TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Am I the only person who seems to have no glitches thus far (she says nervously...) Got multiple presents from every quest; ticks on every icon, still no cat in the house, though I do have two cat beds now, and not a single plushie, but that's not so awful. My house is GROSSLY overstuffed and I still hope for a festive bed, as the pink one is - so not me - but... I haven't even had to meet Gladys.

Even finding Bord was fairly easy today - he was in the same place as yesterday !!!

Thank you spriters. I, for one, aged 72 and not into this kind of thing as a rule, am enjoying it.

Yesterday I did all the quests, tomorrow morninig all the green marks on the icons are gone and seems I have to re-do all! ARGH! But I still have all the objects.

Anyone has my same problem?

Sock said you don't have to do all quests over again, but you can if you like to get more (and different) items for your house smile.gif

I am just at doing them all over again xd.png

I cannot find Hilda after delivering the firewood. She should be in the northern area left to the Abe (the sled racing kid), but she is not there! Try to reset the game, but nothing happened.

I cannot find Hilda after delivering the firewood. She should be in the northern area left to the Abe (the sled racing kid), but she is not there! Try to reset the game, but nothing happened.

I don't think you have to. Jade gave me my stuff.

I love Valkemarian Tales, but here's a few things:

1. In Alhira, the area where you arrive works just fine, but when you change screen the FPS drops to like 2 or 3, making it nearly impossible to do anything. (This also happens in places where it doesn't snow).

2. In house decorating, there's some issues with items.

-Cannot place things near the wall, even though in normal situations they could be.

user posted image

-I can only place the Wreath on the floor. Now, I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure you usually hang wreaths on the wall or door.

user posted image

-Item colours.

user posted image

I don't think I have anything else right now. Keep up the good work. smile.gif

Edit:

Some of the items disappeared from their places after I went out from my house.

Edited by Tindra

I don't think you have to. Jade gave me my stuff.

I thought Jade would do but I too didn't get stuff after delivering the Firewood. And no Hilda in the woods afterward. Bad luck? xd.png

And: My dark blue things are also cream coloured.

Edited by Moiken

I have a question for the game-makers. I have a friend who has been trying to play on her phone - and - well, NO. laugh.gif So she is going to catch up when she gets back to her PC.

You can repeat things to get more stuff, on the next day. What about people who are trying to play the whole game on - say - the last three days - can they just go in again and repeat several times on one day, or do they just end up with less stuff to choose from ?

This probably was reported before, but just in case:

user posted image

And not exactly a glitch, but:

user posted image

I don't think you know the meaning of HIDE-and-seek, Bord. xd.png

---

+my cats are gone from the cat beds. Does anyone know why? D:

This is rather nice game.. altough it's too slow to move around the map even when you run tongue.gif The mini-games and "story-games" are rather simple. At least now when you know where to go and what to do.. (however, it is only the 2nd day.. unsure.gif) Yesterday when I played with my phone it took much more time as it froze few times. Also you don't see the "bending" tasks as you do see them on computer. Other than that it worked fine with phone.

Bord has been hiding in the same place for 2 times. Rather easy to find him. Hopefully tomorrow he'll find some other place to hide so it'll get little more difficult.

user posted image

Thank you for everyone who has worked hard to bring us this nice event! (As much as I like this game I also would have rather had it before christmas. It does take time to do all the games just to keep up with the "story" (although I did complete everything faster today than yesterday as I knew where to go). And as someone said dragcave holiday event has also been my pre-christmas thing, to get me in the holiday spirit) biggrin.gif

Edited by sroo

Happy to say I've finished all the quest so far, thanks to all the tips and especially the maps that were given. Thank you!!

I still haven't gotten any cat beds, but I have a ton of people beds. xd.png

-Item colours.

user posted image

I guess that they aren't supposed to be in the colour their name is showing, the colour name is rather some kind of collection name for you to know which pieces of furniture are supposed to fit together. Furthermore, you can click on some of the items again and use "toggle". Some of the tables get a blanket if you do so. (The dark blue items get a dark blue blanket for example.)

user posted image

Edited by Leafeonne

Ok after taking a nap I decided to give the game another try. It went a little smoother this time and I took my time checking out Alhira. It doesn't feel so frustrating now that I know the layout of the town. The snow still makes moving so slow though. I'll just enjoy decorating my place with the items I managed to get. tongue.gif

I hope the Christmas hatchlings gender at some point today. Right now, I can't unsee prancing, winged Christmas hippos.

user posted image

Yet another layering glitch - I'm on another roof! xd.png

Also, where's the firewood? I forgot what Perl said, and I can't find it.

Edit: never mind, found it xd.png

Edited by Zeditha

Can someone please help me? Where I find the dogs to make the dog quest? I've been walking around the town and didn't see any dog so far.

So I've been having some issues with slow running speed in certain areas, and decided to try another browser, IE.

'Hey, this looks much better', I thought, the running speed was great! tongue.gif

And then (warning: some flashing going on)...

user posted image

Loooool! xd.png

Anyhow fun event, I like the game (going back to my main browser tho) laugh.gif

i did that and my book still isnt checked off

Try going to another screen. I noticed that I didn't get checkmarks for the sidequests until I went to another screen.

Has Gladys (or Galdys) been added yet?

I haven't had to deliver to her, but she's near where you get the firewood (in a house).

Instructions (highlight to view): From Nulhora main, go east into the next area, then north into the next area, much like you would to get to the sledding quest. Go to where you would normally accept the sledding quest (but don't take the quest, obviously). Head down from there, keeping to the right, staying in the area you're currently in. You'll come across a T-shaped house with fencing. Gladys is in that house.

Edited by pinkgothic

You don't have to re-do them if you don't want to. If you already did them once, then you don't need to. It's just you can right now if you want to.

By up-o-date on the story, do you mean that the game recognizes that you played last year or something different?

No, the game this year has story quests that will be added periodically as well. Today's story 'quest' was simple, it was literally just talking to Perl in the beginning of the game, and that got you your check mark on your book icon.

i talked to perl but my book is still not checked

So there are anyone re-done deliver quest? (In any case. Such as it wasn't for GLADYS or so on.)

i did, i got perl again to deliver to

@Queenofdragons6 i did that cause i noticed that as well but my book still isnt checked off

i talked to perl but my book is still not checked

birdzgoboom seems to have posted that yesterday. Today you need to deliver the firewood, by the looks of things.

(Edit: Whoops, sorry, nested quoting is apparently broken and I didn't notice. Fixed formatting derp.)

Edited by pinkgothic