TJ09

2016-08-21 - August Release

I just love all of the adults...great job all on them and thanks for the release TJ biggrin.gif

Like the Aeon Wyvern but really not a fan of the Dark Lumina. It has an eh kind of pose and I don't care for the fact that it is just a Lumina with a slightly different color and personality. But that is my opinion, so whatever.

I love these new dragons! I'm so excited to collect more of them. smile.gif The idea of the dark lumina is super cool.

If any one breds a normal Lumina, make sur to say something! I haven't seen one yet.

I love all these dragons. Thank you TJ and spriters again!

Missing Kingcrowne and Aeon. Which is a shame, because the Aeons are my favorite in terms of design and I'm not seeing them in the cave anymore (because I haven't really had time to look for more than a few minutes, but still).

Haha, time travel is so confusing, which lends itself well to gray morality areas too xd.png have you heard of the newest Harry Potter book? It features time travel a lot and raises a lot of questions in doing so, lol.

No, can't say I have. Is it the one based off of the play?

But yea, everything about time travel is a gray area so I'm with walkinslow on this one, better Aeons stay out of it! So I too give them marks in the "good guy" column. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.

those lumina are a lovely kind of black, so pretty, black is a great color

the easterns are just lovely and im probably gonna hoard them, i love their designs!

the king crowns are STUNNING definitely hoarding!

the Amerald is probably my favorite of the bunch

Edited by blockEdragon

Two of my newer dragons are gendered. 5 Days and 11 hours left to grow up so sometime Friday they'll be adults biggrin.gif

Missing Kingcrowne and Aeon. Which is a shame, because the Aeons are my favorite in terms of design and I'm not seeing them in the cave anymore (because I haven't really had time to look for more than a few minutes, but still).

The Aeons are there, just infrequent. I saw one in the Forest just a few minutes ago.

Hey, everyone! Here's a little more information on the Kyanites:
  • They're sought after as pets due to their playful nature and small size, but because they hide in the ground and beneath large trees, they can be hard to come by. Demand for domestic stock far exceeds supply.
  • Their weak neurotoxin makes them ideal helpers in kitchens and cafés, where they can help kill rodents and other such pests.
  • Though they live underground, they're also quite able climbers, and occasionally venture into high tree branches to scout their territory for predators.
I actually didn't mean to make these dragons; back when we were working on the Brewing Up Mischief event last year, I was scratch-sprinting the Tanglebracken item, and I noticed the sketchy sprite I had looked like a dragon. So, rather than keep that as the item, I turned it into the Kyanite adult sprite, and started over on the Tanglebracken.

Aaaand that's all for now. They'll be fleshed out further in the encyclopedia at some point in the future.

Oohh thanks for the info!

I could use a few Kyanites IRL to help around the house. They are adorable! I don't collect many pygmies so I'm going to have limited breeding options with these, which sucks because I really do like them.

Which biome(s) do the Aeon Wyverns drop in? They are the only ones I haven't been able to find so far.

Which biome(s) do the Aeon Wyverns drop in? They are the only ones I haven't been able to find so far.

They're in the Alpine and Forest

Just caught a Dark Lumina that was bred from a Yulebuck and a regular Lumina! biggrin.gif

Can Dark Luminas still be found in the cave? I was only able to pick up one so far... :/

Just caught a Dark Lumina that was bred from a Yulebuck and a regular Lumina! biggrin.gif

Can Dark Luminas still be found in the cave? I was only able to pick up one so far... :/

They can! They're just a bit elusive, I got one from the coast earlier today tongue.gif

Eh, I like them as a standalone breed, but since I've got an interest in gems, I suppose anything is possible ^^

Yay, another gem lover biggrin.gif Make all the gems as dragons!!

EEEEK THEY'RE ALL PRETTY!!! :D

My favorite is the Kingcrown, so I'm happy that I have the most of those! AH!! Hopefully they stay pretty common since I'd LOVE to do a Lovely Common with them, Sunsong Amphiptheres, and.. maybe Magi? Sunrises? idk yet I'm still drooling over how pretty they are~ <3

(Hmm, Kingcrowne's hair has possible healing properties?)

Dangit I already have a pair of dragons (a Purple and a Whiptail, named and described) with names referencing the main characters from Disney's movie "Tangled", and I would definitely say Kingcrowns also (if not better) fit the theme~ I'll have to work in a reference at some point into one of mine's description because magical glowy healing hair. :3

Edited by Denwayasha

I can't believe that I nicked named my kingcrowne hatchie Preenie Weenie and it gendered male xd.png

These are awesome eggs and new dragons. The KingCrownes quite catch my fancy but each of the new 5 dragons have splendid and unique components that make them intriguing. I am so looking forward to have them join my scroll. Thank-you to TJ, conceptors, and spriters.

[snip]

And... you also have to take into account the nature of time, and its flow. CAN the Aeons see ALL of time at the same time? And can they see how interfering *here* would change variables x, y, z, and jjft? Can they know, beyond doubt, that they won't cause Unintended Side Effects that are far worse? What is the nature of "time" in the DC verse? Can the Aeons use their knowledge of the future to change the present, and having change the present does that mean they no longer see that future (and so wouldn't change it)? Are you looking at multiple timelines (parallel universes) that split off?

[snip]

First of all I want to say this was a really cool post to read, so thank you for posting it.

I wanted to address this part since you were (kind of?) asking questions about it.

It says in the Aeon Wyvern's adult description:

"They are able to peer into the multi-dimensional plane of time, seeing all that is, all that has been, and all that could be—within a small localized zone. "

So think of it like this-- in a ring of an area around the Aeon, it can look into/project the future or the past and see the destined future (so what will definitely happen if things are allowed to naturally play out), anything that may potentially play out in the future if variables are changed, and also see into the past... but just in that zone. Like a recording playing through for them in that area of effect. Fast forwarding, rewinding, playing over again... that sort of deal. But they can't tamper with anything themselves, and they won't tell anyone the destined outcome of major conflicts/events (war, disaster, etc). (They also won't tell anyone how to change the future and avoid said outcome, either.)

Or, having seen the full depth and breath of ALL of time, do they realize that even the worst events are just a spec of dust in the huge flowing river of time, and that this, too, shall pass?

More or less this, as well.

And if the Aeon helps someone(s) once for something major, then people are going to expect the Aeon to do it again. And again. And again. And then they just get reliant on that Aeon's help/foresight. And they might get angry if the Aeon decides not to do anything for other major events. So it's better not to touch the issues in the first place, and let them just play out on their own.

Edited by birdzgoboom

"They are able to peer into the multi-dimensional plane of time, seeing all that is, all that has been, and all that could be—within a small localized zone. "

So they are the dragon forms of The Guardian of Forever, then.

It says in the Aeon Wyvern's adult description:

So think of it like this-- in a ring of an area around the Aeon, it can look into/project the future or the past and see the destined future (so what will definitely happen if things are allowed to naturally play out), anything that may potentially play out in the future if variables are changed, and also see into the past... but just in that zone. Like a recording playing through for them in that area of effect. Fast forwarding, rewinding, playing over again... that sort of deal. But they can't tamper with anything themselves, and they won't tell anyone the destined outcome of major conflicts/events (war, disaster, etc). (They also won't tell anyone how to change the future and avoid said outcome, either.)

OH So it works kind of like a Timeshift Orb/Stone (Stones are stationary, Orbs can be moved around but both project the past in a set zone to help Link progress through the area) from the Zelda game "Skyward Sword"? I knew the egg coloring reminded me of something!

Also two of my Kingcrowns (eee the s1s are cuuutteeee! n_n) and my first Almerald, Kyanite, and Dark Lumina have hatched! Off to hunt some more!