TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

There was no mention of a prize chance this year, so I think it is unlikely that it matters. The raffle or contest was always announced up front when there were prizes to gain.

This. And three cheers for no raffle. I want to be able to get CB prizes, sure - but I would live without them for EVER rather than have another raffle.

So I did all the quests of daz one, got proper check marks, went off.... and now that I came back, Perl told me about the weather and stuff, but the icons show me the quests of the first day again. All unchecked now. It's snowing in Aliha, Jade is in two differet spots and I can only redo the quests I already did. But I won't get a new check mark on the book... And don't seem to be able to actually start the firewood quest anywhere.

Any advice at what I shall do? I'm also afraid now that if I go offline, everything will be gone again. Did I miss something about how to save progress or is this a glitch or something (with having to redo quests and such)

I thought this year would be a female Christmas dragon?

X-Mas dragons switch every 2 years (eg. Winter Magi and Wrapping Wing were male, Mistletoe and Solstice were female, Aegis was male), it's V-Day dragons that alternate every year.

Edited by Isuzu

X-Mas dragons switch every 2 years (eg. Winter Magi and Wrapping Wing were male, Mistletoe and Solstice were female, Aegis was male), it's V-Day dragons that alternate every year.

I could have sworn I remembered at Valentine's day last year TJ said they alternate after each holiday get the same gender. Or I am hallucinating, I did see the Christmas pattern a page back after I asked so it makes sense it is every two years.

Ok, I found Gladys, I'm supposed to deliver a package to her, but I when I hit spacebar near her, I just get a "hello" greeting. How am I supposed to give her the package? I didn't see a mailbox outside her house either.

I found Gladys, but I can't give her the parcel. She just says "Oh, hello!" and then the dialog does not continue. unsure.gif

FOUND GLADYS!!

It's in the map where the sledding quest is!

And where GENA says:

"Boo! Hah, I got you good."

It's the house to the left of her!

8D

Well I'm having the same parcel-giving issue by method of spacebar.

I checked out the other buttons and yep no mailbox.

There's nothing else I know about what to do next.

Edited by Serliek

This is going to be a very long two days, waiting for TJs babies to grow up. I love all the comments on them. xd.png

And is anything supposed to happen after finding Bord? Dialogue or something?

I re-did all the other quests now (and they are all checked now) but I can't deliver Pearl's parcel anymore. Maybe that's because I can't give Gladys hers. Even if Hand says so. unsure.gif

And there is no firewood icon (yet).

Now I can't refurnish my house, it just freezes after a while. sad.gif

Help!

Edited by Idril

I can't figure out the dog park thing. How do we figure out which one is patch?

So I did all the quests of daz one, got proper check marks, went off.... and now that I came back, Perl told me about the weather and stuff, but the icons show me the quests of the first day again. All unchecked now. It's snowing in Aliha, Jade is in two differet spots and I can only redo the quests I already did. But I won't get a new check mark on the book... And don't seem to be able to actually start the firewood quest anywhere.

Any advice at what I shall do? I'm also afraid now that if I go offline, everything will be gone again. Did I miss something about how to save progress or is this a glitch or something (with having to redo quests and such)

It's a new day. You just have to complete the story quest, which is getting firewood. The others are apparently side quests that get you furniture.

@PrincessLucy, get the dog in the picture. You have to pet him on the head.

I don't like this game one bit. I've traveled all around, tried to talk to people and dragons and I get nothing. One will say the town has changed this year and another says the town is different this year.

I quite this game, it's not worth my time.

There's a guide for this event here. It comes with maps.

Trying to answer some questions:

I had to redo all my quests because the checkmarks were gone, what happened?

The checkmarks reset daily, so you can repeat the quests to get new furniture for the house. You don't need to do them if you don't want to. Your old rewards don't go away.

The book means story quest, the checkmark is there to say if you have completed the daily story quest or not. Today, the story quest is the firewood one.

How do I activate the firewood quest?

Enter your house and exit again, Perl should talk to you.

Where is Gladys?

In her house, north of Nulhora, below the sledding race place.

Why can't I give the parcel to Gladys?

Glitch. Try to refresh while in her house, according to:

Word to those with issues concerning furniture glitching or Gladys not accepting her darned package:

Refresh your browser while you're in your house (for the furniture reappearing/rearranging/whatevering).

Refresh your browser while in Gladys' house (for her refusal to acknowledge you pushing a package in her face).

It solved both problems for me.  Now I don't leave my house after fiddlin' with furniture without hard refreshing the browser first.  Gotta love command-R.

Edited by LaHaine

Patch is shown inside of a little box in the beginning, but the distinct appearance is that he has orange fur on the front only, and a curly tail.

Also, already did all the quests, but what's the one with the book symbol?

Patch is shown inside of a little box in the beginning, but the distinct appearance is that he has orange fur on the front only, and a curly tail.

Also, already did all the quests, but what's the one with the book symbol?

The book is the story quest. Today that was the firewood one.

Think of it as the main quest/story for the game, with the others being side quests.

Edited by Isuzu

Starting to get super salty because I do some quests, try to save by moving furniture at my place, go through the tp, get lagged out trying to get to the maze, my phone reloads the page and my progress is gone. Could there be a save button so I don't have to suffer? Itd be super nice

How do I pet the dog? I don't understand any of this.

Find the dog in the picture, go next to it and press space, just like you interact with everything else.

I found Gladys, but I can't give her the parcel. She just says "Oh, hello!" and then the dialog does not continue. unsure.gif

Also having issues with this.