TJ09

2016-08-21 - August Release

Such a colorful release.

My favorites are definitely the Kingcrowne (shiny wub.gif) and Aeons (those wings wub.gif).

I'm curious what the Newminas will look like when scaleless.

All of the adults look so beautiful, I'm so glad I managed to catch at least one of all of them! My favorites have to be the Almeralds because they're so green and serene. And because they're eastern dragons, I love those things.

What a wonderful release!

Extremely happy because I finally have a properly gendered/influenced pair of each new breed <3 Caught the aeon and dark lumina I needed without much trouble. Now I can simply relax cool.gif

Oh yeah, I knew there was something I wanted to say--I am really eager to see what the D.Luminas look like without their scales. I hope they look really cool! I can't imagine them not looking cool, though. Lol.

I didn't even think of that! A little extra surprise, yay! smile.gif

The Aeons are my favorites, especially the males! I love them

It'll be a while before I have all the CBs I need but I'll definitely be breeding those guys first when I get them. o3o

Do any of them have a BSA ? I am on internet on a ferry, and it won't allow me to view the wiki....

Do any of them have a BSA ? I am on internet on a ferry, and it won't allow me to view the wiki....

TJ is the only one with adults so far - so we don't know yet wink.gif

I ended up with 2 magic auras, 1 time, 1 dark lumina, 2 glossy greens, and 1 tiny cobalt. So far, my favorites are the shiny greens because they're shiny green and eastern, lol!

I love them all and thank you so much to the spriters who work so hard on the dragons for us. You guys are awesome. As soon as I'm happy with my amount of pinks and reds, I'll be getting more of these pretty babies.

Edited by SlyFox

Back from work and now all of TJ's are grown up! What a beautiful crop of dragons. I think the Kingcrownes are my favorite, but really I like them all. So hard to pick one.

Thank you again for a great release, TJ and spriters!

Well we know we can breed Dark Luminas from Luminas.

Is it color or mana based?

I know I got dark Luminas from Magma×Lumina and Turpentine×Lumina pairings.

Both are non-Lumina parents are dark colored breeds, and both breeds are destruction mana aligned (fire and dark respectively.)

Has anyone else tried other color or mana combos?

Anyone else?

Oooh, I love the Kyanites, which is surprising to me since usually I don't care for pygmies. But it's such a nice sprite. I particularly like the Aeons too, and that nice red shading on the Kingcrownes.

Both are non-Lumina parents are dark colored breeds, and both breeds are destruction mana aligned (fire and dark respectively.)

Anyone else?

I got a D. Lumina breeding a Albino with a Lumina. Lineage link. So it's probably not color based. Albinos have a neutral mana affiliation, so that could still be a possibility...

ETA: I also got one breeding a Lumina with a Candelabra Lineage link. Dark color but Light mana... huh. Interesting.

My final Lumina was bred with a Nebula (Green). It was dark again. Lineage link. I have no idea what will produce a white Lumina.

Edited by silver_chan

Anyone else?

Bred my male Lumina with a Yellow-crowned, whose mana affinity is Light. The egg produced was a dark one. Added lineage link: https://dragcave.net/lineage/eULIV

Edited by andromedae

/high fives kyanite crowd

And I believe someone did guess aeon. =o

*high fives back*

This is the only time I've ever attempted to guess a new-release's name and aaaaaaaah!

And somebody did guess Aeon for the Wyverns (I was going to find it and quote it here, but it's taking me too long, heh.)

But, wow. All of these adults are awesome! The Kingcrownes are stunning, the Almeralds are just as pretty as I thought they'd be, the Aeons look amazing (I really love their "one-way mirror" wings), I just love the Dark Luminas (especially the females; love that pose!), and I love Pygmies and gemstones, so the Kyanite Pygmies are just yes. And they're Easterns, too!

All-around great release. Thanks again to TJ and to the spriters for their hard work!

My favourite of this release is definitely the Almeralds. They're such a nice shade of green and I can't wait to start hoarding them :3

Some thoughts on the Dark Luminas:

They aren't a new dragon.

The spirits were completed about three and a half years ago - waiting for the right moment.  

They aren't alts.

Even though they share hatchling sprites, Dark Luminas are a cousin breed. As such their behavior is actually quite different than their light cousins.  Where as the light Luminae are fairly nice, dark lumina will mess you right up.

Dark Luminas are intentionally sleeker. 

They are also longer, faster, and smarter.

They are tamable but are a bit like monkeys - they can live with you for years but someday just snap.  The younger you get them the less likely they will snap.

There has been some speculation about how breeding works.

I'm not going to revel how it works because that's no fun, but it's not simply luck - I'll say that much.

Well, Corteo says there is a mechanic to the breeding (or rather that's is not luck-based.)

So there has to be something...

It's not the day/night cycle because people have gotten Dark Luminas during the day.

So, what is it?

Lunar cycles? Seasonal? Some arbitrary thing we haven't noticed yet?

Idk.

Edit: It's not gender-based either. At least, for the two I've bred

Edit2: Maybe Biomes like the adults? Idk.

I guess you are right silver_chan.

Edited by Shokomon

Well, Corteo says there is a mechanic to the breeding (or rather that's is not luck-based.)

So there has to be something...

It's not the day/night cycle because people have gotten Dark Luminas during the day.

So, what is it?

Lunar cycles? Seasonal? Some arbitrary thing we haven't noticed yet?

Idk.

Maybe it will become more obvious once we can breed the Dark Luminas.

Oh wow, I just got that the eggs in the banner are arranged to mimic the symbol for the Olympics.

xd.png

I think Lumina breeding might be affected by DC's lunar phases, but it's just a wild guess.

Does anyone have the list of what is which biomes? I know alpine and forest have them all and I think pygmies and dark luminae are everywhere, but for the rest, I lost my list

And TIA

Edited by ainisarie

It looks like that poor Dark Lumina is trying to scoot across the floor without using it's legs.

Adorable.

Kinda disappointed that I don't like the pygmies or green Easterns more :< They were some of my favorites based on the hatchling stages and eggs.

Seems that I've gone completely the other way on this release- the ones whose eggs I didn't like (Aeons and Crownes) have turned out to be my favorites. I hope those Aeons don't end up being rare D: I want an army of them.