toss mine for other people, and it feels good to do that.

Managed to grab one more Aegis today, and now I'm totally satisfied with my Holiday haul.

Aw lovely! I mourn for my unreliable internet connection :' )

Wondering how long those will be staying in the AP till sb still able to have any finally shows up to take them hehe xd.png Very-latecommers only?tongue.gif

It's sooo easy to grab those with just 2 CBs limit... really, I like it easy for grabbing the releases but this is just impossibly easy xd.png I caught mine within a few hours after the start (normally the greatest hype and lags and stuff) and it was easy-peasy and I was on my slow phone and not even trying to be fast...

I think I'll drop 1 of mine too, 7h to hatch but anyway, I still need just 1 since I can't have 5CBs to make a gay family tongue.gif (I's like the catchdate to be the 25th)

I wish the community would flood the AP and make it stuck for a few hours with those ungrabbable eggs:P that would be a sth!

Why can't I do this blasted game. I have yet to do the post office thing and deliver to Gladys

I caught 5 cats but the 6th one is escaping time and time again

I managed to do the sled race in 17 in seconds

Nothing else. Sighs. I can't manage to do these things. I liked the snow fort event and trimming the Christmas tree. I could do those and enjoyed it, especially the snow fort. Next year could we have an event geared for those who like me have problems doing these follow the directions and do quest events. Not everyone is enamored of games like this one or the Minecraft thing which was also an exercise in frustration for me. I look forward for months to these events and get so frustrated when I can't do them. Not everyone is good at video games of any sort. Please!

To me this is a week of frustration. I can't even manage to follow the cheat sheets. Sighs.

People in charge and artists - I love the eggs. They are beautiful. I know the event took a lot of time and planning but between my very bad luck with games like this and the glitches and time lag. Argh.

Thank you for trying to give all of us a wonderful week. I know many people are joyful and happy with the game and everyone seems to like the eggs. So my thanks for your work. I know it took a lot of time effort and brilliant thinking and careful work. It is just me, my no see it brain and clumsy fingers and lack of computer skills.

Thanks you. smile.gif

I'm so excited! I caught a messy holly but on closer inspection I found it had 4 different Thwud sets of starter parents LMAO *wraps it in plastic* catch of the week. The game is completely beyond me.