TJ09

2016-08-21 - August Release

Stunning dragons, all of them!

Loving especially the Aeons, Almeralds and the Kyanites! Eastern Pygmies! Yay!

And I'm looking forward to start a Lumina/Dark Lumina lineage!

Kingcrownes wcould look great with Sunsongs.

Some thoughts on the Dark Luminas:

They aren't a new dragon.

The spirits were completed about three and a half years ago - waiting for the right moment.

They aren't alts.

Even though they share hatchling sprites, Dark Luminas are a cousin breed. As such their behavior is actually quite different than their light cousins. Where as the light Luminae are fairly nice, dark lumina will mess you right up.

Dark Luminas are intentionally sleeker.

They are also longer, faster, and smarter.

They are tamable but are a bit like monkeys - they can live with you for years but someday just snap. The younger you get them the less likely they will snap.

There has been some speculation about how breeding works.

I'm not going to revel how it works because that's no fun, but it's not simply luck - I'll say that much.

Interesting!

I guess once we start getting adults we will have to start experimenting. wink.gif

The aeons are cool but the wings why are the wings for the male transparent to the point you can see the tail behind it but the female the wings are a solid red that just doesn't make sense to me

The reason is because I made their wings to act similarly to what we have IRL called a 'one-way mirror.' The red is opaque, but the white can sometimes be seen through.

It's just a much easier concept to convey actually in the sprite as opposed to not, so even though realistically under the lighting in the sprite it wouldnt quite look that way, I figure it's more important to actually show it in the art rather than leave it out since it's part of their design.

(I figured someone would ask about that, haha.)

I'm really glad you guys like the Aeon! I have art for them but I won't be posting it until later on.

also nothing i make is ever safe from the memes....why ;-;

Congrats to my fellow arty friends too, beautiful dragons this release! o:

Interesting!

I guess once we start getting adults we will have to start experimenting. wink.gif

I'm looking forward to that. I'd love to build a light x dark luminia checker line. wub.gif

Plenty to find in AP though. Incuhatchable too, I picked one a while back. wink.gif

That actually worked for me, too. :-) (Although I wouldn't call them incuhatchable. <g>)

Many thanks to the kind people who dropped the new eggs to the AP!

oooh how pretty! I especially like the Kingcrownes and Almeralds. Glad I'm not a huge fan of the Aeon sprites, although their description is my favorite~

Haven't had much time to look, but I've only seen Almeralds in the cave- are others still dropping? (I mean obviously, but decently rn)

This release is so colorful and pretty. o3o

(Hmm, Kingcrowne's hair has possible healing properties?)

/high fives kyanite crowd

And I believe someone did guess aeon. =o

I am in love with the Aeons. <3

What meme is birdzgoboom talking about, though?

Wow, was wrong about the Green ones, they are not the Dragon I saw on the completed list some time ago (To wait some more for them!)

Green and Red dragons look pretty, not a fan of Luminas (Always disliked them), the Kyanites look adorable and the Kingcrownes have an amazing adult sprite!

I like the Dark Luminas better than the lighter ones, personally. Loving the green ones!

I don't know that I have a favorite, they are all wonderful in their unique way. I must give though to lineages

Congrats again to all the spriters, and thanks TJ09, for a prize winning release.

I reallyreallyreally like the Kingcrownes. wub.gif I thought the Almeralds would be my favorites (and I do like them very much), but to me the Kingcrownes steal the show.

And I guess the Aeon's description confirms that they are, indeed, rare...? *sigh*

I didn't particularly like the Kingcrownes when I first saw them, but now that I look again they're absolutely stunning.

/high fives kyanite crowd

/Recieves high-five

We were...

Kyan-right!

I'm allowed to enjoy all of the sprites, and so I shall. They look pretty. All of them look pretty to me.

They're all so beautiful. <3 I love them all and I cannot pick a favorite. But I will say, I can't wait to get a male Almerald to name Shenron. I've had that name claimed for years and finally settled on a green Gemshard for it, but these Almeralds are perfect. <3

Thank you so much for these wonderful new pretties! ^^

Okay so I was wrong. The Almerald isn't my favorite adult sprite. I thought it would be, based on the hatchlings. I'm definitely hoarding the hatchlings. But for some reason I'm a little underwhelmed with the adults.

The Kingcrowns are amazing. So shiny! I'm glad someone made a lineage mock-up with Sunsongs, that looks beautiful. And the Dark Luminas, I like them much better then their light cousin. Never really liked Luminas much for some reason. But these I love, especially their poses.

The pygmy... Eh. I don't like pygmies much anyways, but it's kinda cute. I'll collect a few more. The Aeons... Wow. I'm still hoping they have some sort of time-related BSA. I like the female adult, but the male looks kind of weird to me. That transparent wing just throws me off.

Overall, wonderful release! I can't wait until we start getting the adults! 1 day and 13 hours, for me.

AAAAAAAAHHHH I finally caught my first Aeon egg!!! xd.png

So now I can admit how very beautiful I actually find them. tongue.gif

Still have not caught an Aeon yet, but I will get one one of these days!

I like them all but the dark lumina probably is my favorite of the five.

Oh yeah, I knew there was something I wanted to say--I am really eager to see what the D.Luminas look like without their scales. I hope they look really cool! I can't imagine them not looking cool, though. Lol.

I LOVE THE KINGCROWNES! wub.gif All the breeds in this release are wonderful, but these are just absolutely stunning. And the Kyanites just bumped the Magelights off their "favourite pygmy" throne.