TJ09

2016-08-21 - August Release

Hey, everyone! Here's a little more information on the Kyanites:

They're sought after as pets due to their playful nature and small size, but because they hide in the ground and beneath large trees, they can be hard to come by. Demand for domestic stock far exceeds supply.

Their weak neurotoxin makes them ideal helpers in kitchens and cafés, where they can help kill rodents and other such pests.

Though they live underground, they're also quite able climbers, and occasionally venture into high tree branches to scout their territory for predators.

[...]

I want an army of Kyanites to hang around my grain silos. No predators there and lots of tall trees all around and I'd take such good care of them.

Please come to me, pretty pygmies. *v*

Ahem.

The more I look at them, the more the Kyanites' level of detail amazes me. And I love how they fit whole into the lineage tile... So tiny.

I'm really glad you guys like the Aeon! I have art for them but I won't be posting it until later on.

I look forward to this. happy.gif Thank you, birdzgoboom!

I really like Sunsongs and this is beautiful. <3

well it seems i cut myself in the fingers , I left the black luminas for last seeing they seemed uber comon, i even tossed 2 to the AP, thinking i could catch them later, but i dont see them now at all anymore. I did get another batch of time eggs now

So Dark Luminas are made from a Lumina + whatever?

All reported breedings thus far have been darks, but the artist says it is not random luck.

One suggestion was it was based on Moon phases.

All the dragons in this release are beautiful, but my favorite ones are the Almerald Dragons and the Kingcrowne Dragons. smile.gif I have locked myself with three more Almerald eggs. I will get more Kingcrowne Dragons once I have more space!

Oh well, this release was satisfying indeed. I particularity love Aeons and Kingcrownes for their colors, pose and lore. I also very appreciate that we have a new eastern dragon! they are outnumbered by the other dragon types and that's a shame if we want to keep a "balanced" dragon world wink.gif

First pigmy without wings? It's adorable, I would immediatly keep one in my house xd.png Dark luminas are very pretty, but the male sprite looks like it is lyingon the ground more than flying, it is a bit weird xd.png Maybe it is just something accentuated by the tiny tiny arms I think this breed would have been a wonderful lindurm btw.

Thank you TJ and all the spriters for this wonderful relase smile.gif

Can we get 5 new dragons every month? *cackles gleefully* I am having SO MUCH FUN. Thank you to all of the wonderful spriters!

Now if we could get a large Dino influx. I loves me some tennis shoe wearing improbables. xd.png

I'm just hoping to nick me a couple of the time distortion eggs instead of consistently misclicking thanks to an UBER iffy net connection. dry.gif

Can we get 5 new dragons every month? *cackles gleefully* I am having SO MUCH FUN. Thank you to all of the wonderful spriters!

Now if we could get a large Dino influx. I loves me some tennis shoe wearing improbables. xd.png

Pfft I wish, but then there's be nothing in the completed list. And we only really get 1-2 releases per month. The reason why we did get five this month was because of the Olympics

Although I could have sworn i saw unicorn dragons in there at one point. Maybe they'll be released soon? nevermind

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Pfft I wish, but then there's be nothing in the completed list. And we only really get 1-2 releases per month. The reason why we did get five this month was because of the Olympics

Although I could have sworn i saw unicorn dragons in there at one point. Maybe they'll be released soon? nevermind

It would still take a good while to release everything on the completed list at 5 a month. Bring it on!

Harder part is TJ likes to have a theme and finding 5 to fit each time could be tricky.

Great new additions to the site this time around. Thanks to all the spriters (and TJ of course) smile.gif

My babies are finally starting to gender!

This release has been great. Love the theme!!

Eeeee! I love all the new dragons! I have to say though, I think the Kingcrowne's are my favorite. I really wanted another orange/yellow dragon, and to have it be so pretty is just awesome! biggrin.gif

Note: in less then 24 hours from now, my dragons will be adults happy.gif

First of all I want to say this was a really cool post to read, so thank you for posting it.

I wanted to address this part since you were (kind of?) asking questions about it.

It says in the Aeon Wyvern's adult description:

"They are able to peer into the multi-dimensional plane of time, seeing all that is, all that has been, and all that could be—within a small localized zone. "

So think of it like this-- in a ring of an area around the Aeon, it can look into/project the future or the past and see the destined future (so what will definitely happen if things are allowed to naturally play out), anything that may potentially play out in the future if variables are changed, and also see into the past... but just in that zone. Like a recording playing through for them in that area of effect. Fast forwarding, rewinding, playing over again... that sort of deal. But they can't tamper with anything themselves, and they won't tell anyone the destined outcome of major conflicts/events (war, disaster, etc). (They also won't tell anyone how to change the future and avoid said outcome, either.)

More or less this, as well.

And if the Aeon helps someone(s) once for something major, then people are going to expect the Aeon to do it again. And again. And again. And then they just get reliant on that Aeon's help/foresight. And they might get angry if the Aeon decides not to do anything for other major events. So it's better not to touch the issues in the first place, and let them just play out on their own.

Your most welcome! Glad you liked it.

I was more posing points for discussion rather than questions, but I do love the additional information! So if I'm understanding correctly... The Aeons could, if an egg was sitting in front of them, predict:

color

the mates they will like / hate

how many babies they will have and of what breed

And how having a Pink pay a visit will change that, how not breeding to dragon x will affect all the offspring, and such. And they can see into the past, I'd assume back just until that egg was laid? Or can they see back to its parents, and their lives?

But they CAN'T predict those things for an egg sitting in a nest on the other side of the continent. Right?

And they would be willing to share some of this information above.... but would NOT be willing to share if that egg grew into a terrible tyrant?

Either way, I really like the Aeons and their concept.

Cheers!

C4.

user posted image

^The Aeons xd.png

I love Doctor Who(or at least the rtd-era) which means more love for the time-seeing Aeons. I will definitely be hoarding them!

I'd also love to have such releases every single month exept halloween:)

The smallest regular release of 3 breeds and the largest of 7(probably for birthdays), every single month exept for break for the Halloween period.

or, alternatively

smaller releases of 1-4 breeds every two weeks (still at weekends) exept for Halloween period.

And! 2 opposite gender breeds for Christmas and Valentine releases.

That would finally move things forward.

Really, the completed section is only growing and there is also the hidden section the in-cave artists tend to work in! There's such a plenty of dragons waiting to be released that it'll never run out!

I really don't care if there's a theme to each release... I've never seen any if there was anyway, exept for this one and maybe 2 others...

I simply need sth else to do in the game, inbetween releases I'm getting bored, and this one was exciting and I'll have a bit more to do now!(breeding 15 eggs from them, 3 per breed to freeze; hopefully I won't need replacements in case of the re-cough-fusal)

Edited by VixenDra

3 per month would be more than enough for me xd.png

Agreed. That way I can grab at least one complete breeding pair for each and have one extra slot for a third of my fav of the bunch.

I really don't care if there's a theme to each release... I've never seen any if there was anyway, exept for this one and maybe 2 others...

I simply need sth else to do in the game, inbetween releases I'm getting bored, and this one was exciting and I'll have a bit more to do now!(breeding 15 eggs from them, 3 per breed to freeze; hopefully I won't need replacements in case of the re-cough-fusal)

I get bored with Dragon Cave a lot so a lot of the time if I get eggs, I forget that they are on my scroll due to the fact of getting bored. It's like, you can do so much on this click site without getting bored. The forums as well, there was a time where I had a leave of absence caise of how full it gotten. I really would love to see more dragons on the completed page in here. (I keep waiting to see if the dragon I thought of is going to disappear one day xd.png)

I think we're getting off topic now.

Again. Huge thanks from TJ and the spriter on these pretty dragons

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

I get bored with Dragon Cave a lot so a lot of the time if I get eggs, I forget that they are on my scroll due to the fact of getting bored. It's like, you can do so much on this click site without getting bored. The forums as well, there was a time where I had a leave of absence caise of how full it gotten. I really would love to see more dragons on the completed page in here. (I keep waiting to see if the dragon I thought of is going to disappear one day xd.png)

I think we're getting off topic now.

Again. Huge thanks from TJ and the spriter on these pretty dragons

Haha, I actually have a dragon I'm 100% certain was there but is not now, I'm waiting to see if it'll be in-cave someday. I'm keeping quiet about the breed, though wink.gif

Anyways, I don't think Aeons are rare. I've seen them about four times or so in the past hour or two. Which I'm glad about because it means a higher possibility of them having a BSA biggrin.gif I would really like to see the markings glow blue!

I've been trying to get the Dark Luminas and haven't seen any for a couple of days - bummer.